PDA

View Full Version : 300ex Needle

Tortured Z
02-21-2005, 02:55 PM
I have done a search and didn't find an answer.

With that said does a 2001 300ex come with an adjustable needle or do I have to buy an after market needle? I would like to find out before I tear into the carb.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

hardkoratvmxr
02-21-2005, 03:21 PM
it is adjustable i just finished doing mine 2 seconds ago

tolson
02-21-2005, 04:13 PM
open of the top of carb, triangle plate. (3 screws) look in the barrel. you will see a screw on the arm. remove it. pull the spring off the arm. pull the whole barrel out. see the needle. take out the 2 screws at the bottom, holding the needle. move the clip where you want. reverse install.
best bet is to take the carb off and put in on the bench. this kind of a pain in the *** to put the spring back on the arm. take your time taking it apart and have some small needle nose and screw drivers.

have fun!

Tortured Z
02-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys, gonna start on it now.

redrunner
02-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by tolson
open of the top of carb, triangle plate. (3 screws) look in the barrel. you will see a screw on the arm. remove it. pull the spring off the arm. pull the whole barrel out. see the needle. take out the 2 screws at the bottom, holding the needle. move the clip where you want. reverse install.
best bet is to take the carb off and put in on the bench. this kind of a pain in the *** to put the spring back on the arm. take your time taking it apart and have some small needle nose and screw drivers.

have fun!

Yup what he said. Take it off.