PDA

View Full Version : ANTICIPATION on '06 models>>>>>is everyone else too????

citizennobody
02-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Is everyone else looking as forward to the '06 quad models being released as I am? I am soooooo curious to see what happens with the YFZ, TRX450R, and the Z450....!!!!

I know Yamaha plans to do something revolutionary to the YFZ even though it has only been out two years. Supposedly they will go from being a 439cc motor to a true '450' (449cc). Also major suspension changes are expected. Just look at their 06 snowmobile lineup...Ohlins and FoxFloats have been added to their amazing new 150hp machines and of course even the snowmobilers are complaining about the hard seats....I can wait to see...

Suzuki has the LT-Z450 coming out and I am curious to see what they did with their chassis, which is where they could really shine given that the motors in that class are so close. I wonder if they copied the single columns of headlights like on the Z400? Per my research, the motor is putting out around 56hp peak/stock which is very similar to the YZ450F and the CRF450 (physics dictates you can only get so much out of an engine that size so I didn't expect anything groundbreaking), but I am curious to see how they mated/tuned it with an ATV chassis.

Honda is adding an electric start and doing some other touch ups so I don't think we will see anything trick til 2007 but it will still be cool to see their '06 model none the less.....btw, and I the only one that really appreciates the really really quiet stk exhaust on the 450R even though I would change it the second I got it...

And KTM is looking for ATV chassis designers on the carreer section of their website...???? HMMMMMM, wonder what 2007 brings from them and their 520???? I wonder what many of the manufacturers R&D dept got in the oven. Look at what is coming out now, hell, even Polaris did a bangup job on the Predator and the Z400 is a better bike. Competition is a good thing.

What does the future bring? EFI (which you will need a MSCE cert to tune)? Aluminum Frames? Reservoir shocks and LT suspensions standard on everything? 4 strokes have really turned a corner and I am soooooooooo freaking glad to see the 2 stroke being phased out, those damn old NOISY SMELLY RATTLETRAPS. Now lets see those 06s.....

bradley300
02-19-2005, 03:23 PM
sound wasnt nearly an issue when everbody was racing those smelly rattletraps:mad:

i think in 06, the yfz will be the quad to beat

citizennobody
02-19-2005, 03:27 PM
I am biased and I agree that the 06 YFZ is gonna be one tough cookie to beat....already a great platform, but with the anticipated changes....

Hon300ex
02-19-2005, 03:33 PM
i cant wait to see the new quads for next year

YFZ450Ridr
02-19-2005, 03:40 PM
i think june is going to be a good month because that is the said to be month release date for the Z-450. i think the boys at suzuki have done thier homework and are going to release a monster!

citizennobody
02-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
i think june is going to be a good month because that is the said to be month release date for the Z-450. i think the boys at suzuki have done thier homework and are going to release a monster!

Yeah the Z450 will be Mothra and the YFZ will be Godzilla.....monsters, but one has to win....

RideRedEX
02-19-2005, 05:00 PM
i dont think it really matters what your on. most people cant push the 450's to there limit now. You put Borich or Ballance on a 300ex and a raptor 350 and they could still beat most people.

RideRed250ex
02-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by citizennobody
What does the future bring? EFI (which you will need a MSCE cert to tune)? Aluminum Frames? Reservoir shocks and LT suspensions standard on everything?RATTLETRAPS. Now lets see those 06s.....

My buddy has a C-Dale and thats what we were talking about...How in the future quads are all gunna have EFI and Aluminum frames. He has that cert to tune it and its so easy once you get it set up, to any kind of riding condition. I think the technology in those things are amazing. One day I think all quads will have this...

If manufacturers keep making bigger and bigger quads, how big is to big? Everyone is goin to say I'm macho :macho about this comment and i can handle the power. But I think it could really happen... :confused:

RideRed250ex
02-19-2005, 05:04 PM
Oh BTW, Maybe I am retarded and out of the loop but i looked on kawi's webstite and I didnt see the mojave, did kawasaki quit making it?

DeerNuts
02-19-2005, 05:33 PM
I think they stopped making that bike quite a while ago, but I could be mistaken. :confused:

If they haven't, it's high time they put that POS out to pasture.

