PDA

View Full Version : wb e-series

dempsey400
02-18-2005, 03:00 PM
i have a 400ex with a e-series slipon 406 ross piston and a stage 1 hotcam. Has anyone out there have a setup like this and a stage 2 cam? Id like to know how it performs. Im not sure if the slipon will flow enough for a stage 2.

enduro400rider
02-18-2005, 07:56 PM
i have a stage 2 but mine isnt bored out, if you are getting a stage 2 you will probably get better gains with an aftermarket header but even with out that there will probably be a difference im running a complete yoshi on mine and i love the mid and top end power, i dont know what kind of riding you do but you will probably like the stage one in the woods and a stage 2 for dunes and racing, there is deffenatly a difference in the stage 1 and stage 2 i had both and the stage 1 did way better for my ridding in the woods i would go back to a stage one but im to lazy to tare it down, but the stage 2 has really good mid and top its great for my long runs down the road:devil:

fultz416ex
02-19-2005, 06:19 AM
i have 426 kit with hotcam stage 2 and a mild port and polish. i am running a stock headpipe and a wihite brothers e-series with 4 inches cut off and no baffles with the turn down endcap. this thing rips. a guy that i race with had a 416 lrd motor with everything done to it and mine would keep up with it and sometimes beat it. a 450 beats me but not that bad.
travis

Quad Dude
02-19-2005, 10:24 AM
should be fine i run a setup like that on a stock bore and a gutted stock pipe. and i have had no problems