PDA

View Full Version : -4 flywheel

dempsey400
02-19-2005, 03:14 PM
I have a yfz 450 with sparks exhaust, airbox and jet kit. Also retarded the cam. Whould the trail tech flywheel help much? Some people say its the best mod?

metalmellinium
02-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Yea its awesome, but i would get the new -6 flywheel.

mountaineer
02-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Can you explain what it does and is it different for mx and xc? How much does it cost? Where to get them?

jshtex
02-19-2005, 06:22 PM
A lighter flywheel will allow the motor to rev quicker. Its the weight in the flywheel that keeps the engine spining when you grab the breaks in a panic for instance. For drag racing or even MX (to some extent) it would be good, but for XC you would probably want a +4 flywheel. That would keep the quad from dyeing in corners etc. Suposedly it will also smooth out the powerband on the yfz as well, something that would also be good for a long (xc style) race.

Trailtech makes flywheels from -6 to +12 or 15 or something like that. www.trailtech.net

There are other places that sell weights you can attach to your stock flywheel but I don't have a source.

mountaineer
02-19-2005, 07:50 PM
thanks for the information jshtex their website was very helpful. I will be getting one soon -4 flywheel for mx