PDA

View Full Version : auto clutch for 450r

jwick07
02-21-2005, 02:19 PM
I want to know the ups and downs of installing an auto clutch,
also can I use the stock basket and plates,
how it works
Really I want to know everything about this I can, Im going to be racing a supercross series this year for the first time full time not just one or two events a year. But I also like to go and just play around on my quad and rec and dune ride. Would the auto clutch be good for this all these applications.

Thanks for any info.

Jess

beak7707
02-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Some people love them some people hate them. I would say its rider preference. As for the basket I think if any serious racing is involved you will want to get a hinson basket. I have heard some talk about them not being good for the tranny but havent seen any proof of this. Pappy and some other people on the site absolutley love them, and they know their stuff. I'm sure somebody who is running one will have more detailed info.

harescrambler45
02-21-2005, 04:50 PM
we race 4 of them all with the rekluse clutch and stock basket.and the perch adj. is a must also.its all in the install and setup.i personally didnt do it but we have not had any trouble from them.

atcguy
05-08-2005, 05:30 PM
The install took about an hour, I went slow the first time making sure it was all right on. I must say from an old motocross pro, who thought automatic clutch!!! its so nice in the tight slow and great everywhere else.. :D

05-08-2005, 05:37 PM
its all about rider preference, i dont use it, i rode a bike with it, it hooks up great and everything, i just dont think its for me