CannondaleRider
02-19-2005, 05:34 PM
What does the future bring? EFI (which you will need a MSCE cert to tune)? Aluminum Frames? Reservoir shocks and LT suspensions standard on everything?

Sounds like a Cannondale :macho

FasstMidnightZ
02-19-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm waiting on the z-450 should be one badass quad. I'm soon switching from honda to suzuki this summer

nacs400ex
02-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I am soooooooooo freaking glad to see the 2 stroke being phased out, those damn old NOISY SMELLY RATTLETRAPS. Now lets see those 06s.....

Noisy, last time I checked 4-strokes were a lot louder than 2. I like the smell of race gas and klotz. To each his own.

brian-250
02-19-2005, 05:52 PM
i want to se what happens to the Vforce, i may own one someday.:D

Bush0102
02-19-2005, 06:49 PM
when will the 06's be revealed to the public?

alimdar2times
02-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Noisy, last time I checked 4-strokes were a lot louder than 2. I like the smell of race gas and klotz. To each his own.

Amen brother.... I still get goosebumps every time I walk by a boat dock or so much as fire up the weed eater or the chainsaw... I miss them oil-burners :(

Braff1
02-19-2005, 07:09 PM
For those that have never played with a c-dale they are a modern marvel. You can 1 bike and program it and have a trail bike, dune bike, mx bike, or xc bike just by changing the map. the power efi makes it amazing. I think we should welcome the future of modern quads.

Duncanracer
02-19-2005, 07:39 PM
i'm waiting on the KTM quad, cause that 520 motor rips....

400exrules
02-19-2005, 08:06 PM
word on the street is yamaha's puttin the R6 engine in the blaster frame:eek:

02-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Hahahaha, thatd be sick, but i think the blaster may see a yz250f engine for 06'.

If KTM is still looking for a frame designer, there wont be a quad by 07'.

rollie
02-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
Hahahaha, thatd be sick, but i think the blaster may see a yz250f engine for 06'.

If KTM is still looking for a frame designer, there wont be a quad by 07'.

no,why would they make a liquid cooled 250CC quad which im guessing would be aimed at murdering 300's in races if it couldnt even race the "air cooled" class.....:ermm:

02-19-2005, 08:28 PM
It wouldnt be intended for the GNC aircooled class. They sell much more 300exs for recreational use than they do for the air cooled class. The manufacturers really only look at motocross racing with the 450s.

rollie
02-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
It wouldnt be intended for the GNC aircooled class. They sell much more 300exs for recreational use than they do for the air cooled class. The manufacturers really only look at motocross racing with the 450s.

i disagree....more people are getting into the racing sence and if they didnt make a air cooled quad then it would be full of 300EX's...i think primarily they do look at the 450's but when building a mid-size one i think they look at every corner of the market to make it a general good selling quad....like the 300ex or blaster

rollie
02-19-2005, 08:33 PM
also i think they'd have to build a new chassis because the blaster frame is small and doesnt have enough suspension capabiltys to handle a racing 250cc four stroke engine

Braff1
02-19-2005, 08:46 PM
my friend at the yo-mamma-ha dealer told me the other day that the blaster is being pumped up to 250 cc. I think they will need to mod the chassis if they are increasing the cc on the short narrow chassis

citizennobody
02-19-2005, 08:49 PM
As far as people getting into the racing scene, thats just the beginning. Alot of you may like the old 2 strokes, but alot of America doesn't want loud or to even turn one wrench on the bike and with the new emergence of the 4 stroke alot of nontraditional riders are entering the market which just may save this sport from regulation and tree huggers, especially when they figure out they can use the stuff too. Plus you gotta remember that in Europe people can ride their quads on the street, but they have to be 500cc or more, so expect an new emergence in big big bore bikes, I have even heard from a friend that Yamaha plans to redo the Raptor. My sources arent from racing, I play in Wall Street and investors occasionally get a scoop or two....

