PDA

View Full Version : Which one

Sc_Wrestler
02-20-2005, 02:57 PM
I would like to know which utility quad me and my dad should get...

We have a z400b(mine) and he cant choose between Kaw prairie 700 (likes straight rear axle)

Also other options king quad, rincon, brute force, and grizzley

lets see what u think...

gyt-r450
02-20-2005, 04:39 PM
king quad:blah:

Sc_Wrestler
02-20-2005, 04:55 PM
yeah kingquad is single cylinder and the kaws are v twins...which are better twins or singles

Ken Robey
02-21-2005, 11:42 AM
i just happen to own both the King quad and a Prairie. Both ar excellent machines. The V-twin of the prairie has excellent low end torque and handles well. The King quad doesn't have the low end but gains it in top end, it also has a far more superior ride with the Independent suspension on all four wheels. It all depends on what you are looking for. Power and torque, go with the prairie, but if you what the best of both worlds, go with the king quad, you will be amazed.

YFZ450Ridr
02-21-2005, 01:39 PM
my uncle has a grizzley 660. its a beast. it is very comfy because of the indepent suspension all the way around. we havent found one thing that it will not climb or go threw. very reliable and powerful. cant go wrong with one.

Sc_Wrestler
02-21-2005, 03:34 PM
hmm dont u guiys thought of this....

with full independent supspension...and u on the side of a hill sideways....and its steep...u get alot of leaning and body roll

Ken Robey
02-21-2005, 06:43 PM
the king quad is no where near as top heavy as the grizzly. It is actually 1 inch lower than the prairie. As far as rolling on the hills sideways, it doesn't lean hardly at all. Ride one hard and fast, you will be amazed.

Sc_Wrestler
02-22-2005, 07:38 AM
thats the thing i have ridden a prarie but not a king quad....

So i dont know.....cant judge a book by its cover i guess

chevy19
03-17-2005, 07:37 PM
just get a kick *** prairie 650 with the straight axel and u will have no problems like body roll on the polaris sportsman 700 this is a serious quad for sport and carzzy mud. EHY DO THEY PUT STRAIGHT AXELS ON SPORT QUADS TO JUMP THATS WHY THEY ARE BETTER!

YFZ450Ridr
03-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by chevy19
just get a kick *** prairie 650 with the straight axel and u will have no problems like body roll on the polaris sportsman 700 this is a serious quad for sport and carzzy mud. EHY DO THEY PUT STRAIGHT AXELS ON SPORT QUADS TO JUMP THATS WHY THEY ARE BETTER!

no you are wrong, they put straight axles on sport quads because it is chain driven and the chain drive is more effiecient and you do not loose as much power with chain drive as you do with shaft drive. simply because in a shaft driven rear end, there are alot more moving parts and it creates more friction between them and you loose power.

Ken Robey
03-22-2005, 02:06 PM
That is absolutely correct on the power loss, not exact but I think it may be 20%.