PDA

View Full Version : Eminem.

DeerNuts
02-19-2005, 10:13 PM
For whatever reason, I really like Eminem's songs. I am mostly a rock and country fan, but I like his rap. To be honest, I only like his rap for some reason. He knows about most of the stuff he sings about and he has quite the story.

I know he is really controversial, but as a rapper, I think he is the shiz. His newest CD, Encore, is awesome. I just burned it on my computer. I cant stop listening to Just Lose It. Great song, IMO.

So what are all your thoughts about him? Im mostly looking for opinions on his music, not his lifestyle, as we all know that needs a lot of work.

TGW_400ex
02-19-2005, 10:19 PM
I think hes one of the most talented rappers out there:D

02-19-2005, 10:19 PM
i hate rap but i really like eminem its weird his songs are the only rap i'll listen to:ermm:

FasstMidnightZ
02-19-2005, 10:22 PM
ya its ok for rap...me personally i only like afroman

SRH
02-19-2005, 10:27 PM
icant get into any of his music....i dont know i guess hes a good rapper if others think so...i like dr dre, snoop, game, 50 cent id have to dr dre and snoop dogg from the early 90s is just good stuff, game and 50 are the closest you get to that now...ive downloaded half of games new cd...i think im gonna have to go out an dbuy it ...all the songs are good

TGW_400ex
02-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
ya its ok for rap...me personally i only like afroman

Haha wow Colt 45 brings back memories

muddy400EX
02-19-2005, 11:10 PM
i agree, i hate all rappers but eminem. all the others just sing about stupid chit

alimdar2times
02-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Eminem is probably one of the most talented, if not THE most talented lyricists out today. Having said that, I just can't get into his music. There's a couple of tracks I like, primarily "Guily Conscience" and "Forgot About Dre," but beyond that, I can't dig it. I like a lot of rap music, especially some of the old school stuff like LL Cool J ("Goin' Back To Cali" - AWESOME song) and of course Eazy E and NWA (I know, I know....). I just watched that program on VH1 called "And You Don't Stop"; it's about hip-hop in America and its' impact. They had a really interesting segment on M.

dunnonuttin
02-20-2005, 07:25 AM
the only rap/ hip-hop i like is beastie boys

lol
02-20-2005, 08:32 AM
yea i am a metal person but i do listen to eminem and Dmx once and a while

bulkdriverlp
02-20-2005, 08:36 AM
:mad: most people who dont like eminem havent listened to the lyrics close. if you listen real close they are funny but talented. very complex. eminem deserves all he has, cause if you watch the movie 8 mile he has been through alot. hes cool:D :D

02-20-2005, 08:40 AM
he is the only rap ill listen to. Like someone else said other rappers sing about stupid chit like friggin rims and butts. but emniem actully sings about stuff

TGW_400ex
02-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
he is the only rap ill listen to. Like someone else said other rappers sing about stupid chit like friggin rims and butts. but emniem actully sings about stuff

Eminem rapped about nothing in one song on encore. He even points it out at the end of the song.

muddy400EX
02-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
Eminem rapped about nothing in one song on encore. He even points it out at the end of the song.

i think your talking about rainman. thats an awesome song:D so alimdar2times, your saying you like people who DONT have talent:confused:

TGW_400ex
02-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i think your talking about rainman. thats an awesome song:D so alimdar2times, your saying you like people who DONT have talent:confused:

He has talent I just thot I'd point that out

FasstMidnightZ
02-20-2005, 09:44 AM
i dont think rap is really singing , its more like talking with beats to make it sound better imo

WEEZIL
02-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Talent? Yes much so.. Whiny little B!tch boy?.. Even more so.
I wont lie, I have a few of his cd's burnt of course.. Are they my major pick? .. Gimmie Floyd,Zep,Skynyard or Gwar any day.