TGW_400ex
02-19-2005, 08:50 PM
I hear there equipping a Raptor 80 with Nitros:eek2:

SRH
02-19-2005, 09:10 PM
i will never buy another new quad unless a manufactuer builds an oem quad equally competitive and close in durability to my yfz for under 9000 now...if walsh and ktm got together for something like that or something id buy one but i def have no plans of gettin rid of my yfz...

muddy400EX
02-19-2005, 09:11 PM
As far as people getting into the racing scene, thats just the beginning. Alot of you may like the old 2 strokes, but alot of America doesn't want loud or to even turn one wrench on the bike and with the new emergence of the 4 stroke alot of nontraditional riders are entering the market which just may save this sport from regulation and tree huggers, especially when they figure out they can use the stuff too. Plus you gotta remember that in Europe people can ride their quads on the street, but they have to be 500cc or more, so expect an new emergence in big big bore bikes, I have even heard from a friend that Yamaha plans to redo the Raptor. My sources arent from racing, I play in Wall Street and investors occasionally get a scoop or two....

how the hell can any of you call a 2-stroke loud? i had a piped rm125 and now i have a piped 400. you can hear the piped 4-stroke from a friggin mile away! once the 2-strokes get far away you cant hear em. that why there is all the sound issues going on now:mad:

SRH
02-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
how the hell can any of you call a 2-stroke loud? i had a piped rm125 and now i have a piped 400. you can hear the piped 4-stroke from a friggin mile away! once the 2-strokes get far away you cant hear em. that why there is all the sound issues going on now:mad:

sound issues have nothing to do with 4 strokes more to do with increase in population in the last 10 years, most quads and bikes have all been 4 strokes quads easily can be made quiet but its hard to prove something that blows smoke is clean

bansheeguy77
02-19-2005, 09:22 PM
i think that would be a great step for yamaha to make a race ready level entry quad like a blaster 250. they probably wont make it for racing but ya never know.
and as for suzuki they are really stepping it up, ya see more and more of them every day. if they do their homework on the 450 it will be a force to be reckon with. their new bikes are very dominant and they have great racers on quads too. so the other manufacturers better step it up
as for 2 strokes, they will never die out for me. just the smell and the thrill of riding one is well worth it. and yes if ya ever go to the races all you hear is the 4 strokes the 2's are so quiet ya can barely hear them. its probably the last year for the banshee too. wether any of you want to admit it or not, alot of you guys owe sport quads today to it. back when there were no sport quads besides it yamaha kept to it. the warrior and 300ex were next in line. real high perf. there.....because it was selling good and consistant the 400ex was released....oh well im done ranting. R.I.P :(

citizennobody
02-19-2005, 09:38 PM
You can make anything loud if you pipe it, especially the way we pipe our quads, but something is gonna have to give and it was either ban quads altogether or ban loud aftermarket exhausts. Plus 2 strokes were HIGH polluters while 4 strokes are not. Like it or not we have to contend with these issues, noise pollution and atmospheric pollution due to public perception and much smarter people than us came to some conclusions. The manufacturers decided to get rid of the high polluting vehicles so they wouldn't be banned in KYOTO TREATY countries and they let us hang out to dry with our exhausts and Db limits. Trust me Db limits are just the beginning but at least we will still be able to ride....look at the big picture people.

Mxjunkie
02-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Im kinda hoping they come out with alot of new stuff but the prices are so high, once i get a job i can only afford a used 400ex or 250r

400exrules
02-19-2005, 09:52 PM
i think polaris should make a 450 maybe

and honda needs a big bore sand/baja quad, that would be sweet:devil: like a 650 or somethin

YFZ450Ridr
02-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
i think polaris should make a 450 maybe

and honda needs a big bore sand/baja quad, that would be sweet:devil: like a 650 or somethin

that would be awesome, call it the 650ex and have the old 400exx hood and lights on it:eek2:

TGW_400ex
02-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
that would be awesome, call it the 650ex and have the old 400exx hood and lights on it:eek2:

I think the best think honda could do is bring that hood back the next 400ex is ugly

Martin Blair
02-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Im happy with my 04 ant changing oem cant beat aftermarket anyway, unless your cannodale but we all know what happend their

YFZ450Ridr
02-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
I think the best think honda could do is bring that hood back the next 400ex is ugly

oh i know, i think it is kind of stupid how yamaha made 3 quads look alike and now honda is doing it. plain stupid. the 450r looks unique and shouldnt have a look alike. ruins it.

