PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500

JForestZ34
02-20-2005, 07:57 AM
Hey guys who do you want to win today 500. I would like to see Jarret win this year. But Johnson is looking good also. One last thing.

GO DALE JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James

4trax250x81
02-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Just by looking at how the 150 races and the busch race went i would have to say: Tony Stewart and of course the DEI cars, I wouldnt say Jimmy Johnson because he wrecked his race car in the 150 and his backup might not be that good. We see who makes it through the "big one" and then pick your winner from there!

bulkdriverlp
02-20-2005, 08:30 AM
#20:macho

BlasterRacer26
02-20-2005, 08:42 AM
id like to see martin or rusty win...but i think it will be Dale Jr. or Jimmy Johnson and Johnson didnt go to a back up car that i know of

4trax250x81
02-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by BlasterRacer26
id like to see martin or rusty win...but i think it will be Dale Jr. or Jimmy Johnson and Johnson didnt go to a back up car that i know of

Oh yeah, youre right, he only had minor sheet metal damage. Martin is the one that said, before the wreck he had an awesome chance of winning by now going to the back up car he has no chance.

Derag2
02-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Im going for #6 Mark Martin......... Even though hes starting in the back you can't ever count him out. This years gonna be the year he goes out with the cup and aint comming back.

beak7707
02-20-2005, 09:19 AM
Martin deserves that, he's been racing for ages. I dont see him winning today though, I'd say you'll be watching DEI up front all day.

boonovies
02-20-2005, 09:46 AM
my favs are:
jr
truex
and kenny wallace

beak7707
02-20-2005, 10:32 AM
I wish Jimmy spencer had a nextel ride!

Bush0102
02-20-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm going for junior and tony stewart, but honestly anybody in the top 15 has a shot at it.

Dust_1503
02-20-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm rootin for Kasey Kahne, long shot but he derserves a win

quadracer511
02-20-2005, 12:04 PM
jr,jarrett,waltrip those r my favs

2002400ex
02-20-2005, 01:10 PM
I betted on Johnson and Martin, but i hope Dale jr wins!

Cody_300ex
02-20-2005, 02:58 PM
I'd like to see Jr. win but his day is all but over. :(

quadracer511
02-20-2005, 04:11 PM
jr was so close yyyyy!!! owell i guess good race

drifterx
02-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Rootin for Gordon, and guess who won...

"I'm so stoked!" (Jeff Gordon, 2005)

Hahaha, great race too, the last 10 laps were intense!

beak7707
02-20-2005, 04:20 PM
It was a good finish, good to see DEI slowed down a little at super speedways.

Bubba
02-20-2005, 04:21 PM
It didnt turn out like i wanted it too, but he won it fair....and jimmy johnson sure is a wiener...saying stewart was running him into the wall and blah blah...

trick450r
02-20-2005, 04:21 PM
i hope gordon burns in hell...hes such an *** hole on the track...can you tell im a junoir, truex fan!:blah:

MotoX3
02-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Bubba
It didnt turn out like i wanted it too, but he won it fair....and jimmy johnson sure is a wiener...saying stewart was running him into the wall and blah blah... LMAO....you said jimmy johnson and weiner in the same sentence....:blah:

drifterx
02-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
i hope gordon burns in hell...hes such an *** hole on the track...can you tell im a junoir, truex fan!:blah:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i think the results speak for themselves... And Jimmie Johnson isn't such a wiener, he was just pissed about getting banged around by Stewart, wouldn't you be?
And i hope Tony Stewart burns in hell, cause i've always hated his cocky, smart @$$.