Ex'In_Alberta
02-20-2005, 10:49 AM
i think weather you like him or not you have to respect him for whats he's made of himself being white in rap, that no one else has been able to do......getting respect from guys like dr. dre and snoop is a big deal in that industry and he's the only white guy to ever make it big and get that respect......and even though he's a "thug" and doesnt back down and says exactly whats on him mind.......man he's got some deep stories to tell about his life and the S*** he goes though and has gone through, i think toy soldier tells it all IMO

FasstMidnightZ
02-20-2005, 11:30 AM
what about vanilla ice :p He was cool :cool:

alimdar2times
02-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
so alimdar2times, your saying you like people who DONT have talent:confused:

I'm reading that and laughing out loud, not because it's offensive, but because it's somewhat accurate, at least in a few cases.

Eminem IS talented. Having said that, no, I don't particularly care for him. I fully appreciate what he's done for the genre, and that is to give a voice to "po' white trailer folk." I like the production value on his albums, all of which I've heard due to the fact that my ex can't get enough of the guy.

As far as liking people (or to be more accurate, acts) that aren't particularly talented, yes, there's quite a few that I listen to on a regular basis that most people on this forum would dismiss as talentless. I guess I would be inclined to consider my musical "tastes" somewhat diverse, as I don't like to confine myself to any one particular style of anything. In the changer, I currently have burnt CD's ranging from Slayer, Primus, RevCo, Pantera, M.O.D./S.O.D. to Jim Jones (rap act), Jay-Z, Game, NWA, Dr. Dre, and so on. I'll even mix it up from time to time with some easy listening, depending on the mood.

Sorry if I went a little off-topic there. Just figured I'd throw that out there. As far as the pic, hell, I couldn't resist..
:devil:

Mxjunkie
02-20-2005, 12:53 PM
almost all of eminems beats are the same or alike, good rapper though only him, tupac and dmx are the rap artist's i'll listen too other then that i hate it, specialy lil jon i wanna strangle that idiot when he goes " Yeaaah, OK, whaaat! "

TGW_400ex
02-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
almost all of eminems beats are the same or alike, good rapper though only him, tupac and dmx are the rap artist's i'll listen too other then that i hate it, specialy lil jon i wanna strangle that idiot when he goes " Yeaaah, OK, whaaat! "

Your just jealous you aren't rich for saying those three words

Mxjunkie
02-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
Your just jealous you aren't rich for saying those three words

no im just tired of hearing that those gay 3 words and hearing kids say it everywhere :)

TGW_400ex
02-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
no im just tired of hearing that those gay 3 words and hearing kids say it everywhere :)

I'm going to get flamed for this but I think Lil JOn's music is good party music

02-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by dunnonuttin
the only rap/ hip-hop i like is beastie boys now you're talking :macho

Dan_Guetter
02-20-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
now you're talking :macho

:D

Nausty
02-20-2005, 08:55 PM
personally hes not to bad but hes definitely not first choice on who I listen to rap wise.

Right now its J kwon and The Game!:devil:

SRH
02-20-2005, 09:01 PM
.... im white and i listen to alot of rap and i still think hes a wigger, and he hasnt been thru ****, his mom was mean to him and his house got robbed a bunch of times whoopy doo hes a disrespectful .....i dont know what but i just have no respect for him

jabbahoo
02-20-2005, 09:04 PM
I don't mind any music i keep a opened mind on things and take it all in but i'll tell you what i can't stand is when you here people saying thurrr(as in there) or how about I aint scurr (as in I aint scared) Damn thats annoying!!!

SRH
02-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by jabbahoo
I don't mind any music i keep a opened mind on things and take it all in but i'll tell you what i can't stand is when you here people saying thurrr(as in there) or how about I aint scurr (as in I aint scared) Damn thats annoying!!!

yea yeahaahh ya hhuuuuuuuurrrd word to the buuuuurrd:eek2:

DeerNuts
02-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Yeah man you might be right about that-- he hypes his life up to be a lot worse than it really was. Still was pretty bad I guess, but anyone in his situation would milk it for all its worth for the dollars.

