PDA

View Full Version : car rebuild

bansheeguy77
02-19-2005, 09:07 PM
today i went to tuner wars (car show) and had a blast. i think i enjoyed it more than motorama. so i was just wondering what kind of car ya'll think would be a good car to build up. i have around 3grand to spend. i want it to be drivable as of now being i need a car but i want to build it up over time to be a show car. i was thinking an 80s style camaro being i always loved the looks of those. just not sure about reliability. just wondering what everyone else would do. so help me blow my quad fund on a car :macho

Butters
02-19-2005, 09:09 PM
yeah the camaro would be good or an early model mustang 5.0

Matt37
02-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Iam not sure if you mean a full rebuild like a frame off restoration or just like add on stuff. But unless you have serious money laid out i would not suggest restoring a classic car. I just last spring got completely finished restoring a 1963 Corvette it took me little more than a year to restore fully we had the completely frame off and all. But it was a money pit when it was all done i will just say i passed the 6 figure mark by a little bit :o. It is alot of work no granite the 1963 Corvette is prob one of the worst cars to chose to restore because there are parts on that car that Chevy on made for that one year and are literally impossible to find and to fit in all the door gaps and all took me forever! So i wasnt sure if you meant like a hardcore restoration or just slowly over time fixing it up because unless you have a crap load of money saved up DO NOT restore a classic car it is EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!

bansheeguy77
02-19-2005, 09:55 PM
nah i dont really want a true classic. i want to be able to drive it for hte most part when i get it. and mod it gradually. thats why i was thinking an 80s camaro. or maybe i will get a civic or something cheap yet ya can make look good. maybe an old dodge dart...i can have a bundies mobile :devil:

Butters
02-19-2005, 10:10 PM
yeah i wouldn't go with a classic way to much to deal with. if you are interested in imports i think i civic is a great way to go. lots of parts, easy to mod, plus it can be a good daily driver.

Scott-300ex
02-20-2005, 12:17 AM
you should get a 5.0, i got one and they are very fun, especially sticks

they love mods, and you can make them very very fast

the 80's camaro's are heavy, i know some people that got them and they are over 4700 pounds

my 5.0 is 3110, light, awsome engine, and fast, especially when modded

look for a body in good shape, no rust mainly, dents can be fixed then just add mods to it when you get money, they are real fun to play around with

i like carberators a lot, my friends say fuel injection is the way to go, but you can tune and play around with the carberators and i think carbs are faster and so do lots of other people

just get somethin you like and have fun with it

get a stick, they are a lot funner!