muddy400EX
02-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by SRH
sound issues have nothing to do with 4 strokes more to do with increase in population in the last 10 years, most quads and bikes have all been 4 strokes quads easily can be made quiet but its hard to prove something that blows smoke is clean

ya but, its just in the past few years the four strokes have started to be used as racers. before, like when the 2-stroke ruled the race tracks, hardly anybody put pipes on the 4-strokes. but now everybody has a piped 4-stroke and you can hear them from like, a mile away. i mean, i love the sound but it echos so bad, it sucks. i dont remember sound ever bein that big of an issue back in the day. nebody get what im tryin to say here?

jvd182
02-20-2005, 07:32 AM
ac has stopped making there 400 and they are working on a 450. I know its prolly going to be a suzuki clone. And the whole point of a blaster imo is to be affordable...

fastblaster2002
02-20-2005, 08:39 AM
yeah the blaster is an entry-level, beginner, cheap quad and it can be easily modded to hang with a few of the bigger quads (excluding the 450s and higher) i love everything about a 2-stroke from the sound, to the smell and everything inbetween

as for yamaha putting a 250 in a blaster...i think it would suck...look at all the other 250s out there that dont compare to a blaster (z250,250ex...) i hope they bump it up to maybe a 300cc

TGW_400ex
02-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by fastblaster2002
yeah the blaster is an entry-level, beginner, cheap quad and it can be easily modded to hang with a few of the bigger quads (excluding the 450s and higher) i love everything about a 2-stroke from the sound, to the smell and everything inbetween

as for yamaha putting a 250 in a blaster...i think it would suck...look at all the other 250s out there that dont compare to a blaster (z250,250ex...) i hope they bump it up to maybe a 300cc

You would be wasting your money to mod a blaster enough to run with a 450;)

nacs400ex
02-20-2005, 09:29 AM
As far as people getting into the racing scene, thats just the beginning. Alot of you may like the old 2 strokes, but alot of America doesn't want loud or to even turn one wrench on the bike and with the new emergence of the 4 stroke alot of nontraditional riders are entering the market which just may save this sport from regulation and tree huggers, especially when they figure out they can use the stuff too.

2-strokes are still made in the dirtbike world and people are stilling buying them and racing them. The new technology 4-strokes arent that much more reliable then a 2-stroke. Replacing valves, cams, etc is not cheap every season.

If the owner of a 2-stroke is having reliability issues their doing something wrong. I know many people that have 2-strokes and only do regular maintence as you would with a 4-stroke and their still running strong.

The only issues I can see why people dont want a 2-stroke are: 4-strokes are easier to ride, and no premix is needed.

4-strokes are what the pros are riding because the factories are not going to pay a pro to ride an 18year old machine.

I was reading on here awhile back when emission laws were becoming stricter, they were trying ban the 2-stroke Catepillar escavating equipment. They created the new engine to produce less emmissions and yet somehow more power. They have been doing this for awhile now too.

I just wish the manufacturers would attempt this before they cannot produce anymore 2-smokes.

There will always be 2-stroke riders everywhere and I will keep my R until the day a manufacturer releases a better quad.

Rich250RRacer
02-20-2005, 09:43 AM

You want nontraditional riders? They're the ones who got this industry in trouble. From the three-wheeler days until the late eighties and early nineties, it was the nontraditional riders that almost buried the ATV. You say two strokes are too loud. My 250R was 89db in it's last GNCC sound check. I don't see many four-strokes doing that. I think you're just a F---IN' IDIOT who likes to run his mouth. :mad:

nacs400ex
02-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
You want nontraditional riders? They're the ones who got this industry in trouble. From the three-wheeler days until the late eighties and early nineties, it was the nontraditional riders that almost buried the ATV. You say two strokes are too loud. My 250R was 89db in it's last GNCC sound check. I don't see many four-strokes doing that. I think you're just a F---IN' IDIOT who likes to run his mouth. :mad:

So true.

beak7707
02-20-2005, 09:58 AM
I agree there is nothing wrong with a 2 stroker. They are quieter and if you take care of them reliablity isnt even an issue. I say long live the true R and I think it will, because it was the best thing to ever happen to the ATV world. As for the 06 models, I am excited to see the z450. As for the 450r and yfz changes I dont even see why it matter that much. Yes the yfz going to a true 450 is a big deal. Even if the yfz came with ohlins or fox shocks, I'd say 90% of racers would take them off and put axis or Elkas on. I say what quad manufactures should do is sell a frame and a motor. Because we pay sky high prices for stock a-arms, swingers, exhaust, bars, plastics, rims, ect... that we take off and throw in the conor or sell it for pocket change. then we turn around and spend tons of money on aftermarket parts.

