PDA

View Full Version : Music Debate

Jekyl_22
02-22-2005, 02:02 AM
LOL... well... a previous thread was basically warped into a musical thread. So here it is... a thread where you guys can feel free to debate and quiz fellow music lovers.

(In response to a previous post from BansheeGuy) Kirk Hammet... HAHA. He's a great guitarist, but he couldn't hold his own against Hendrix or Van Halen. Metallica is one of the greatest bands that's for sure. I love how they totally rock on hard songs but can turn around and totally create an amazing slow song. I love "Hero of the Day" (Metallica & San Fransisco version).

For some of you who like guitar or discovering music... check out Johnny Winter. He was basically acclaimed as Hendrix's equal in his day.

Quiz Questions for you music fans:

(Led Zeppelin) This should take a lot of research! By whom and where was Jimmy Page's Dragon Suit created?

(AC/DC) Who was AC/DC's first singer? Don't go peaking on the internet either ;) I'm very curious as to what we will get for answers...

(ZepHead is currently working on the 1st one... so you people who want to win the GRAND PRIZE had better get on it!)

The first person to answer the Led Zeppelin question is officially a stud and will recieve an online pat on the back from me!

Winners of the AC/DC question will receive a very special and personalized "Congratulations" from your's truly.

Best of luck :p

allmixedup047
02-22-2005, 02:36 AM
bon scott i think. my step dad is a hardcore ac/dc fan. he died in a car crash i think.

anyways 311 is the best band ever and if you play guitar, bass , or drums you will really apriciate 311's music. they are some of the best at what they do. not to mention they are all about diversity and positivity. i think we all could use a little more of that in our lives.

zephead400ex
02-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Well, eitherway, I'm a stud, haha! I've been sick since last week, let me get a hold of my Zep sources and see what I can find about the Dragon suit.

Question for you: do you know what the suit was made out of?...no internet peeking either:D

alimdar2times
02-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Bon Scott was the original singer of AC/DC, and he died in true "rock star" fashion, aspirating (choking to death) on his own vomit after a drinking binge. He didn't die in a car crash, but was discovered dead in his car.

The Dragon Suit thing.... I'll leave that one to zephead....

Jekyl_22
02-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Very good guess.... but Bon Scott was not AC/DC's original member. His hiring is slightly distorted, but most believe that after seeing AC/DC in concert, Bon requested a chance to show his stuff as singer. Malcom & Angus hired him after granting him his wishes. A man of the name Dave Evans was AC/DC's first singer.

As for the material the Dragon Suit was made out of... I have no idea. Sorry... I'm a loser :(

Here's another question for you. What do these symbols stand for? (If I did the picture right)LedZeppelin-Symbols.jpg

02-22-2005, 09:07 PM
the pic doesnt work:(

Jekyl_22
02-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Ok... scrap the picture idea.

Here's an easier one. What guitar did Jimmy Page make famous?

And I've never heard of 311.... thanks... I'll have to check em out.

zephead400ex
03-02-2005, 09:53 AM
The Gods have spoken!:D Looks like I'm taking home the Grand Prizehttp://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Smilies/woohoo.gif

The dragon suit was made by a women from L.A named Coco. Page wanted the astrological symbols: Capricorn, Scorpio rising, and Cancer. After she had made the suit, Page asked for her to make the white suit with poppy on it. He would wear the the black suit one night and the white suit the next. He still has both of the suits.

Heres a little dragon suit action:
http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Zep/jimmy3.gif

Poppy suit:
http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Zep/jpage77-01.jpg

ledofthezep
03-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Haha! Right on bro!http://www.kcisp.net/~bking/smilies/headbanging.gif

Bush0102
03-02-2005, 01:26 PM
through the years, how many people have officially been a member of Lynyrd Skynyrd?

(hint- it's more than 20)

blackraptor16
03-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Darn! I knew it was Dave Evans!!!

blackraptor16
03-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Where did Lynyrd Skynyrd get their name?

03-02-2005, 04:35 PM
where did Jethro Tull get their name?

btw, Jethro tull is one of the best bands ever.

blackraptor16
03-02-2005, 04:37 PM
The original Jethro Tull was an 18th century agriculturalist

brian-250
03-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Q: what was metalicas first big hit?

