PDA

View Full Version : 300ex , wow...

Dave300ex
02-20-2005, 08:23 PM
1995 300ex, bought bike seemed to run okay but was cutting out had a pipe on it wasnt sure what it was when i got it found out later it was the cheapest cobra, So i jet the bike. still had a cutt out really bad,so did timing, timing chain, checked hole top end, put it back to gether ran a little better, still has cutt out about 75% throttle. ither all out to a certain point or nothing it seems. cleaned air filter new spark plug. still cutts out, this was about 2-3 months ago so i got tired of messing with it and let her go. so i go out and start it up the other day started okay. but seen that when i got on the throttle al ittle bit the reverese light would flicker right when it starts cutting out, so i jiggle the wires a tad seemed to help a little but can still see the light flicker. so i pull wires off and seems the reverese switch is busted a little so i orderd me one, *currently waiting for it to arive* , but KNEW problem Turn the head lights on it DIES, the neutral light goes out, turn the lights off the grene light comes back on. start it up and it does it again. lol did it again and the lights finally come on and the quad stays runing. I know its a electrical short * duh* but where? and any input on the other problems? * remeber i have checked jetting over and over done it by the book spark plug looks fine Fresh gas air/fuel is adjusted clean air filter.

2muchquad
02-21-2005, 11:18 AM
make sure you have a good ground,physically remove it and sand the point of contact.also sounds like your coil could be faulty.they can start fine but cut out at a higher rpm when theyre bad.try a known good one,ohmmeter readings are pretty useless