Bubba
02-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by drifterx
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i think the results speak for themselves... And Jimmie Johnson isn't such a wiener, he was just pissed about getting banged around by Stewart, wouldn't you be?
And i hope Tony Stewart burns in hell, cause i've always hated his cocky, smart @$$.

i dont care what any one says, jimmy johnson is a weinie..hes mad about stewart bumping him, i mean isnt that racing,dont go cry about it

catch22blaster
02-20-2005, 04:37 PM
wtg gordon

drifterx
02-20-2005, 04:46 PM
i dont care what any one says, jimmy johnson is a weinie..hes mad about stewart bumping him, i mean isnt that racing,dont go cry about it

Put yourself in Jimmie Johnson's shoes... If you were running in the Daytona 500, and had a shot at doing really good if not winning, then got bumped by Tony Stewart, which slowed you down majorly, to the point that you got passed by people, and basically lost your shot at the race.... You'd be pissed too.

Not to mention, that Johnson bumped stewart, which i'll admit is racing, then Stewart went up and bumped him about 3 times right after that, which i think is racing, but just being a royal prick too.... ya, i think Tony Stewart is the wienie.... Just my $.02

Someone who really does impress me is Kurt Busch. He's really come along ways, and is a young guy running with the big dawgs. I'm looking forward to watching this guy this season.

dunnonuttin
02-20-2005, 04:51 PM
i hope gordon burns in hell...hes such an *** hole on the track...can you tell im a junoir, truex fan!:blah: yea well, screw you too buddy;) :rolleyes:

catch22blaster
02-20-2005, 05:11 PM
lol:macho :macho :macho

catch22blaster
02-20-2005, 05:11 PM
lol:macho :macho :macho

bansheeguy77
02-20-2005, 05:17 PM
hell yeah. im a gordon, johnson, dale jr fan. and stewart is the biggest prick in the entire sport he gives it a bad name. the reason he hit johnson is because he went high to block him. which wouldnt you? its 1 spot higher for the bigest race of the year, probably 20k money difference. so what stewart tries doing is taking him and probably 10 other good cars out of a good finish. hes a true *** and someday will get his. i cant wait

catch22blaster
02-20-2005, 05:20 PM
i can't stand stewart

dunnonuttin
02-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by catch22blaster
i can't stand stewart same here. theres this cuban guy named eric amirola or somethin that runs out here at ace who is in a joe gibbs program, this stupid bazturd comes out every weekend illegal and wins whenever robert turner (HELL YEA) doesnt and they dont do anything about it. everyone protests his car and they still dont do anything. well me and a few other guys give them a peice of our mind and finally get them to strip down his car, turned out he was illegal and what do they do, suspend him for one freakin race, let him keep his points and money. this is an example of what nascar DOESNT need and they are already talkin about movin him from late model to busch series. that pisses me off:mad:

pead_24
02-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Woooooooooooooo!!!!! Gordon!!! going for 5 for 05!!

hangman
02-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Someone once said " If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin" .
:ermm: Nobody likes a cheater.

Congrats to Gordon. Love him or hate him, going by the numbers, you're probly looking at one of the top 3 or 4 drivers of all time. 70 wins, 4 championships, 3 Daytona 500s and he's probly got another 10+ years left in him.

drifterx
02-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by hangman

Congrats to Gordon. Love him or hate him, going by the numbers, you're probly looking at one of the top 3 or 4 drivers of all time. 70 wins, 4 championships, 3 Daytona 500s and he's probly got another 10+ years left in him.

Amen Brotha!

drifterx
02-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
hell yeah. im a gordon, johnson, dale jr fan. and stewart is the biggest prick in the entire sport he gives it a bad name. the reason he hit johnson is because he went high to block him. which wouldnt you? its 1 spot higher for the bigest race of the year, probably 20k money difference. so what stewart tries doing is taking him and probably 10 other good cars out of a good finish. hes a true *** and someday will get his. i cant wait

Same amen to you too brotha :)

hondardr4life
02-20-2005, 07:36 PM
I hate jeff gordon!!! If I could find that site that I found the Jeff Gordon is gay song on, I would definetly post a link to it. He might as well put gay pride on the side of it, rainbow warrior queer.

