PDA

View Full Version : how to get that YFZ going fast!!!!!

pro_stock_1000
02-20-2005, 12:17 PM
mon oncle juste both a YFZ 450 and we were wondering what is the best parts to start of with..???

i'm thinking probably a pipe, jet kit, and a cam???

so if anybody know something about whats best for the YFZ let me no please ......

what pipe produces the most HP and the 450......

thanks ....

YFZ450Ridr
02-20-2005, 04:43 PM
pipe-cam-filter-jet kit-high compression piston-valve spring kit-high rev box

muddy400EX
02-20-2005, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pro_stock_1000
[B]mon oncle juste both a YFZ 450 and we were wondering what is the best parts to start of with..???

iij thnik ouy slhodl satrt witths teh ppei adn jtetik:D

sampleez
02-21-2005, 01:30 PM
check out yfzcentral.com and yfztech.com. There is a lot of info about da go-fast-goodies on those sites. but here's some things too look into:

Cam-mod
exhaust
Crower Racing intake cam
intakes

pro_stock_1000
02-21-2005, 01:41 PM
what kind of exhaust do you recommand????

are loony tunes good exhaust ???

sampleez
02-21-2005, 01:47 PM
it depends on what kind of riding you do, and if you want either a lot of low end or top end power

muddy400EX
02-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by pro_stock_1000
what kind of exhaust do you recommand????

are loony tunes good exhaust ???

i think the LTE is just gay and overpriced. sparks, lrd, or, you can never go wrong with HMF!:macho

Kennethyfz450
02-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Ron woods intake, Pulse Charger, Cam mod, -4 (thats what i got and i'm not happy) i would tell your friend to bust into the engine and maybe install a wr kit or a wr stroker with a 12:5:1 cp piston, and a PWR Radiator... i would stay away from the 470 kits which are really popular at yfz sites for some strange reason i believe its pushing it a little.. boring a yfz 120 over doesn't seem very wise to me....

i will give no comment about the crower cam, but can tell you that the yfz lost horsepower with the hotcams untill it reached high rpm and then it gain only 2 hp... I would keep the cam mod......

pipe/jets/air intakes didn't work for me i'm still craving more power:(

pro_stock_1000
02-21-2005, 03:43 PM
there's this guys that tolm me to get the LTE exhaust system because if we ever want to oversize the motor he said that the LTE exhaust would work good with a bigger motor.....

would the HMF still work good on a bigger motor or it just works welll on a stock motor ????

thanks...

because we were deciding between the LTE , HMF. Bills ??????

sampleez
02-21-2005, 05:54 PM
hey kenneth, do you have the woods with or without the airbox. where does is help the most in the powerband.

why no comment on the crower?? i have heard nothin but good about it.

how much of a diff does the flywheel make. i was thinking about one, but more like a +4 or 8. does the lighter one make it stall easier

next time your goin to LBL, let me know, cause a bunch of my buddies go up there a lot.

Kennethyfz450
02-21-2005, 06:37 PM
sweet.. we are going to go this coming weekend if nothing comes up...

I dont have the ron woods pipe on the intake.. the intake with my lrd made killer low to mid.. the pc pipe spreads out the power and the hit faded away but now i feel like i got more overall power instead of just one place...

i would be thrilled to meet you at LBl for you to do a ride report with the PC...

i didnt notice to much of a difference with the -4 flywheel

the reason why i said im not going to give any comments on the crower cam is because i dont own one, and i dont want anyone to get the wrong info or buy something just because i said or someone else said that it offers more power than any cam on the market, something good about the cam i never installed

muddy400EX
02-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by pro_stock_1000
there's this guys that tolm me to get the LTE exhaust system because if we ever want to oversize the motor he said that the LTE exhaust would work good with a bigger motor.....

would the HMF still work good on a bigger motor or it just works welll on a stock motor ????

thanks...

because we were deciding between the LTE , HMF. Bills ??????

an HMF would be great for modded motors as long as its the full system. you guys are talkin about makin yfz's faster, i would be happy with just a stock yfz!!