PDA

View Full Version : ride review

Kennethyfz450
02-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Hey Bill,
next time you go to Land Between the lakes let someone know! I was not expecting to run into anyone off exriders in kentucky! ;) I really didnt expect to see a polaris towing a" R"!!:blah: :blah:
(he just ran out of gas) `it's one of the nicest R's i ever seen in person`

anyhow I got 25 miles of trail time (according to a polaris)with the pulse charger, and i believe it impoved my top end a bunch over the lrd. It seemed to keep pulling and never fall off the powerband like the Lrd. But i noticed a little less of a low end punch which is what i'm after. I want something thats going to hit hard, rev quick, and have more power than i need to climb hills..

Bill got a chance to ride my bike, and suggested a lot of things to me like Elka's, steering stablizer, honda swinger....:p trying to get me to spend more money than i want to on my yfz..:eek: , but like i told him i like hill climbing and i dont need all that stuff on my bike..sadly, he got me thinking about the steering stablizer:( , looks like i am about to spend more money:eek2:

so what did you think about the pulse charger??

Bill Fuller
02-24-2005, 05:54 PM
I rode Kennethyfz450's quad last Saturday.It seems that a riding buddy of mine forgot to fill up with gas before the ride:ermm: Anyway,after talking with Kenneth about the Pulse Charger exhaust system I was talked into testing it out.At first we started both quads(mine and his)and found that the Pulse Charger did sound quieter then my full HMF with QuietCore insert.I really liked the sound it produced alot deeper than the HMF.I can't give an honest evaluation of my ride though due to some other issues with the bike.The terrain at LBL is rough to say the least and with stock shocks and no steering dampener I was unable to open the engine up.I will say that the engine was quick to respond and seemed to have a smooth power band.Also the machine had the cam mod(I run stock) with a -4oz. flywheel and a Ron Woods intake.SO without riding stock for stock or riding my own machine with one it would be hard for me to reccommend the pipe.I was a bit supprised at the cost:eek2: around $600.I am in no way downing Kenneths ride at all,we just have different riding styles and our machines are setup repectfully.I am very curious to see some sound checks with the Pulse Charger.

Kennethyfz450
02-24-2005, 06:14 PM
Sorry about that I forgot to mention I had a trail tech -4 flywheel I might be swapping for a -6 tt flywheel:devil: ..

Bill, when are you going back to LBL next time I show up I may have the crower cam... I believe my yfz is getting a little old. I believe a Cp piston and maybe an intake cam with better jetting my quad would run great.

Also Harlen is going to recieve the Pulse Charger in 3 Weeks, and I guess he will do a full ride review and give his own .02 cents..

pappy is also welcome to do a review over the Pulse charger. (just ask)

I was one of the lucky people that got to test the Pulse charger and really like it. I feel like i should whore my bike out to strangers to gather different opinions from different riders to share with all of ya'll... So far I only got one negative review just because of how it looks. (im sure other people thinks it look bad, but they usually dont tell me) i guess they dont want to hurt my feelings ;) :D :D :p

Kennethyfz450
02-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
I rode Kennethyfz450's quad last Saturday. I can't give an honest evaluation of my ride though due to some other issues with the bike.The terrain at LBL is rough to say the least and with stock shocks and no steering dampener I was unable to open the engine upI will say that the engine was quick to respond and seemed to have a smooth power band.Also the machine had the cam mod(I run stock) with a -4oz. flywheel and a Ron Woods intake.SO without riding stock for stock or riding my own machine with one it would be hard for me to reccommend the pipe.I was a bit supprised at the cost:eek2: around $600.I am in no way downing Kenneths ride at all,we just have different riding styles and our machines are setup repectfully.I am very curious to see some sound checks with the Pulse Charger.

Saying my bike dont ride good enough for you?? Well maybe I should of BougHt a

Honda

J/k

Pappy
02-24-2005, 06:55 PM
you let bill ride your quad:eek: :blah:

id be happy to throw one on our yfz and return it when you want it back. thats what we are here for:D

Kennethyfz450
02-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Give me your contact info I will send it to you, and when your finished you can send it to Harlen. I just want it back once you and harlan use and abuse it..

You think you could powdercoat small items on my yfz :D j/k man unless you wanna :p

Pappy
02-24-2005, 07:59 PM
pm sent

if you need some small stuff done ill help you out. this time of year starts getting slow so i have time to goof a bit:p