On the other hand. Stewert is awesome, he is a bad @$$!! But Dale Jr. is most definetly my favorite driver. Too bad he didn't win:( :(

drifterx
02-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
I hate jeff gordon!!! If I could find that site that I found the Jeff Gordon is gay song on, I would definetly post a link to it. He might as well put gay pride on the side of it, rainbow warrior queer.

On the other hand. Stewert is awesome, he is a bad @$$!! But Dale Jr. is most definetly my favorite driver. Too bad he didn't win:( :(

Hey, don't be a hater on the guys who actually win. Just cause he's better than Tony Stewart and Dale Jr., doesn't mean he's gay. Hahaha, jk. Everyone has their own opinion. Now, i do like Dale Jr., and everyone else too, except Tony Stewart. Seriously, he's just mean. When they interviewed him before the race, he kept saying stuff like (well isn't that obvious!), and just being a mean smart @$$. Plus he races dirty. Thats why i don't like him.

02-20-2005, 08:41 PM
I love how NO ONE drafts gordon. Obviously he has a reputation with the racers too.

He was complaining to the officials that earnhardt wasnt drafting him on the restarts. what a b**ch.

I-7
02-20-2005, 09:19 PM
stewart is the biggest prick in the entire sport

I asked him for his autograph at Watkins Glen when I was like 13 and he told me to buzz off or go away or something like that :ermm: Oh well hes an as*hole basically, I think Gordon deserves it though

DeerNuts
02-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I like Jr too, but I honestly thought Stewart had the best shot at winning the race today. He led almost 110 laps. Same last year, he led half the race and ended up going second to Jr.
He won one of the Gatorade 150's and the Busch race, and man I woulda placed good money on him to win it. Good thing I didnt.:D

MOFO
02-21-2005, 05:00 AM
hell yeah. im a gordon, johnson, dale jr fan.

holy chit... we actually agree on a sport!

#24,#48 & #8!!!

JForestZ34
02-21-2005, 07:35 AM
I thought that Gordon was only complianing about how Jr was sitting back on the restart. I don't think he was complianing about drafting. From what I heard on TV I heard him say that he didn't like the way Jr was sitting back on the restart.

James

bansheeguy77
02-21-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
holy chit... we actually agree on a sport!

#24,#48 & #8!!!

hey did u get the memo? hell just froze over

Rico
02-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Stewart after the race --->:( Bet it felt good to lead the entire race and get your *** handed to you at the very end.. LMFAO

I was hopin Rusty or Mark would have won it honestly but Gordon is still a good racer and deserved it. Stewart won the Busch race so he should dry it up and take it like a man..:macho

trick450r
02-21-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by hangman

I dont care what he does in his life...he'll never ever ever size up to richard petty or dale earnhardt....those are real drivers....i dont think anyone in nascar likes jeff gordon...even the anouncers didnt say a thing about him being up front untill he won lol...they dont give a ***** about him...

trick450r
02-21-2005, 08:48 AM
also, i love how in the end they didnt even get footage of gordon doing his burnouts and stuff....they were interviewing dale jr. and you see gordon doin burnouts in the back round...lmao...also the high point of my nascar watching life was when gordon won on default last year and junoir came in second who had lead almost the entire race, when gordon started his little victory lap or whatever EVERY person in the croud was throwing beer cans at him...they were bouncing off his windshield and everything, lmgdao that was funny.....