SRH
02-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by beak7707
I agree there is nothing wrong with a 2 stroker. They are quieter and if you take care of them reliablity isnt even an issue. I say long live the true R and I think it will, because it was the best thing to ever happen to the ATV world. As for the 06 models, I am excited to see the z450. As for the 450r and yfz changes I dont even see why it matter that much. Yes the yfz going to a true 450 is a big deal. Even if the yfz came with ohlins or fox shocks, I'd say 90% of racers would take them off and put axis or Elkas on. I say what quad manufactures should do is sell a frame and a motor. Because we pay sky high prices for stock a-arms, swingers, exhaust, bars, plastics, rims, ect... that we take off and throw in the conor or sell it for pocket change. then we turn around and spend tons of money on aftermarket parts.

i dont know if they came with good linkages, and suspension on par with stock bikes and exhausts like a crf bike has ...lt front ends, and a nerfs and stuff id buy one get my shocks revalved and a set of bars and tires and run it, but were no where near to that right now

citizennobody
02-20-2005, 10:27 AM

Yeah your right I am an idiot.....lets just make ATVing a little club for only cool 'kids' like you and then watch to see how fast it is banned like every other cool thing (skateboarding, blading, biking). In fact the initial push for bans came against PWC because boaters hated them SOOOOO much and because they spent SOOOOO much money on the boats typically had SOOOO much more political clout due to their higher incomes. But I guess this is just me and not the BIG guys at the MFG'ers too that saw this coming and made some strategic decisions.

BTW, if your sooo smart, why are 4 strokes loud. BECAUSE WE PIPE THEM TO BE LOUD. When left untouched they are 10 times quieter than a 2 stroke. Also, smart guy, a 4 stroke isn't louder on a Db scale than a 2 stroke, but the note just carries further than 2 smokes because it is deeper, simple physics and acoustics.

I didn't think I would have to belabor every point with anyone on here because I figured you were either smarter than that or not a chick, which are two people you have to explain everything to. Which ones are you????

nacs400ex
02-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by beak7707
Even if the yfz came with ohlins or fox shocks, I'd say 90% of racers would take them off and put axis or Elkas on. I say what quad manufactures should do is sell a frame and a motor. Because we pay sky high prices for stock a-arms, swingers, exhaust, bars, plastics, rims, ect... that we take off and throw in the conor or sell it for pocket change. then we turn around and spend tons of money on aftermarket parts.

True, that would be an excellent option and I would jump onto the 4-stroke bandwagon if that came true. Sadly I dont think the manufactures would do it.

Long Live The R

nacs400ex
02-20-2005, 10:40 AM

BTW, if your sooo smart, why are 4 strokes loud. BECAUSE WE PIPE THEM TO BE LOUD.

Wait wasn't it just you who was saving we need to take action and keep our sport alive? Well your taking a step backwards by running your LOUD exhaust. But I guess you have to make them 4-strokes LOUD to produce produce power. :o

citizennobody
02-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Wait wasn't it just you who was saving we need to take action and keep our sport alive? Well your taking a step backwards by running your LOUD exhaust. But I guess you have to make them 4-strokes LOUD to produce produce power. :o

I guess you were asleep in econ class....its easier to change exhaust than a quad.....! BTW, welcome to the 21st century....and new technologies.

Bush0102
02-20-2005, 10:53 AM
OK, i'm gonna break in here.

so what all is expected for 2006?

so far i've seen:
Yamaha
blaster returns with YZF250 liquid cooled motor?
full 450cc YFZ

Honda
electric start 450R (will they keep the kick as backup?)

Suzuki
LTZ-450

Others
Arctic Cat ends DVX400 to work on 450
Bombardier 450?
Kawasaki 450?

plus the multitude of new aftermarket products.

anything else to add to the list?

