PDA

View Full Version : 02 canniball?

HiperEX
02-21-2005, 09:01 PM
There is a dealer near me that just recently got a 02 dale in with fresh rebuilt motor, plastics are faded but everything esle seems good, they asking under 3grand , is there a way i can tell if it had updates? and how is the maintence on these, same as a yfz and 450r?

kevin00
02-21-2005, 09:07 PM
almost all dales should get a full motor teardown when purchased.
only way to tell if it has updates like the stage 8 is to open up the motor.
upkeep is way way more involved. oil needs changing constantly.
if you dont like working on your quad I would get something else. this is NOT a gas and go machine.

HiperEX
02-21-2005, 09:09 PM
ok thanks ill keep my mind on the yfz still

CannondaleRider
02-21-2005, 11:07 PM
They are AWSOME bikes though

Exhaust and Moto/Speed map or something, it will most likely beat a piped YFZ

Yes, they have there problems, but there easy to update. And if you think parts are hard to get for them, your wrong, its easy to get parts.

I would buy that bike over a YFZ anyday

Go to Cannondaleriders.com (http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb) for more info, and to learn about the updates

:D

C41Xracer
02-22-2005, 03:28 AM
i would get the dale if i were you, ive owned and rode some fast quads including a crf450 and yz426 hybrids.The dale is a work of art, good handling and fast as hell.

bradley300
02-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by kevin00
oil needs changing constantly.

then again, oil will also need changed constantly on a yfz or 450r, NO race bike is a gas and go bike

HiperEX
02-22-2005, 02:33 PM
ok thanks guys i feel more confident about the dale, but i dont want to have to go through all teh troubles with it, they run on 87-93 octane gas right? if only i had my sled sold id have it right now

CannondaleRider
02-22-2005, 06:56 PM
you might wanna get the highest octane you can, VP C12 isn't required or anything, but....you know

Have a SMALL airport near you? Av is 100 Octane

armoks
02-22-2005, 07:42 PM
try to PM a guy named Wistech on c-daleriders he may be close enough to you to go look at it with you, he knows his stuff about them:D

armoks
02-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
you might wanna get the highest octane you can, VP C12 isn't required or anything, but....you know

Have a SMALL airport near you? Av is 100 Octane

I run sunoco 94 in mine but cannondale was gettting the best HP numbers off of 87 octaine there is no need to run race gas in these motors!

armoks
02-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Find out if its a cable clutch or hydrolic, look at the front of the motor there should be a solid piece of stock in between the two tabs on the front of the motor if its blank it needs a motor mount update,

to see if there is a stage 8 kit done you can tilt the quad and pull the clutch cover you should be able to see at least one of the bolts on the left side of the clutch if its an allen head, a bolt, or a nut on stud it doesn't have the stage 8. a nut on a stud isn't bad but the stage 8 is better.

find out WHO rebuilt the motor there are only a few people out there that i would let touch these motors because there are some shady people out there like a guy named Winky.

you can call me at any time and I'll help you on any questions you may have. I'll PM you my cell #

CannondaleRider
02-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Winky:rolleyes:

:p

quadman22
02-23-2005, 10:14 PM
i just traded my 400ex for a C-DALE... all i can say is :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: holy $hit!!! thing rips. Cant wait for the new MX season to start now. I have all the updates done so i feel comfortable with it. I love it! best thing i ever did:D