Bubba
02-21-2005, 08:52 AM
I dont care what he does in his life...he'll never ever ever size up to richard petty or dale earnhardt....those are real drivers....i dont think anyone in nascar likes jeff gordon...even the anouncers didnt say a thing about him being up front untill he won lol...they dont give a ***** about him...

ahh i think he deserved it. It was funny though, he was doing that burnout and they only showed it for like one second, then they went straight to Jr. to talk.. While Jr was talking you could see gordon in the background burning out... I was like man, their not even giving the winner any attention

trick450r
02-21-2005, 09:04 AM
ahh i think he deserved it. It was funny though, he was doing that burnout and they only showed it for like one second, then they went straight to Jr. to talk.. While Jr was talking you could see gordon in the background burning out... I was like man, their not even giving the winner any attention

he gives nascar a bad name...his reputation with knocking people around and being a ******* on the track...and you wonder why no one drafts with him....divorcing his wife only to date a play boy model...you guys are going to flame me for this but dale jr. is deff restoring nascar to its roots, for him its deff not about the money...you all would no that if you have seen his house...its no bigger then mine!! its like 3500 sq ft....thats small for a man making more money then any racer who has EVER stepped on a nascar track!!....his cars too...he doesn't have ferraris and stuff...hes got a frickin like 85' toyota truck lmao....and when Earnhardt gets alittle rough with someone on the track they dont take it personally they are more worried that earnhardt isn't going to invite them to a BBQ and go-kart race on earhardts $90,000 1 mile long go-kart track in his back yard.....this is what nascars about....not playboy models...money....and doing anything to win....

Bubba
02-21-2005, 09:19 AM
i hope you dont think i'm a gordon fan...haha... i was just saying, i think he deserved it, i mean he earned it. I'm Jr. fan and I agree with you about Jr.

Kyle_Racer_31
02-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Wanted Dale JR.....But It had to be Jeff Gordon...BOoooo!!!!

Oh well hope Dale Gets the next one

BlasterRacer26
02-21-2005, 09:42 AM
trick450r you have no idea what your talking about...first of im not a Jeff Gordon fan, but i will defend him. Hes done about the same as Earnhardt and Petty in half the time, and if you ask me their is a lot more compition now then their was when earnhardt and petty were racing.
O yea that go kart track is no wheres near a mile long bud

Bush0102
02-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Jeff Gordan had a damn good car and drove really well. He earned it.

I thought Dale or Tony was gonna get it, but oh well. I've hated Jeff Gordon for a while and realized there was no point at all for disliking him. Anything you can say about jeff can be applied to at least 10 other drivers, so quit the immature negativity.

Jeff Gordon earned his spot, Dale will have his day eventually

MOFO
02-21-2005, 11:02 AM
hey did u get the memo? hell just froze over

:devil:

I just looked outside and saw some pigs with wings too.... :eek:

PHAT400
02-21-2005, 12:13 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH. Gordon this, Earnhart that Tony Stewart........ YADDA YADDA YADDA... They all have talent except for that stinkin Harvick...... Man don't get me started on that guy....
:blah:

87250rxrider
02-21-2005, 12:23 PM
the two drivers i can't stand are Jeff Gordon, and Kevin Harvick. i have nothing good to say about either of them! oh, and BTW, I'm a Dale Junior fan!!!

trick450r
02-21-2005, 12:43 PM
trick450r you have no idea what your talking about...first of im not a Jeff Gordon fan, but i will defend him. Hes done about the same as Earnhardt and Petty in half the time, and if you ask me their is a lot more compition now then their was when earnhardt and petty were racing.

he said...on TV the night before the race after the busch race that it was exactly 1 mile long....dont comment on what you dont know....also guys personally i think waltrip deserved it more then anyone, he lead alot of the race and i dont think he dropped below a top five....and about Gordon being just as good as petty or earnhardt...i hope you burn in hell you *******, gordon is not half the driver as Earnardt and he even acknowledged that when earnhardt died.....if you said that most anywhere in the U.S.A during a race you would be lynched....im sure even some gordon fans would be happy to **** you up....

bansheeguy77
02-21-2005, 12:54 PM
petty was the best driver in his day no questions asked. but the thing is, even benny parsons said it once. back in those days it was basically run what ya brung. there wasnt nearly the competition there is today. so he could have raced against some guy who was out for a drive in his new gto and decided to take it to the track. im not dissin petty in any way, but it was easier back then to win a race.

