PDA

View Full Version : Lubricants

250R-Dee
02-21-2005, 10:07 PM
What lubricants are you guys using?

The previoius owner of my motor used HP2 2-stroke with atleast 96 octane mixed at 40:1 and 20w-50 in the tranny. He said he also used a 50/50 water/coolant mix in the radiator.

I am planning to use the same premix setup with 100RON(95 octane US) but I am looking for opinions on the gearbox oil since he said he installed a Barnett clutch setup. I also plan to use the same Japanese premixed coolant that I use in my Turbo charged Honda integra:D

Oh yeah, I have seen many people on Ebay that offered Hinson type Quick change clutch housings for the right side case. Is there anybody you guys suggest because I have an extra case housing that I am willing to send off for modification.

My beast will make it's maiden voyage saturday if the weather permits. I have no desire whatsoever to try to rejet a new setup while riding in the slush :(

zedicus00
02-22-2005, 07:25 AM
golden spectro in the gas. for the tranny i run bel ray gear saver 85w. for the coolant 50/50 is fine but make sure it is silicate free or u will destroy the water pump. that bright orange dexcool stuff works good or the dark red toyota coolant works good.

sharkinthepool
02-22-2005, 07:32 AM
well we have some KY but she prefers Astroglide:D or natural:devil:

JTRtrx250r
02-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by sharkinthepool
well we have some KY but she prefers Astoglide:D or natural:devil: LMFAO!!!:D

250R-Dee
02-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Slick50 works great but she had a vicious time getting rid of the petroleum product smell:devil:

sharkinthepool
02-22-2005, 08:29 AM
HAHA:D LMGDFAO!!! Just could not resist!

lisnup65
02-22-2005, 10:33 AM
I am a little late into this thread, but I am sold on Blue Marble oil. I have been running it for the past 1.5-2 years in everything 2 stroke that I have with great success.
If you do not know about this oil, you should really check it out. You get next to zero smoke once the machine is started and warm. The thumper riders have thanked me for the switch as they are almost always behind me when we ride.

http://www.envirofuelslp.com/

Links to articles about the awesome stuff.
http://www.envirofuelslp.com/Consumer/articles.asp

If interested, a link to a great guy who offers the products.
http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/bmoils/

Check out the piston and head after 100 hours of use located on ^ that page.

I have been running this at 50:1 and everything seems to run so much better. I have yet to foul a plug, except in my Blaster that is still at the 20:1 or whatever factory injection. It was ideling for over 10 minutes while I was rearranging the garage.

I will NEVER run another 2 stroke oil!!!!!!

Knips178
02-22-2005, 03:15 PM
so lisnup, what do you really think about that oil?

Didn't know this thread turned into a commersial for envirosmokefreeoil

zedicus00
02-22-2005, 03:21 PM
no kiddin ive never even heard of that stuff and then this commercial gets posted??

SnowRacerX
02-22-2005, 03:37 PM
That bluemarble stuff is crap i used it in my snowmobile and my power vavles were sticking after 500 miles.

I stick with Amsoil or Klotz

lisnup65
02-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Sorry!!!!:confused:

I am not affiliated in any way with the company or Tim that offers it to those who dont have a dealer in the area.

I just found it one day, tried it, and I will never look back!!! Oh yeah, I was an Amsoil dealer when I found it.

Again sorry, just trying to share info with those who have not had the chance to learn about it.

250R-Dee
02-23-2005, 01:07 AM
I guess you didn't notice that I said I am planning to continue using HP2 for my pre-mix. If I do change I will get one of the Japanese synthetic 2 stroke oils that are readily available over here and allow for a 50:1 mixtures with 95 octane :eek2: .

One more time ----> NO BLUE MARBLE FOR ME!! Yes, I do have experience with that oil but this motor runs sweet with HP2 at 40:1 so I see no reason to change the equation.

I am mainly looking to see which viscositiies you guys are running in your trannies and which mixture you are running in your radiators.

catch22blaster
02-23-2005, 07:21 AM
silkolene

edz250r
02-23-2005, 12:35 PM
I just stick to HP1 at 32:1 myself.

250R-Dee
02-23-2005, 05:04 PM
ummmm... I am set on my premix oil and ratio. I am mainly looking to see what oils are being used with aftermarket clutch packs for the gear box.

mihulka3
04-14-2005, 09:09 AM
I just read up on Blue Marble oil and will give it a try. The main reason is it's Bio-degradable and leaves virtually no slick in the water. If you accidentally spill this into a river, lake or pond it will not kill all the marine life or if you are a dumb *** and dump it down a sewer drain it won't be anywhere near as damaging to the water treatment plant filter system or the environment . I realize this is an ATV forum but just a suggestion to all of you who like 2-strokes. My Kawasaki TS-650 smokes and leaves an oily film on the water as most 2-strokes do. Blue Marble is a highly refined mineral oil that is supposed to eliminate or greatly reduce this problem. I realize this is not a big an issue for land based ATV'rs but we all use weedeasters and the like. Petroleum based products have really screwed up our environment over the years and we all should all support companies that are tring to do the right thing. I'm going to buy a gallon and use it in my snowblower,weedeater, chainsaw and Jetski.

bcox
04-18-2005, 09:24 AM
Klotz super techniplate used this oil in quads and sleds for 15 years and i'm riding when my friends are rebuilding their top end!!!

beerock
04-18-2005, 07:48 PM
lucas 85w-90 synthetic gear oil...........

I may be switching to amsoil 85w-90 tranny oil..

if you us ATF you need to change it every ride.......