PDA

View Full Version : what are the main problems of the predator ???

Roei
02-20-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm thinking about buying a predator.
What are the main problems of it ????

What is the advantage of the arctic dvx on the predator ???

Thank's.

calds650
02-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Both are good DVX a little lighter the Predator a little more power.
With the DVX easier to get aftermarket part same as Z400. If you can take both for a ride and get the one you fell the most comfortable on

440exnacsracer
02-20-2005, 10:08 PM
dont get an 03 pred and your fine, im assuming your buying new though. the new predators are pretty reliable from what ive heard. but like calds said, take a ride on both and see for yourself, the preds power is going to be very appealing though

Masher13
02-21-2005, 04:06 PM
I have an 03 TLD. The only problems I have come across is: 1-Finding neutral sucks, but if I just give it a quick rev it goes in alright. 2-My choke plunger got stuck in the bore on the carb so it was on and I didn't no it. Appartenly, Raptors have the same problem. I abuse the hell out of mine, I just don't do major air. Little scared! Anyways...I think it's a tank. If the 04-05 are even better, that's cash money. But it comes down to what YOU want. Take em both for a spin.

440exnacsracer
02-21-2005, 09:44 PM
yea, i abuse mine. ive broken many things, but factory faults for my 03 would be frame and piss pore fender brackets

ZsPred
02-22-2005, 01:41 AM
So far, knock on wood, I have not had any problems out of my 03. The only minor things with mine are the brake drag, and finding neutral at frist (dumped teh PS-4 and switched to Torco T-4MXR problem solved). I have rode my friends z400, I am 6'3" ~260, and the Z felt really small. I live in the desert and ride dunes 100% and the Z can not hang with my Pred. the Preds power is awesome! Get the Pred and you will be happy. Proper maintanence goes along way too!

Thanks Chris

Flynbryan19
02-22-2005, 05:08 AM
03' weakness' are a weak tranny and a weak frame. Both of which were fixed for 04' and I haven't heard of any mechanical issues for the 05's. I have had my frame crack, but other than that I've had no problems out of mine. Change the oil OFTEN and ALWAYS use the clutch when shifting and you should be fine. ;)

Masher13
02-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
yea, i abuse mine. ive broken many things, but factory faults for my 03 would be frame and piss pore fender brackets

OH YEAH!!! I forgot about that. Where the front fenders mount to the tank...that's got to be the weakest attempt at bracket making I have ever seen! Being a former mold maker, I know. Mine broke just trying to put the fenders on. Rear fenders are sagging, but nothing a support bar can't fix.

As for the front brakes, has anyone ever gotten theirs drag-free? I supposedly got the fix from the dealer. Something that had to do with the master cylinder. It was good for awhile but the drag slowly seemed to return. I put little springs in between the pads on the slider bolts. I used to high a pressure spring on one test run and about bit a tree. I had to pump the front brake! But I found the right pressure spring and it seems to do fine now. Does the 05's have front brake drag?

440exnacsracer
02-22-2005, 09:38 PM
no problem whatsoever with front brakes, but my rear brakes fade really bad. may need to rebuild the caliper or master cylinder?:confused:

CJ400EX
07-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Has anyone figure out how to fix the brake drag on the Pred? I am going to take a look @ them this weekend to what the deal is.