PDA

View Full Version : best tires for a 400ex

05-04-2002, 07:34 AM
i need new tires on my 400ex and im wondering what is the best....i do some tar riding to get to alot of trails probably 2 or 3 miles in a day.......i want a tire with the best grip but i want it to have good wear too....i do alot of sloppy mud hard pack and a lil sand riding....what is the best tire.....pure sport realtors...holeshot xct.....titan fast trekker 20".......maxxis surtrak or alltrak....gbc mud shark....itp spider trac.....any other suggestions would be appriciated too

CranMan
05-04-2002, 08:33 AM
Man I've got to say I think the stockers are really good too. I had some other tires (Dirt Devils) and when I switched back to the stockers I realized how well they hook up on alot of different terrains. You can find them cheap alot when people replace them for "better" tires... :D

05-04-2002, 08:38 AM
ya everyone around here is like me are do smokeshows till they are slicks b4 they get rid of them...do you have any suggestions of good places to ask around? junkjards? honda shop?

yamaha1470
05-04-2002, 08:48 AM
Maybe you should try some 6 Ply Razr's

05-04-2002, 08:49 AM
wouldnt those be really heavy tires?

Kadafiy
05-04-2002, 03:33 PM
I waited until my stock were really worn out to replace them too. I asked a queation like this a little while ago and got a bunch a diffferent answers. I finally decided to get a tire that no one mentioned, Wooly Boogers. They hook up great in all conditions and are a great all around rire. I got 22's and they work awesome. I tried doing some donuts like I usually do and got bucked off my quad because they hooked up so good. They also slide well. Well that's my suggestion. Sorry for the book. Oh yeah and they last forever.

DEAL
05-04-2002, 05:28 PM
Yep , i have talked to alot of people about 400ex tires and everyone seems to like the stock ones , the only thing is that they can easily get flats.

05-04-2002, 05:29 PM
hey man thanx for the suggestion but i had those on my old fourwheeler and i think the stockers hooked up better but thats just me....it was only a 250x anywayz so i cant judge by it....ill take it into consideration