PDA

View Full Version : 300ex bearing carrier removal!! Need Help FAST!!!!

300ex_dude
05-04-2002, 07:13 AM
How do you remove the bearing carrier in a 300ex?? I can't figure it out. I'm in a hurry to get it off and I need to know. Please explain in detail!! Thanx

250xman
05-04-2002, 09:17 AM
all you do is take of your axle, then the brakes,then the brake hub. once you have all this done take out the pinch blots that hold in the carrier then pull the thing out from the left side of the quad(if your standing in front its the right side) and thast it.

400exRacerX
05-04-2002, 09:31 AM
Ummmm.....:huh :huh

Heres a more descriptive way, first put the quad on a jack, then remove both rear wheels, next take the brake caliper off, now loosen the pinch bolts on the swingarm to loosen the carrier, next loosen your axlenut and take it off (this is a real pain in the @$$!!!) if you have never taken the nut off yet, then take the brake hub off, loosen your right side hub and take it off. Now slide the nut, nut threads, snap ring, brake hub, and caliper mount off the axle. Loosen your chain and take the chain off the rear sproclet. Now slightly tap your axle out of the carrier from right to left. After all this is done take the pinch bolts out and slide the carrier out ofthe swingarm.

Reply if you have any more questions,,, I think you might have a bit trouble with the axle nut.

Norm

muff
05-04-2002, 12:20 PM
400exracer was pretty much correct but he forgot to mention to take off the right hub, and to get the bearing carrier out you need to undo the bolt on the swingarm, i'll post some pics in a little bit