FasstMidnightZ
02-20-2005, 11:28 AM
it would be cool if suzuki added a 300 or 350 z to compete with the raptor 350 or the honda 300ex. But i would much rather them do a z450 which will more than likely happen

n00b on a 400ex
02-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
OK, i'm gonna break in here.

so what all is expected for 2006?

so far i've seen:
Yamaha
blaster returns with YZF250 liquid cooled motor?
full 450cc YFZ

Honda
electric start 450R (will they keep the kick as backup?)

Suzuki
LTZ-450

Others
Arctic Cat ends DVX400 to work on 450
Bombardier 450?
Kawasaki 450?

plus the multitude of new aftermarket products.

anything else to add to the list?

i saw a polaris 450

citizennobody
02-20-2005, 11:52 AM
Yeah I think I am most excited (curious) to see what Suzuki is gonna do...I hope I am not disappointed. I don't see myself selling the YFZ because i am locked into these bike for a while, but it is going to be interesting...

nacs400ex
02-20-2005, 11:59 AM
I guess you were asleep in econ class....its easier to change exhaust than a quad.....! BTW, welcome to the 21st century....and new technologies.

So then change your exhaust, and dont cry about 2-strokes making noise.

:huh New Technologies? Yep Im familiar with the new technology out there. It's just not worth buying.

Rich250RRacer
02-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah your right I am an idiot.....lets just make ATVing a little club for only cool 'kids' like you and then watch to see how fast it is banned like every other cool thing (skateboarding, blading, biking). In fact the initial push for bans came against PWC because boaters hated them SOOOOO much and because they spent SOOOOO much money on the boats typically had SOOOO much more political clout due to their higher incomes. But I guess this is just me and not the BIG guys at the MFG'ers too that saw this coming and made some strategic decisions.

BTW, if your sooo smart, why are 4 strokes loud. BECAUSE WE PIPE THEM TO BE LOUD. When left untouched they are 10 times quieter than a 2 stroke. Also, smart guy, a 4 stroke isn't louder on a Db scale than a 2 stroke, but the note just carries further than 2 smokes because it is deeper, simple physics and acoustics.

I didn't think I would have to belabor every point with anyone on here because I figured you were either smarter than that or not a chick, which are two people you have to explain everything to. Which ones are you????

Neither, and I'm no kid. I've been a Vet class racer for 7 years. I've been around this sport since the three-wheeler days and even owned and raced a few. It seems to me that you just wanted to start a 2-stroke bash. 89db is alot quieter than the 102db requirement exhaust builders are TRYING to reach. You would rarely see a 2-stroke that high, unless the silencer fell off. I don't care about your simple physics and acoustics, those sound meters are all that matter. I remember the Consent Decree, the four year old kids getting killed on ATV's because parents thought they were just toys, and it continues today, regardless of all the warning labels and training classes. Those are your nontraditional riders. It you want to continue your bash, why don't you take it to that Yamaha forum, and take the unexperienced, nontraditional riders, with you.

citizennobody
02-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Neither, and I'm no kid. I've been a Vet class racer for 7 years. I've been around this sport since the three-wheeler days and even owned and raced a few. It seems to me that you just wanted to start a 2-stroke bash. 89db is alot quieter than the 102db requirement exhaust builders are TRYING to reach. You would rarely see a 2-stroke that high, unless the silencer fell off. I don't care about your simple physics and acoustics, those sound meters are all that matter. I remember the Consent Decree, the four year old kids getting killed on ATV's because parents thought they were just toys, and it continues today, regardless of all the warning labels and training classes. Those are your nontraditional riders. It you want to continue your bash, why don't you take it to that Yamaha forum, and take the unexperienced, nontraditional riders, with you.

Spoken like a true redneck...who won the Daytona 500 today???? I would argue with you but my pappy told me to never argue with an idiot cuz they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience....

SRH
02-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Spoken like a true redneck...who won the Daytona 500 today???? I would argue with you but my pappy told me to never argue with an idiot cuz they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience....

hey at least the idiot isnt a loser:eek2:

MA-KAN-IK
02-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Heres The new 450r

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146728

citizennobody
02-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by SRH
hey at least the idiot isnt a loser:eek2:

I never said I wasn't a loser,.....it just proves that even smart people can get unlucky too. I would rather be unlucky than stoooopid.....

