PDA

View Full Version : Finding Older Car Parts

Toadz400
02-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Anyone know of any good websites to find older car rebuild kits or anything like that?

I need to rebuild my 1987 Subaru GL 4WD Hatchback but I have had no luck finding any places that sell rebuild kits. Just basic little things.

Scott-300ex
02-20-2005, 06:31 PM
get a year one catalog

look in summit or jegs for your needs that will fit

also, some companies specialize in certian makes, like dearborn for older fords and lmc for old ford trucks.

look on google or somethin for a company you can get everything from

Toadz400
02-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
get a year one catalog

look in summit or jegs for your needs that will fit

also, some companies specialize in certian makes, like dearborn for older fords and lmc for old ford trucks.

look on google or somethin for a company you can get everything from

That's the problem, I've already checked all over the internet and I've checked Summit (but not Jegs yet) and no one sells parts like a rebuild for any of the older Subaru's, at least the model I need.

Scott-300ex
02-20-2005, 07:43 PM
DEAL works at a subaru shop, i'll ask him to take a look

i heard a joke in the car related joke thread

SUBARU spelt backwards is URABUS

for the stupid people YOU ARE A BUS

DEAL
02-20-2005, 07:47 PM
I'll see if I can find anything out tomorrow .. you don't see many older subarus around here because the winter chews them up pretty quickly.
If the motors are the same as the loyale .. then I can probably find something without a problem.

Toadz400
02-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
I'll see if I can find anything out tomorrow .. you don't see many older subarus around here because the winter chews them up pretty quickly.
If the motors are the same as the loyale .. then I can probably find something without a problem.

Yea I don't know if they are the same engines, it's a carb engine, not FI. I'll check out the serial number on the car and see if I can find anything through a parts store here.

DEAL
02-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Yea I don't know if they are the same engines, it's a carb engine, not FI. I'll check out the serial number on the car and see if I can find anything through a parts store here.

I found a guy who has a bunch of used loyal parts..
I can PM you his # if you want .. the guy I work with said if he doesn't have what your looking for he can probably find it.
The only problem is he lives up here.