I liked 8 mile, but I dont think his real life was as hard or as trying as that movie made it out to be. Maybe a little bit, I dont know.

Nausty
02-20-2005, 09:09 PM
personally it sounds kinda gay to me sometimes but same with other stuff for instance...

Boot Scoot and boogie, honkey tonk, ect, ect

I-7
02-20-2005, 09:09 PM
I was just about to turn on some Eminem too... I thought I was the only one :p . I like the new encore album especially One Last time and Mockingbird. My favorite one of his songs is Sing for the Moment though... very good song

EXtremeEXer50
02-20-2005, 10:06 PM
i personally believe eminem is on of the greatest rappers ever...i can watch 8 mile 50 times in a day and never get tired of it...the way he doesnt take chit from nobody is amazing i wish i had the balls to be that hardcore...in other words all u guys sayin he didnt have a hard life...i doubt u grew up in detroit or in the projects so i dont think u can judge him like that

JDiablo
02-20-2005, 10:31 PM
he is the only rapper that i can acually understand what he says throughout the whole song,if actually raps about something and stick through it the whole song

Quad18star
02-20-2005, 10:48 PM
He has had it pretty rough during his childhood . An abusive family ... father that split on him and his mother . She was a drug addict and alcoholic . Grew up in the projects .. made just enough money for his family to get by day to day . I don't doubt for one second that when he sings about how rough he has had it , that it's lies . What I like about his lyrics , is that he sings about how life is for a lot of people .... he say's it the way it is ... he doesn't screw around .

As far as his music , I find him to be one of the best rappers . I enjoy his music , along with Dre , Snoop and 2Pac. His first albums used to be a lot about Kim and how she screwed him over ... now his albums are starting to be more about Hailey . I have respect for him and about how he is trying to raise his little girl . He wants to provide her with what he didn't have .... he doesn't want the press to put her in the spotlight either .

DeerNuts
02-21-2005, 12:09 AM
He is definitely providing her with what he didnt have. :eek:

LT250Racer609
02-21-2005, 04:05 AM
Damn if you guys like his records then you need to hear his underground **** like....

Locked up tonight Ft. Dr. Dre

or his song ft. Xzibit-dont approach me

LT250Racer609
02-21-2005, 04:06 AM
if you also listen to Fabolous's Lyrics he is also very talented and his Lyrics make a ton of sence

just my imput:cool:

Rico
02-21-2005, 08:41 AM
He's kinda girly and I think I'll make him my ******....:blah: I wonder if he knows his roots aren't from Africa??????

trick450r
02-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Rico
He's kinda girly and I think I'll make him my ******....:blah: I wonder if he knows his roots aren't from Africa??????

and yours aren't in mexico...whats your point? lol

DeerNuts
02-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Damn Rico that was funny. He is definitely the numba one wigger, fo sho.

Think about it, he had to emulate his environment to get outta it. Little odd maybe.:rolleyes:

dpizz450
02-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by SRH
.... im white and i listen to alot of rap and i still think hes a wigger, and he hasnt been thru ****, his mom was mean to him and his house got robbed a bunch of times whoopy doo hes a disrespectful .....i dont know what but i just have no respect for him

lol you've got a lot to learn pal. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

brian-250
02-21-2005, 04:09 PM
i can listen to some rap but most of it cant stand, eminem is about the only raper i CAN stand.

NTPracing22
02-21-2005, 04:23 PM
LT250Racer609

I agree, his underground songs and freestyles are better then what he puts on his ablumns, but he puts on what will sell and thats' why he's got a bottomless pocket.

I also like what he's done with dre. those two have braught up a lot of talent between d12 and g-unit. but I like how g-unit has everyone going solo with a record. I want to see D12 do something like that in the future

Out_Sider
02-21-2005, 04:28 PM
i like his songs, but i think he seems to whine a little bit

Stevie-D
02-21-2005, 04:37 PM
My favorite one of his songs is Sing for the Moment though... very good song

that, in my opinion, is his best song.

