PDA

View Full Version : XC Racing

nwi45
02-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Are there any XC tracks located in the Midwest that are more wide open, not so narrow and tight? I race MX, but have always been interested in trying out an XC race. Thanks.

beak7707
02-21-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure where you live in Indiana, but I live close to terre Haute. I race at Casey IL its about an hour from me, its a good course. Not very tight and run on the MX track sometimes. Look up the AMA distric 15 tracks, thats IN's XC distric. They have a few races in culver, columbus, and a couple other spots. Most of the distric 15 races are up North if thats closer to you.

nwi45
02-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Have you ever been to Cannonball in Crawfordsville? My bro goes to school at Wabash in Crawfordsville and were always down there.

I will be racing Casey MX, didn't know they had an XC track thanks.

GNCCracr
02-21-2005, 06:42 PM
You will have a hard time running a XC at Casey with a full blown MX set up. The trails do have some wide open field sections, but also have some very tight wood sections too. If your going to run a XC at Casey on a MX set up, make sure it is a GP harescramble. They are set up wider and alot more open, and run the MX track as part of the course as well. I run a GNCC XC setup, and there have been regular harescrambles there that I have had to squeeze thru the trees before. Just my 2 cents. Another thought is to go run a GNCC. They are not what I would call tight compared to some local harescrambles or midsouths that I have been to.

badass250r
02-21-2005, 07:36 PM
baja:D

QUADROOKIE
02-21-2005, 09:01 PM
It would be a drive, but heres where ya need to race!!!:D

www.iatvhss.com

RobZ_450R
02-24-2005, 09:54 AM
Here is a good series that has a couple of more wide open tracks with some MX involved as well:

http://www.unitedoffroadracing.com/

47501exracer
02-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by GNCCracr
You will have a hard time running a XC at Casey with a full blown MX set up. The trails do have some wide open field sections, but also have some very tight wood sections too. If your going to run a XC at Casey on a MX set up, make sure it is a GP harescramble. They are set up wider and alot more open, and run the MX track as part of the course as well. I run a GNCC XC setup, and there have been regular harescrambles there that I have had to squeeze thru the trees before. Just my 2 cents. Another thought is to go run a GNCC. They are not what I would call tight compared to some local harescrambles or midsouths that I have been to.

Welcome to atvriders Darrel.

bone705
02-24-2005, 08:18 PM
oh i just noticed you are a member darrel. this is justin, shaffs friend who races the R. you going to be back at casey for another season? hopefully they will have there act together and get some races on time.

GNCCracr
02-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey Justin,,, I will probably run some casey for fun and practice. But I am mainly going to run GNCC and the Maxxis 12 hour, and some of the Maxxis 6 hour events. I am kicking it around on running the OMA series as well. We'll just have to see. I am going to the midsouth in Tn. on Sunday, if you are looking for a race

studly472
02-27-2005, 11:39 PM
where is cannonball at in crawfordsville?