earnhardt again was a great driver. back when he was in the circuit i didnt care for him on the track. i respected him just as much if not more than any driver. is/was he the best driver ever? no i dont think he was. he is top 10 for sure, but not the best.

jeff gordon is a very good driver just like the 3 mentioned above. in the circuit today there is much much more competition. now basically everybody has equal cars and it relies alot on driver talent. of course the car has to be good handling and everything, but most crews can take care of that in the turn of a wrench. wether some of you guys like to admit it or not gordon is one of the top nascar drivers ever. like him or not, you have to admit he can drive damn good.

BlasterRacer26
02-21-2005, 12:55 PM
haha o god..they were joking around about the 1 mile track just to prove its not a mile long ill show you a picture moron, so dont comment on what YOU DONT KNOW
http://www.jrsraceplace.com/images/600_Pictures_New2_054.jpg
Now last i checked that is not a mile long..lmao

PHAT400
02-21-2005, 12:57 PM
he said...on TV the night before the race after the busch race that it was exactly 1 mile long....dont comment on what you dont know....also guys personally i think waltrip deserved it more then anyone, he lead alot of the race and i dont think he dropped below a top five....and about Gordon being just as good as petty or earnhardt...i hope you burn in hell you *******, gordon is not half the driver as Earnardt and he even acknowledged that when earnhardt died.....if you said that most anywhere in the U.S.A during a race you would be lynched....im sure even some gordon fans would be happy to **** you up....

BTW dude, when do those anger management class's start:blah:

trick450r
02-21-2005, 01:05 PM
haha o god..they were joking around about the 1 mile track just to prove its not a mile long ill show you a picture moron, so dont comment on what YOU DONT KNOW

Thats not the only one...apparently hes got one that winds around through the property lines of his property.....

trick450r
02-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400
BTW dude, when do those anger management class's start:blah:

your wifes giving me anger managment at your house tomarrow at noon...

lol im jp...anyway i dont really have any problem with jeff but no gordon fan has the right to put down dale.....that simple

Quad18star
02-21-2005, 01:07 PM

Who said he didn't have money ???? I also wonder whats in that 6 car garage in the background . :confused:

Matt37
02-21-2005, 01:10 PM
hell yeah. im a gordon, johnson, dale jr fan.

To me that doesnt work. To me that is like being a Philadelphia Eagles fan but then liking the Dallas Cowboys to. It just doesnt work. Plus your almost bound to have one of your favorite drivers win every weekend.

bansheeguy77
02-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
To me that doesnt work. To me that is like being a Philadelphia Eagles fan but then liking the Dallas Cowboys to. It just doesnt work. Plus your almost bound to have one of your favorite drivers win every weekend.

sure it works. i have 3 football teams. 49ers, eagles, and ravens. just like i have 3 nascar drivers. i could really care less about how good the driver is, to me its what kind of guy they are. i hate the tony stewarts and harvicks. ya could be like my dad and root for all the fords :o

Matt37
02-21-2005, 01:36 PM
ya could be like my dad and root for all the fords

Ha, That is one thing i would never do. The one guy i cant stand is Kurt Bush i really dont like him and Rusty Wallace ticks me off sometimes to.

PHAT400
02-21-2005, 03:59 PM
your wifes giving me anger managment at your house tomarrow at noon...

lol im jp...anyway i dont really have any problem with jeff but no gordon fan has the right to put down dale.....that simple

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask you ... where's her 50 buck's you cheap *******..>?

