PDA

View Full Version : 450r width

infinite
02-21-2005, 08:01 PM
ok boyz and girlz i need some info. i got a x-33 durablue axle in back and burgard +2 in front. my question to u guys is i thought the front end was suppost to be alittle wider then the back. but in this case it isnt the front measures 47 inchs from end of tire to end of tire and the rear end measures 49 inchs end of tire to end of tire. is thise right? cause i cant adjust the front arms out and further but i can bring the rear hubs in but if i were to do that it will bring them in 2 inchs on each side which would make it 45 inchs in total width. please give me any suggestions will help alot.

drthrottle
02-21-2005, 09:19 PM
what's the offset on the wheels you are running front & back? What kind of riding/racing are you doing?

National#6
02-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Are you measuring the front width with weight on the machine, the more your shocks compress the wider your front end will be.

infinite
02-21-2005, 10:36 PM
well the off set in front is 3+2 hipers and the back is 5+4 as for riding i ride all different styles but mostly mx what do u think the deal is it should be equal all the way around right?

drthrottle
02-22-2005, 06:16 AM
national is right it will make a little difference but not much, not 2 inches. I would have thought the +2 a-arms and 3+2 offset would have your front wider than 47, +2 eyeballs and hiper 3+2 made my front 50". Coinicidence: i also had an x-33 but w/itp 5+3 on my 450 and it was 49 1/2. Ideal setup is the same width front and back, but I've run differing widths between the two out of necessity w/o crazy results. But IMO the wider the better. This is not a sale pitch, but I have a set of spacers that will make your front 50" i'll sell you cheap. good luck