PDA

View Full Version : Motor shutting off

416HiRoller
02-21-2005, 12:18 PM
I went out to start my 416 today and when I did it had trouble idling and it shut off. When it shut off there was a loud clicking noise that came from under the seat. I took the seat off and started it again. I reved it a little and it felt like the motor was running hot (when I put my leg on the nerf bar I could feel it) and it was spuddering and backfiring and I haven't run it at all today. When I went to let it idle again, it did the same thing and the loud clicking noise came from the air filter. I have no clue what it could be because two weekends ago when I ran it last, it ran perfectly fine.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong.

blue416ex
02-21-2005, 02:02 PM
did the temp drastically change ? could be your jetting is your choke on its s common thing ( i did it once ) lol other than that i have no clu what that could be now im interested to see what it is that is wrong :confused:

416HiRoller
02-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Well I went back out about an hour or so later and started it up and it ran fine. I think it was just coughing from not being started in two weeks. And yea the choke was on but that was the only way it would start which was kind of wierd because since I've had it, I haven't had to use the choke. Oh well it ran fine and I rode for the better part of the day. But that might have been the problem since I don't usually use the choke.