:huh

Stevie-D
02-21-2005, 05:17 PM
yall are ready to hang Stewart for bumping, blocking, and racing hard, trying to win every race however he can.
then in the next sentence you say how good Earnhardt was. Stewart drives much the same way that Earnhardt drove. they call Earnhardt the "Intimidator". why? because he INTIMIDATED other drivers. he did that, and he won. Stewart is now intimidating other drivers, and yall are *****ing about him:huh

I like Stewart because of the way that he races. he has talent, and he knows it. he knows that sometimes you have to block someone to hold a position, or bump someone to gain a position. it's racing. that's how it often goes. sure, the racers that get blocked and bumped by him (johnson on sunday) will wine, because he denied them a chance to win. well, i apoligize if i'm wrong here, but isn't that how you win races? by getting up front and keeping everyone else behind you.
you that race your quad know how it works. that is why you use nerf bars on your quads. so when you DO bump into the next guy, you won't be hurt.

that's how racing goes. Earnhardt knew it. he is a legend. Stewart knows it, executes it, and everyone complains about him:huh

Bubba
02-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
yall are ready to hang Stewart for bumping, blocking, and racing hard, trying to win every race however he can.
then in the next sentence you say how good Earnhardt was. Stewart drives much the same way that Earnhardt drove. they call Earnhardt the "Intimidator". why? because he INTIMIDATED other drivers. he did that, and he won. Stewart is now intimidating other drivers, and yall are *****ing about him:huh

I like Stewart because of the way that he races. he has talent, and he knows it. he knows that sometimes you have to block someone to hold a position, or bump someone to gain a position. it's racing. that's how it often goes. sure, the racers that get blocked and bumped by him (johnson on sunday) will wine, because he denied them a chance to win. well, i apoligize if i'm wrong here, but isn't that how you win races? by getting up front and keeping everyone else behind you.
you that race your quad know how it works. that is why you use nerf bars on your quads. so when you DO bump into the next guy, you won't be hurt.

that's how racing goes. Earnhardt knew it. he is a legend. Stewart knows it, executes it, and everyone complains about him:huh

agreed...:cool:

trick450r
02-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask you ... where's her 50 buck's you cheap *******..>?

:huh

you caught me.....:p

trick450r
02-21-2005, 06:09 PM

Whens gordons movie coming out?

BlasterRacer26
02-21-2005, 06:44 PM
lol omg get it over it, Gordon won the 500 can you just move along?

DeerNuts
02-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah, we will and are. For all you Jr. and Stewart fans, take hope. The two will kick arse this year. Heck, Jr. won 6 or so last year, and placed 3rd. Thats pretty dang good. Steward was the man down at Daytona this year as well as last. My brothers (Stevie) post hit the dail on the head. If you liked Dale Earnhardt then you gotta appreciate what Stewart does. He is a hell of a good driver. Jr. is coming right along as well; its good to see he is shrugging off daddys coattails. The kid has talent.

Props to Gordon though. He is way too clean cut and makes sure his image is squeaky clean. But he is one hell of a driver. One of the best for sure. That was his 70th win, I believe. He will race another 10 or so years too. Think about that. I am, and it sucks!! But it makes for some good exciting races.:cool:

SGA
02-21-2005, 11:46 PM
#24 Jeff Gordon

In the past, mostly beer drinking, pickup driving, good ole boys watched Nascar.
Like him or not, Gordon brought a newer, cleaner image to Nascar which in turn increased ticket sales and more TV viewers.

Increased ticket sales and more TV viewers = $$$

Long gone are the days of good ole boys- race what you brung. Today its about dollars. Big dollars, millions of dollars.

Of course, its still fun to follow your favorite driver and monday morning "discuss" why they would have won if it wasnt for that other "SOB" driver:D

DeerNuts
02-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Your right SGA, thats what its all about. Truth is, we LOVE to bit** and complain about why our driver didnt win, and then rub it in others faces when they do win.:D

And hey, we can still drive pickups and drink beer and be a NASCAR fan all at the same time!