Rich250RRacer
02-20-2005, 10:37 PM

Redneck? I live in Ohio, don't see too many rednecks here. All that's in Texas are steers and queers, and I'll bet you don't walk on all fours.... :rolleyes:

Rich250RRacer
02-20-2005, 10:44 PM
I never said I wasn't a loser,.....it just proves that even smart people can get unlucky too. I would rather be unlucky than stoooopid.....

I guess I'm stoooopid too!:confused:

RideRed250ex
02-21-2005, 12:00 AM
:grr:

I'm curious about this 250 motor put in a Blaster frame. After I sell my quad I will be looking to find another quad and would like to race in the 200 300 class. obviously the 250 fits in the catagory but would liquid cooling take it out? And another question... I've never ridden a 250 fourstroke DB, how would the power compare between the that and the 300ex, would it eat it or would they both be competative? (compared in a quad frame and not the db, btw) I am sure that it will eat the 250ex and z. b/c of manual clutch and HP issues. Someone mentioned comparing the 250ex and the yz250f motor.

While I am at it i might as well ask again did kawi quit making the mojave?

blue416ex
02-21-2005, 01:22 PM
idk if kawi quit the mojave but they should that old this is a tired runout quad its past its time and with the 2 stroke -4 stroke war going on here i think that the 4 strokes ARE more reliable BUT the 2 strokes have that amazing powerband and that snap once u get there maybe they should try redoing the 2 strokes before quitting them like cat (i read the whole forum) and their machines to fix the smoke blowing and whatnot the 4 stokes are cleaner running i agree and the 2 strokes are amzing just watch this video NO 4 stroke could do this and watch the 250r in the last race gonna miss them R's ans Shee's

blue416ex
02-21-2005, 01:23 PM
heres the vid

http://www.ljsoftware.com/Videos/2stroke.wmv

watch it proves the speed and power of 2 strokes we all should miss and remember when they are gone:(

muddy400EX
02-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by blue416ex
heres the vid

http://www.ljsoftware.com/Videos/2stroke.wmv

watch it proves the speed and power of 2 strokes we all should miss and remember when they are gone:(

that awesome. i dont think a 4-stroke could ever have that kind of speed!

muddy400EX
02-21-2005, 02:39 PM
i dont know if any of you are into gas r/c cars but if they stop makin the 2-strokers then that would mean that the r/c cars have to be 4-strokes, and they would be slow and heavy as hell:( im gonna miss these little beast's:(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/dirtbiker/rc10gt.jpg

416HL
02-21-2005, 08:56 PM
What is expected for 2006:

What about a lightweight fuel injected 450 Bombardier?

Or two different model of the Honda 450. One 450r for the track and another 450x with starter for the trail?

And a new 650 with starter and reverse from suzusaki!

Yes im dreaming...

Masher13
02-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Ummm...i thought this was a thread about upcoming models, not a 2-stroke 4-stroke bash. They both have their pro's and con's.

The pollution issue has been addressed. New 2-strokes can rival 4-stroke emissions. It's the noise. My buddy has a 400EX with full FMF exhaust with Power Bomb header pipe. He left our place and hammered it all the way home. This is no ****, we heard him over 2-3 miles away! We get *****ed at all the time because of it. I have a stock Preddy, and people say "your's is awful quite compared to his". But if we want performance, we have to go that route. 4-strokes are here to stay and so are the 2-strokes that remain. I don't care if it is 2 or 4 stroke, if the aftermarket doesn't help us out with quiter pipes we are shooting ourselves in the foot because we all will continue to pipe our quads just because we can. Hell, you have to pipe them. They're just loud, that all.

I'll have to find it, but 2-strokes might make it back. I saw somewhere about a new 2-stroke design that uses a bladder that seals off the crankcase from the combustion chamber. No oil gets in the combustion cycle. No premix or oil injection. It stays in the crankcase. It was direct injected so fuel didn't enter until the exhaust ports where closed. This might be old news, but I have never seen it mentioned. Looked pretty neat.

Enough ranting...I think all manufactures should have a 500+ sport quad to offer. E-start, reverse, etc. A big bore Honda....that gives me shivers just thinking about it. I wonder what Kawie is going to do to the 700. Fuel injection and a diet would be nice.