PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHAT400
02-22-2005, 07:33 AM
This was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake George! (For those of you who are not local, Lake George is in Ocala FL.) That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth! Are you ready to go skiing on Lake George?! If you ski at the west end of the lake -- try not to fall. Keep scrolling - there are 2 photos

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/deno346/biggator.bmp
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/deno346/lunch.bmp

Flynbryan19
02-22-2005, 07:38 AM
WHOLLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

I was just in florida two weeks ago..... My wife has seen many gators down there as well, but I'll bet none THAT big. :eek2:

sharkinthepool
02-22-2005, 07:46 AM
dude I am not bursting your bubbles or anything. But I could not see the pictures that well so I pulled them up and this is what I found.
It is still far out!!! Dont get me wrong!!!:eek2: :eek:

Summary of the e:Rumor
Pictures of an alligator swimming in a lake with a dead deer in its mouth. The text says the picture was taken by a media helicopter from KTBS over Lake George in Ocla, Florida.

The Truth
The pictures are authentic, but the explanatory information is incorrect. We're not sure what lake the email is referring to.
Perhaps Georges Lake, which is about 60 miles from Ocala, not in Ocala. Also, these pictures were not taken by the KTBS helicopter.
KTBS is in Shreveport, Louisiana, which is more than 800 miles away. KTBS tells us that this picture did not come from their helicopter, which crashed in 1992 and has not been replaced.

The facts are that these pictures were taken in 2004 by Terri Jenkins, an officer of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife service over the Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge about 40 miles South of Savannah, Georgia.
According to a news release, the she was aboard a helicopter that was igniting prescribed fires in the refuge when the 12 to 13-foot alligator was spotted swimming with the full-grown deer in its mouth.

Beware the Refuge! Savannah, Georgia!

PHAT400
02-22-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by sharkinthepool
dude I am not bursting your bubbles or anything. But I could not see the pictures that well so I pulled them up and this is what I found.
It is still far out!!! Dont get me wrong!!!:eek2: :eek:

Summary of the e:Rumor
Pictures of an alligator swimming in a lake with a dead deer in its mouth. The text says the picture was taken by a media helicopter from KTBS over Lake George in Ocla, Florida.

The Truth
The pictures are authentic, but the explanatory information is incorrect. We're not sure what lake the email is referring to.
Perhaps Georges Lake, which is about 60 miles from Ocala, not in Ocala. Also, these pictures were not taken by the KTBS helicopter.
KTBS is in Shreveport, Louisiana, which is more than 800 miles away. KTBS tells us that this picture did not come from their helicopter, which crashed in 1992 and has not been replaced.

The facts are that these pictures were taken in 2004 by Terri Jenkins, an officer of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife service over the Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge about 40 miles South of Savannah, Georgia.
According to a news release, the she was aboard a helicopter that was igniting prescribed fires in the refuge when the 12 to 13-foot alligator was spotted swimming with the full-grown deer in its mouth.

Beware the Refuge! Savannah, Georgia!

That's cool man.... i had this in my email this am... i figured the text was probably something made up but.... regardless... That's some cool S***.... Would'nt you agree..

sharkinthepool
02-22-2005, 07:55 AM
OH yeah dont get me wrong! I looked it up just cause I could not see the pics that well! Still mind blowing. You see that type of stuff, like on the nile river on nature shows, but not in GEORGIA/FLORIDA!

theTman
02-22-2005, 08:10 AM
:eek2: how does it get the deer....alligators cant run!

PHAT400
02-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by theTman

It appears that the deer was already dead. It look's like rigor mortis has already set in... Yummy... free lunch.. probably found it on the shore..

:rolleyes:

sharkinthepool
02-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Deer might have tried to swim the lake:eek2: and never made it, or maybe the gator was on the edge waiting on it too!

Flynbryan19
02-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Deer might have tried to swim the lake:eek2: and never made it, or maybe the gator was on the edge waiting on it too!

Or it leaned down to the waters edge to get a drink of water and ............WHAMMM!!! you get the idea. ;)

FourFiftyFour
02-22-2005, 09:19 AM
holy crap..... i wonder if anyone has seen that thing up close :eek2:

BrandonBlackmon
02-22-2005, 09:23 AM
I don't know about you man, but if you do decide to do a lil skiing, I don't think it would hurt to pack the heavy artillary from here on out!!!!!

TheFontMaster
02-22-2005, 10:17 AM
This reminds me of that movie Lake Placid.

PHAT400
02-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
This reminds me of that movie Lake Placid.

OH MAN AWESOME MOVIE.... Snapped that dude's head off like a twig... :eek2:

catch22blaster
02-22-2005, 10:27 AM
sawwwwweeeeeeeeeeettttttttt:D

Merriman
02-22-2005, 10:55 AM
I used to be stationed with the 2-3 Avaition unit in Savannah Georgia. We went on one particular flight over the 3rd ID base, and saw this aligator in some river that had to be atleast 14 feet long. It was the largest I've ever seen. We hovered over it in the blackhawk helicopter with the doors open for a minute. I felt that we are low enough that it could reach out and touch us.......

There was also a time I went fishing in a back pond on our Hunter AAF base. I met this other guy out there, and he was using giant bread balls to catch the carpe, well about a 5 foot aligator was swimming around, and evertime the guy caught a fish he would swim after it and eat it. :mad: Then he decided he wanted the loaf of bread too so he came out of the water.......about that time we felt it was safer if we ran to the truck and left.....:eek2:

RideRed250ex
02-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by theTman

Have you never watched discovery channel? Its the same way they catch the antelope! they sit below surface wait till it comes in for a drink and BAM nails it! drags it it to kill it! :eek2:

Quad18star
02-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Ya I'm glad we don't have those things around here . About the only thing we gotta worry about are beavers . :p :p

sharkinthepool
02-22-2005, 12:15 PM
:devious: yeah I heard it can get pretty hairy around those beavers!

TheFontMaster
02-22-2005, 06:55 PM
:devious: yeah I heard it can get pretty hairy around those beavers!

Yea those little mothers can bite your nipple off. :p

2002400ex
02-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Whoa....we have bad shark problems at the beach, but not a whole lot of gators. There was a 12ft gator run over on the causeway by a 18 wheeler one time.:)

sly400ex
02-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Ya I'm glad we don't have those things around here . About the only thing we gotta worry about are beavers . :p :p

Haha...I think if beaver came to attack me, I wouldn't try to fight it off!:p :devil: ;)

sharkinthepool
02-23-2005, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by sly400ex
Haha...I think if beaver came to attack me, I wouldn't try to fight it off!:p :devil: ;)

:p haha