DeerNuts
02-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Didnt mean for the that post to sound like we can drink and drive at the same time:o

Foxyangel0425
02-22-2005, 01:23 PM
that race sucked!! DEJ was soooooo close so was tony stewart. I rather see one of them win than whats his name again?? Uck i can't stand him so much i forgot his name! (LOL) :p

i rather watch drag racing anyways....:D

trick450r
02-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Foxyangel0425
that race sucked!! DEJ was soooooo close so was tony stewart. I rather see one of them win than whats his name again?? Uck i can't stand him so much i forgot his name! (LOL) :p

i rather watch drag racing anyways....:D

drag racing sux compared to nascar....imo

pead_24
02-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Anyone can go fast in a straight line... dont get me wrong i like watching drag racing to:blah:

Foxyangel0425
02-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by pead_24
Anyone can go fast in a straight line... dont get me wrong i like watching drag racing to:blah:

yeah but nascar guys go round and round and never find the finish!! Just kidding....i like nascar too but not as much as drag racing.....the smell the sound its amazing! Also, you can actually go in the pits and talk get autographs/pictures with your favorte drivers. nascar you can't really do that. :ermm:

SGA
02-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Foxyangel0425
Also, you can actually go in the pits and talk get autographs/pictures with your favorte drivers. nascar you can't really do that. :ermm:
True.
Around 7 PM after the racing is over and things are put up for the day you can walk through the pits and chat with the drivers. Most of them are very nice and will take a min to chat with you.
One night me and a couple buddies were walking in the pits looking around and were passing by John Force's rig. He came around the corner doing something, stopped and started talking with us.
Next thing I know, he shoves a beer in our hands and you would think we had known him for years. We chatted with him for around 15 minutes. A SUPER NICE guy and a first class racer.
Hell, all of the top NHRA drivers I've met are nice and I've met most of them.

Warrioreater400ex
02-22-2005, 08:53 PM
well i have one thing to say, the last 18 laps were AWESOME, no matter who won you cant argue that that wasnt a great end to a race.

i was rooting for martin, but o well, im just glad hes making it to retirement, my first favorite nascar driver was Davy Allison R.I.P, then i loved Ernie Irvin, he was my driver for years (allisons replacement driver), then he was in some bad crashes and had to retire early, then my favorite driver was mark martin, LOVE watchin him on the road courses and short tracks (bristol etc), however now i root for Jr. or Gordon, i know it sounds odd but im not so much concerned about which one wins, i just wanna see good racing.

SGA
02-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Oh, I was rooting for Tony Stewart to win. Why like Tony? Hell, why not, he knows how to race and wont back down in a fight.

I also like JR and Mark Martin. Poor Mark, he has the most piss poor luck I have ever seen though.

I like Ryan Newman too, mostly because he has a cool name.

Gordon? Yeah, say what you will, but the faucker can drive a race car.

Back in the day I rooted for Cale Yarbourough and DW. Never cared for Richard Petty, he was to dam ugly :scary:

FourFiftyFour
02-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by SGA
True.
Around 7 PM after the racing is over and things are put up for the day you can walk through the pits and chat with the drivers. Most of them are very nice and will take a min to chat with you.
One night me and a couple buddies were walking in the pits looking around and were passing by John Force's rig. He came around the corner doing something, stopped and started talking with us.
Next thing I know, he shoves a beer in our hands and you would think we had known him for years. We chatted with him for around 15 minutes. A SUPER NICE guy and a first class racer.
Hell, all of the top NHRA drivers I've met are nice and I've met most of them.

ive hung out with john force before, hes an awesome guy. I used to be BIG into drag racing and he was my idol. He definitely cares about his fans, and always takes the time to meet with people and sign autographs. I still have an autographed poster from him and he told me "good luck" bc i told him i wanted to race..well i guess im doing that...but not drag racing lol

ive also sat and talked to jeg coughlin jr (pro stock class) for a while too, i was at his trailer when he came in from his first 200 mph run and he got out and started talking to me and signed my hat and put "200" on it (this was back in the day when the pro stocks were just starting to run 200 mph)

DaleJrFan
02-23-2005, 07:42 AM
well you cant win them all!!