:D

Bush0102
03-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by blackraptor16
Where did Lynyrd Skynyrd get their name?

it was the gym teacher that antagonized ronnie and the boys in high school...they were playing at a party one night and ronnie yelled out that the band name was leonard skinner, and the crowd had a great reaction to it, so the name stuck.

no one has answered my question about how many members have played in the band over the years

trick450r
03-02-2005, 06:08 PM
lol this is the easiest one yet....how did led zepplin get their name?....very simple

FoxRacing81
03-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
lol this is the easiest one yet....how did led zepplin get their name?....very simple

i believe a recording studio told them they wouldnt be good and be as bad as lead zeppelins? thats wat i heard or soemthign like that

FoxRacing81
03-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Who was the original bass player for Metallica? (super easy if you follow metallica at all)

Jay99400ex
03-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Cliff burton, what country did he die in?

Bush0102
03-02-2005, 08:32 PM
was it norway or sweeden?

KFX21
03-03-2005, 04:28 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by brian-250
[B]Q: what was metalicas first big hit?

I beleive there 1st big public hit was One. Couple questions

What was the original name for their Ride the lightning album?
Who was their original guitarist?
What band did Jason Newsted come from?
Who taught Kirk Hammett to play his guitar?

FoxRacing81
03-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by KFX21

Dave Mustaine.

zephead400ex
03-03-2005, 08:08 AM

haha...I shouldn't even answer this! I know who made Jimmy Page's dragon suit and you ask this questins, haha, I'm just giving you sh*t bro!

Led Zeppelin go their name from Keith Moon, drummer for The Who. He said that the band would go over like a "lead zeppelin," hence, Led Zeppelin:D

shogun_98
03-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Jimmy Page made the Gibson Les Paul guitar famous

Heres one why did Hendrix play his guitar upside down?

zephead400ex
03-03-2005, 08:50 AM
Hendrix was left handed.

Has anyone ever heard of the Red Snapper incident?...haha, we probably can't discuss that one here!:D

blackraptor16
03-03-2005, 11:40 AM

The new band that former Yardbird Jimmy Page was putting together with John Paul Jones was going to be called The New Yardbirds. Keith Moon of The Who commented, “that’ll go over like a lead zeppelin.”

zephead400ex
03-03-2005, 11:52 AM
No, actually Led Zeppelin originally started out as The New Yardbirds. Page and Jones played together on during a few session gigs and was the first member to joing the band when asked by Page. Page saw Plant playing at a small pub and like the sound of Plant's voice. Page asked Plant to joing The New Yardbirds. Plant agreed and recommened Bonham who had played w/ Plant in the Band Of Joy. And rest rest is history!:D

ledofthezep
03-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Hendrix was left handed.
And...played a right handed guitar, upside down.:eek2:

Red Snapper:eek:

blackraptor16
03-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
No, actually Led Zeppelin originally started out as The New Yardbirds. Page and Jones played together on during a few session gigs and was the first member to joing the band when asked by Page. Page saw Plant playing at a small pub and like the sound of Plant's voice. Page asked Plant to joing The New Yardbirds. Plant agreed and recommened Bonham who had played w/ Plant in the Band Of Joy. And rest rest is history!:D

yes, ok so i was close. sort of. but the question was - how did they get their name?

Matt37
03-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Has anyone ever heard of the Red Snapper incident?...haha, we probably can't discuss that one here!

:eek2: Yes i have heard of it and i dont think we should discuss it on here either. That is gross kinda shows how much groupies would do to "get with" the band.

zephead400ex
03-03-2005, 02:11 PM
yes, ok so i was close. sort of. but the question was - how did they get their name?

I wasn't bashing you, hell, I think it's sexy when a chick knows her Zeppelin, haha!

And yes the red snapper incident...nothing like catching a snapper out of your hotel window then using it later!:D

...you smell like....fish:blah:

Bush0102
03-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
:eek2: Yes i have heard of it and i dont think we should discuss it on here either. That is gross kinda shows how much groupies would do to "get with" the band.

nevermind i read it

blackraptor16
03-03-2005, 04:40 PM
I wasn't bashing you, hell, I think it's sexy when a chick knows her Zeppelin, haha!

