PDA

View Full Version : lrd full exhaust

6858-400ex
02-21-2005, 08:25 PM
what is ur opinion on this pipe full exhaust for 400ex that is stock

BLEEDRED
02-21-2005, 08:49 PM
I can't offer much, but I have heard that it is a very loud pipe.

I'm sure most people won't agree but IMO the stock header on a stock 400EX makes good power. I can't see how you would gain much with a full system. Now if you are getting into seroius engine mods, a full system is a must. But for now, save your money and go with a slip on exhaust.

JDiablo
02-21-2005, 08:57 PM
i've heard from numerous people on here that they are made like chit and starts to break after awhile,ill look into sparks or HMF as well ;)

cals400ex
02-22-2005, 02:50 AM
i have been told their previous models did break but the pro 4 was much better quality. i don't have it, that is just word of mouth. i honestly read enough good stuff about it that i wouldn't mind trying it out.

i have told this story a few times and i will tell it again. my buddy ran a mild 10:1 wiseco 406 with a stage 2 hotcam. he was running a jetted stock carb and a stock header with the welds grinded out and a slip on silencer. his bike was an absolute terd and we didn't know why. he wouldn't even have a prayer with my bike or my buddies 416. i finally talked him into getting a full hmf that i found for sale. he put that thing on and it was amazing how that bike ran. that little 406 was damn near as quick as my buddies 416 and my 426. i would say the gain was equivalent to him adding the piston and cam. now, on a stock bike i can't see that doing nearly as much but it has to help. this is just my experience but the decision is yours.

gagne736
02-22-2005, 04:03 PM
i have a full lrd exaust on my r and i would suggest that you go with it. but it does make a lot of noise.

Ridin' Jesse
02-22-2005, 04:20 PM
I think ima be getting one also..the full system for my 450R..only things i have heard is that the logo washes off after a while, but ive seen them w/o the logo n they look pretty good still

gagne736
02-22-2005, 06:13 PM
ive had mine for like 2 years and the logo is still perfect

flyingbyfast400
02-23-2005, 05:44 AM
I love mine. Its been holding up great... but if sound is going to be a prob. then dont get this pipe. its very loud and puts out a killer bark. But over all if I had to do over agin. lrd it would be

JDiablo
02-23-2005, 11:39 AM
i guess it was the older models because i havent heard any problems with the new one,i also heard from a couple people including pappy that they are the best sounding pipe..that gotta be good

aviator4
02-23-2005, 12:17 PM
I have an LRD full exhaust on my quad. I've had it for about 2 years now and love it. When it comes time to replace it I will probably go with a Sparks pipe, but that won't be for a LONG time.

I haven't had any problems with my pipe. I don't konw if I've just been lucky or what, but it hasn't given me a lick of trouble and I ride the piss out of my quad. Most of my riding is on the sand, and it's usually as fast as I can go for as long as I can. Lots of dune climbing and hard trail riding too. I haven't had a single problem one. I would think that if one of these pipes was going to fall apart, it would have been on the sand.

just MO