SRH
02-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by EXtremeEXer50
i personally believe eminem is on of the greatest rappers ever...i can watch 8 mile 50 times in a day and never get tired of it...the way he doesnt take chit from nobody is amazing i wish i had the balls to be that hardcore...in other words all u guys sayin he didnt have a hard life...i doubt u grew up in detroit or in the projects so i dont think u can judge him like that

he didnt either he likes to make everyone think he did, icp pointed out that they knew eminem in detroit and he lived and the poor area of the suburbs and they made a joke out of him to anyone who listen to what icp had to say...but people who pay any attention to them are few and far between, im not sure if its true but when eminem was a kid he wanted icp to play at his birthday party then once eminem got popular they started making jokes about him and it started some sort of rivalry, even tho eminem has skills hes just joke, hes whiny white kid who grew up like 80% of kids in america but has 0 respect for the women who brought him into this world...i think hes a dinky white kid who beleives hes black and a hardass hood kid and acts tougher than he is, i know lots of kids who are like him i cant stand them. out of all the rappers out there right now whos more badass than 50 cent , hes humble about it too, eminem would be like yo homies ill blast yo ***, eminem is the kind of guy who would wnana live in the ghetto so he could rap about it
truth is if dr dre didnt work with him he would just be another vanilla ice no matter how good he was

300ex_rider1121
02-21-2005, 05:55 PM
have u heard the song from icp about eminem its funny as chit its called slim anus its so ****in funny

DeerNuts
02-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I think he makes a joke about it in one of his songs.
He says something about slim anus in one of his songs, not sure if its in reference to that.

Hondadudeehhhh
02-21-2005, 06:16 PM
i think its funny how people talk about eminem like they know him... personally i like him but some people think they know everything about his life and ****. I dont know i just kind of laugh when people offend him or defend him like they grew up with him. And i know people who grew up with him.

dpizz450
02-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by SRH
he didnt either he likes to make everyone think he did, icp pointed out that they knew eminem in detroit and he lived and the poor area of the suburbs and they made a joke out of him to anyone who listen to what icp had to say...but people who pay any attention to them are few and far between, im not sure if its true but when eminem was a kid he wanted icp to play at his birthday party then once eminem got popular they started making jokes about him and it started some sort of rivalry, even tho eminem has skills hes just joke, hes whiny white kid who grew up like 80% of kids in america but has 0 respect for the women who brought him into this world...i think hes a dinky white kid who beleives hes black and a hardass hood kid and acts tougher than he is, i know lots of kids who are like him i cant stand them. out of all the rappers out there right now whos more badass than 50 cent , hes humble about it too, eminem would be like yo homies ill blast yo ***, eminem is the kind of guy who would wnana live in the ghetto so he could rap about it
truth is if dr dre didnt work with him he would just be another vanilla ice no matter how good he was

sorry to say pal, not to flame you or nothing, but you are a complete ignorant moron. do a little research before you try posting **** that you don't know.
he lived in the ghetto. his mom basically beat him. he pretty much never met his father. his uncle ronnie that inspired him to rap, passed away. he had to switch schools more then 20 times. he had no friends. he was bullied everyday at school. no longer then a year after his daughter was born, he lost his job, and was barely able to support his newborn. i believe he had downsyndrom. he and his ex wife Kem would fight non stop. plenty of other things. now are you going to tell me that 80% of other americans live like that?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dpizz450
02-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
i think its funny how people talk about eminem like they know him... personally i like him but some people think they know everything about his life and ****. I dont know i just kind of laugh when people offend him or defend him like they grew up with him. And i know people who grew up with him.

and no i am not trying to defend him in my last post. i'm trying to prove a point to the other guy. and no i did not say i grew up with him, do a little research, common sense tells ya that ;)

blondie69
02-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
I liked 8 mile, but I dont think his real life was as hard or as trying as that movie made it out to be. Maybe a little bit, I dont know.