Don't worry - didn't think you were. I know lots of "useless" (some might think its useless, I suppose) triva about many bands. My father was ever the School of Rock professor. We used to play a game. Everytime a song came on the radio, whoever blurted out the artist first won. If I didn't know the artist, my dad would tell me, and proceed to tell me all about the band, singer, etc. Honestly, what 5 year old knows Stings real name is Gordon Sumner? and that Led Zeppelin wasn't a person, but a band?

Big400EX
03-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Anyone into Hip Hop?

wvspeedfreak
03-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by KFX21

I beleive there 1st big public hit was One. Couple questions

What was the original name for their Ride the lightning album?
What band did Jason Newsted come from?
Who taught Kirk Hammett to play his guitar?
Jason Newsted was originally in the band Flotsam&Jetsom

FoxRacing81
03-03-2005, 05:47 PM
here i got all sorts of questions.

Why did Pantera split up?
What band did Pantera's lead singer go to, and who was the lead singer?

What is Dimebag Darrels Real name?

What song am I listening to right now? (take a wild guess!!)

What band does Dave Mustaine play for now?

Where did Hendrix have his first Music Success?

What was the name of Jimi Hendrix's first band ever?

hmm that's enough for now.

honda350r
03-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Jekyl_22
Very good guess.... but Bon Scott was not AC/DC's original member. His hiring is slightly distorted, but most believe that after seeing AC/DC in concert, Bon requested a chance to show his stuff as singer. Malcom & Angus hired him after granting him his wishes.

Bon Scott worked for the band and was their chauffeur !! They were on their way to firing Dave Evans and Bon jumped at the chance to sing for the band !

zephead400ex
03-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Don't worry - didn't think you were. I know lots of "useless" (some might think its useless, I suppose) triva about many bands. My father was ever the School of Rock professor. We used to play a game. Everytime a song came on the radio, whoever blurted out the artist first won. If I didn't know the artist, my dad would tell me, and proceed to tell me all about the band, singer, etc. Honestly, what 5 year old knows Stings real name is Gordon Sumner? and that Led Zeppelin wasn't a person, but a band?

haha, right on! And it's not useless either! My kid's are going to be raised the same way:D You dad sounds like a cool mofo!http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Smilies/jamn.gif

Scott-300ex
03-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Pantera split up because dimebag died, and they thought they were old news and decided to split up, i think

The singer and drummer Vinnie Paul, went to Damage Plan

Are you listening to 5 minutes alone?

my favorite bands are

Mushroomhead
Slipknot
Mudvayne
Fear Factory
Lamb of God

FoxRacing81
03-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Pantera split up because dimebag died, and they thought they were old news and decided to split up, i think

The singer and drummer Vinnie Paul, went to Damage Plan

Are you listening to 5 minutes alone?

my favorite bands are

Mushroomhead
Slipknot
Mudvayne
Fear Factory
Lamb of God

Nah, your close though.

The lead singer, Phil Anselmo, was pissed off on the road one time when Dime was trying to support another band. Phil didn't like it, so they split.

Actually, it was Vinnie Paul and Dimebag who went to Damage Plan because they we're both brothers. Dimebag just died last year I can't remember the date, but I was devistated.
Phil now sings for Superjoint Ritual.

So close on what I was listening to. Same album, but I was listening to I'm Broken. Damn you we're close too.

zephead400ex
03-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Phil is an A-HOLE, period!

FoxRacing81
03-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Phil is an A-HOLE, period!

Agreed.

Scott-300ex
03-04-2005, 04:30 PM
I am a girl and I am on my period!

:eek:

Scott-300ex
03-04-2005, 04:33 PM
im listening to Walk by Pantera right now

lol

brian-250
03-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by MX610EX
here i got all sorts of questions.

Why did Pantera split up?
What band did Pantera's lead singer go to, and who was the lead singer?

What is Dimebag Darrels Real name?

What song am I listening to right now? (take a wild guess!!)

What band does Dave Mustaine play for now?

Where did Hendrix have his first Music Success?

What was the name of Jimi Hendrix's first band ever?

hmm that's enough for now.

#1. went to damage plan and his name was dimebag darrel

#2.?????

#3. something by elton john that goes, "puppy dogs and humming birds.......":eek2:

FoxRacing81
03-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
#1. went to damage plan and his name was dimebag darrel

#2.?????

#3. something by elton john that goes, "puppy dogs and humming birds.......":eek2:

lmfao