PDA

View Full Version : Administrator and Mods look

sportraxkid
02-19-2005, 08:58 PM
I am posting this for derekhonda since his account dont work!
Starting yesterday, I have not been able to log on and stay on exriders. It asked me to log on when i first went to the site, which was weird because im always logged in, so i entered my information and started surfing the site. After that, I wanted to reply to a thread so i typed it up, and clicked submit but it came up with the screen that says something to the effect of "you cannot reply because you are not logged in" and asked me to enter my information in again. So i did it, and clicked reply again, and it gave me the same screen again. I tried to PM Guy400 but it once again told me i wasnt logged in. So basically I have no communication on the site, anyone know whats wrong with my account? :D

JOEX
02-19-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm guessing it has something to do with your browser, maybe need to check to see if cookies are enabled. Another thing it might be is if there is an 'always logged in' option here. I don't remember.

sportraxkid
02-19-2005, 10:01 PM
derek asked me to ask how do you check and see if cookies are enabled?

DeerNuts
02-19-2005, 10:08 PM
Go to tools (on the taskbar) then click Options, and it should be on the screen it brings up. Then just find the cookies options. I think that should do it but Im not sure.

Scott-300ex
02-20-2005, 12:23 AM
that used to happen to me all the time when i would answer to a thread i already posted to when i would click on my email, then go to the thread then reply to it again, don't happen anymore though

Guy400
02-20-2005, 07:02 AM
Yes...the secret program is working exactly as designed:devil: :devious:

dunnonuttin
02-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Yes...the secret program is working exactly as designed:devil: :devious: LMAO

Mxjunkie
02-23-2005, 11:09 PM
..:::Posting for derekhonda:::...

Hey this is derekhonda again, i am still having problems with my computer. I did not disable cookies, and am positive they are still working because I am also a member of Dodgetrucks.org and my account their works just fine, it keeps me logged in, and i can reply just fine.

The thing i dont understand is it isnt like my account is disabled, cause i can still log in, it just wont keep me logged in. Anyone have any other solutions or reasons as to why my account is acting up?

ballisticpb
02-24-2005, 10:57 AM
could just be a damaged cookie. If the system see's a cookie for the site it will not create a new one. Just go to tools>internet options. right on the first tab there is an option to delete cookies. when done close all browser windows and log on again.

zephead400ex
02-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Firewall? If so, disable it and try again. Delete your cookies as suggested. Lower your security settings in IE.

Alberta_Qaudin
02-24-2005, 12:01 PM
if you have XP theres a couple things it could be......go into your internet security options and change them to low-medium, i had to do that to get active X player to work, and i had the same thing happen to me when i installed that service pack 2, i know people who have gotten it and it didnt effect them at all but when i got it it locked me out of just about everything and took me about 4 hours to turn off all the features locking me out of s***, finally i just uninstalled it, my advice to anyone who hasnt gotten the service pack 2 for xp yet....DONT

zephead400ex
02-24-2005, 12:23 PM
I've been told by numerous Security Administrators that about 2 in 10 Windows Updates actually work correctly. I think 2 is a little far fetched, however, I have seen many updates not work correctly. SP2 has been revised to where it *should* work, however, if you haven't installed it, don't!

If other sites, forums, etc display correctly, I would imagine you IE security settings are fine. I would imagine is an expired/invalid cookie file.

IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Cookies -> OK -> Clear History -> Yes -> Settings -> View Files -> *if anything is left, search for the exriders/atvriders cookie -> highlight the cookie and delete it -> close Temporary Internet Files -> OK -> try again