PDA

View Full Version : To anyone in UPSTATE NY

Jay300ex
02-19-2005, 09:38 AM
I was living in Daytona FL for 8 months and now I am moving into Albany NY working in a motorcycle/atv service department. The name of the place is Phibbs Powersports. These guys have a large sales volume and some of their prices arn't bad. Check out the web page at www.phibbspowersports.com. If anyone is around the area you should let me know because I am new to it and don't know where there is any good places to ride.

At a point down the line I will be doing performance upgrades and suspension tuning and revalving, for motorcycles and ATVs, and eventually go into business making race engine out of new-age technology high strenth (nuclear level) PLASTICS or similar substance.

Need to pay off and save up for a few years though, I'm sure most of the older crowd knows where I am coming from with that lol. So if anyone is ever in that shop within the next few years (hopefully) just ask for Jayson and give me a shout.

-Jay

jcv400ex
02-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the northeast! It's time to trade in the sunfire for a 4x4! :D

blueskyy
02-19-2005, 10:07 AM
I live in upstate NY somewhat, I live in Granville, its by Lake George. If you ever wanna ride let me know.

Jay300ex
02-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by blueskyy
I live in Granville, its by Lake George.

I've lived in Binghamton my whole life so I am from upstate NY, it's just I relocated for the job in Albany. But Lake George isn't to far away so that would definatly be possible.

SRH
02-19-2005, 10:32 AM
i live 35 min from albany i dunno of any places they let u ride at legally there is a track called eagle bridge which is somewhat close to albany im not sure what there website is

blueskyy
02-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Theres a track in Granville called Hickory Hill, pretty nice track. If someone is up for a ride, lets get together. The only thing is I dont have a Honda,lol I have a Polaris. We'll have a blast. Any 450r's around here?

SRH
02-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by blueskyy
Theres a track in Granville called Hickory Hill, pretty nice track. If someone is up for a ride, lets get together. The only thing is I dont have a Honda,lol I have a Polaris. We'll have a blast. Any 450r's around here?

hickory hill is a really nice track but its a hr and a half at least from albany , took us 2 hrs to get there...they dont have any open practices that im aware of either just district races

blueskyy
02-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by SRH
hickory hill is a really nice track but its a hr and a half at least from albany , took us 2 hrs to get there...they dont have any open practices that im aware of either just district races

Yea thats the only bummer. Theres alot of trails up here and what not. I have a riding buddy that rides a 400ex. Theres one that takes you to from Fort Ann to Whitehall. Theres alot of mudholes, but us 2 wheel drives go around them. We should do a group ride if someone is up to it.

Jay300ex
02-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Yea I am not so much into track riding because my machine isn't set up for that. But trail riding is always fun and usually US NY is notable for the trails that are around.

jvd182
02-19-2005, 01:34 PM
edit.... http://northeast.trailpass.com/trails.htm

TheFontMaster
02-19-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm in poland, its just north of utica, there are some good trails, and sand pitts here. Most of the trails are on posted land, but we ride anyways, if you wanna check out some great riding I'll be glad to show ya around the pitts.

BlasterRacer26
02-19-2005, 06:58 PM
There are TONS of trails up in northern NY in the tugg hill area.

blueskyy
02-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Does anyone know where Mineville NY is? I tell you what, theres awesome sand pits up there!!!!!!