PDA

View Full Version : Shocks too soft?

250xridamatt
02-19-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm going to the motocross track again in a week, and my shocks seem way too soft. This is for my 250x. They are the cheap works. Is there any way that i can make them a little more stiff. When i got them last year, i weighed a lot less than i do now.

250xridamatt
02-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Can anyone help me?

beak7707
02-20-2005, 10:37 AM
You can send them off and have them revlaved, or order some stiffer springs.

EvilJester400EX
02-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Increase preload, up the compression, make the rebound a little slower maybe.

250xridamatt
02-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Is there anything i can do here in my garage. I want to get rid of my fourwheeler this summer, and upgrade. I jsut want a temporary fix so i can get them a little stiffer.

blue416ex
02-20-2005, 12:41 PM
put the clip for the preload down a few rings making the shock stiffer

250xridamatt
02-20-2005, 12:43 PM
I;m going to go out and look to see if i get what you are talking about. I'll play around with them a bit.

OK, Do i just spin the entire spring around? I got it to move a little bit. If so, which way. Im a shock newbie. So please explain in detail.

blue416ex
02-20-2005, 03:37 PM
ive had works before you may wat to do this take a hose clamp and put it on the spring and use the clamp to compress the spring then there is a c-clip type clip up top where the ribs are on the top of the shock the clip is under the top sleeve so you may want to compres the spring a bit then once you get the spring compressed enough to where you can see the clip and get a good grab at it move it down one or two ribs on BOTH shocks count the ribs and make sure BOTH shocks are EVEN on the rib # then you can let the spring back to normal

evan

maskale
02-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by blue416ex
ive had works before you may wat to do this take a hose clamp and put it on the spring and use the clamp to compress the spring then there is a c-clip type clip up top where the ribs are on the top of the shock the clip is under the top sleeve so you may want to compres the spring a bit then once you get the spring compressed enough to where you can see the clip and get a good grab at it move it down one or two ribs on BOTH shocks count the ribs and make sure BOTH shocks are EVEN on the rib # then you can let the spring back to normal

evan

what he said,

and put the quad on something so that the front wheels are off the ground, it will make it easier.

Toadz400
02-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Lose weight. Works for me! I've dropped almost 40lbs so far, makes you hell of a lot faster too!;)

250xridamatt
02-21-2005, 05:14 AM
Im not fat!! I'm just kidding. I just put on weight on purpose. I was really weak and had no muscle. I got knocked down and pounded on all the time in high school soccer last year. So i have been in the weight room and its helping a lot.

If i dropped 40 lbs, i would weight a little over 100 lbs. I dont think thats healthy for someone whos 5' 10"