One references I noticed a lot of ppls are referring to...8 mile being his life story in a sense. That's false, it was very losely based on his life. But the movie wasn't meant to be an autobiography.

iceracer65
02-21-2005, 08:16 PM
he sux!!! rap is just poetry.

a white man making a living off of black ppls music.

if him and vanilla ice and snow got in a fight it would be a 3 way tie lmao

SRH
02-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by iceracer65
he sux!!! rap is just poetry.

a white man making a living off of black ppls music.

if him and vanilla ice and snow got in a fight it would be a 3 way tie lmao

i think vanilla ice would kick eminems *** in a brawl

YFZ450Ridr
02-21-2005, 08:23 PM
i like most rap but the only thing i hate is all the rappers that are like YO DAWG WHATS POPPIN, they have like 26 inch spinners, so stupid. eminem doesnt rally brag all that much like the other rappers do.

iceracer65
02-21-2005, 08:24 PM
or that hehehe:macho

DeerNuts
02-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Good point Tegan.

Anybody else noticed that the movie has been on an awful lot lately? The past week it has been showing on, I think, VH1. For the past couple of days the movie has been on every day it seems.

hessianmx111
02-21-2005, 09:27 PM
I dont like alot of rap but I do like eminem, because he sings about something instead of what hes rollin in and how many hoes hes got. I also like Kanye West's music.

2002400ex
02-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Has anyone seen the mockingbird video. The world premire was today. It is emotional...:o I liked it

bluebaron
02-21-2005, 11:13 PM
yeah, pre nice vid, for some reason one of my neibors who is like 40 is obsessed with eminem and marlyn manson. its kinda wierd

Rico
02-22-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
and yours aren't in mexico...whats your point? lol

I don't dress mexican and don't speak in spanish that's my point....:blah:

Why don't we see blacks singin country. They're smart enough to know they aint' no country boys....:scary:

Whens the last time anyone seen a rap album feature musicians on the cover playing instruments??????? LMFAO

they are entertainers at most, but not musicians or artists.. Sorry They worship Dr. Suess I bet since he was the first Original OG and rythem maker... ROFLMFAO

zephead400ex
02-22-2005, 12:29 PM
I haven't read everyone's comments, basically I already see where this thread is going because of people being narrow minded.

As most you know, and can probably tell, I'm a huge Zep fan. But more than that, I'm a fan of music. Eminem is very talented and he is one of my favorite acts today. His rhymes are subtle and he raps about what others do not. He doesn't rap about hoes, 40's, pimpin', etc. The music itself is cool. He is one of the hardest working muscians in todays muscial industry.

All I ask is that you be open minded. I'm not asking you to like Marshall Mathers, but like Eminem because of what he is.

NTPracing22
02-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I don't dress mexican and don't speak in spanish that's my point....:blah:

Why don't we see blacks singin country. They're smart enough to know they aint' no country boys....:scary:

Whens the last time anyone seen a rap album feature musicians on the cover playing instruments??????? LMFAO

they are entertainers at most, but not musicians or artists.. Sorry They worship Dr. Suess I bet since he was the first Original OG and rythem maker... ROFLMFAO

good to see you make yourself laugh.

What time did the vid premier? I didn't know what time so I missed it, i'm sure they'll play it 30 times before the day's over.

fastblaster2002
02-22-2005, 02:55 PM
i listen to rock,country, rap,hip-hop...i only like the hardcore rap and hip-hop...eminem says what he feels and hes got the balls to not care what others think

IMO him and tupac are the greatest rappers to be in it...they put it out there how it is

Alberta_Qaudin
02-22-2005, 03:11 PM
IMO him and tupac are the greatest rappers to be in it...they put it out there how it is [/B][/QUOTE]

i agree with that but i'de add biggy to that, and some of the others like method man, and ice cube....the ones who actually made it formrags to ritches with out havin to make every song about the money they had and keepin to the songs that have story to them and some meaning about what they've done and been through that some people can relate to.....but i would have to say the tupac is the best and always will be in my eyes, every song is a story and has 90% have a deeper meaning