PDA

View Full Version : How do u make a 400ex start in gear with the clutch pulled in?

AtvKid4Eva
02-18-2005, 10:09 AM
u know how a 400ex will only sytart in nuetral.well i have seen some that will start with the clutch pulled in in any gear. this 400 haw a aftermarket clutch lever with a p brake block off does that have anything to do with it???? if u know how to do this pleeeeze let me know i have been dieing to find out......

insaneracin2003
02-18-2005, 10:19 AM
if you dant have the stock clutch perch,i have an RTC,i think you just have to connect the 2 wires that came out of the stock perch.i used a little blue connector and it works fine for me,starts in any gear with clutch pulled in or not

Griff
02-18-2005, 10:25 AM
The stock 400ex has a switch on the bottom of the clutch perch. On the bottom of the clutch lever there is a tab, when the lever is pulled the switch loses contact with the lever, completing the electrical circuit, and acting like its in neutral so it will start in gear.

AtvKid4Eva
02-18-2005, 10:48 AM
on the biken there are twom rires that have connectors on them but r not connecter comin up the wiring harness and i was told to put the two together and i did and it will start with the clutch in but the only problem is the nuetral will never go off?????

AtvKid4Eva
02-18-2005, 10:50 AM
on the biken there are two wires that have connectors on them but r not connected comin up the wiring harness and i was told to put the two together and i did and it will start with the clutch in but the only problem is the nuetral will never go off?????

foster
02-18-2005, 10:51 AM
push the ****ing start button you mute!

BLAZE1
02-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003

"starts in any gear with clutch pulled in or not"

You can start your bike IN GEAR, without the clutch in??

How is that possible...wouldn't it kill itself if it was in gear and the clutch is not in??:confused:

JOEX
02-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by BLAZE1
Originally posted by insaneracin2003

"starts in any gear with clutch pulled in or not"

You can start your bike IN GEAR, without the clutch in??

How is that possible...wouldn't it kill itself if it was in gear and the clutch is not in??:confused:
The meaning of this is that the motor will turn over and fire causing it, at a minimum, to lurch forward. Yes, most likely the motor will die quickly but there is the potential that the motor will stay running and the quad will drive off on it's own. Not a good thing;)

Chino
02-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
The meaning of this is that the motor will turn over and fire causing it, at a minimum, to lurch forward. Yes, most likely the motor will die quickly but there is the potential that the motor will stay running and the quad will drive off on it's own. Not a good thing;)

if your on a flat or slightly down slope, and you have the bike in gear and hold the starter in till it fires up it will start, i've seen it done and have done it many times when my clutch has went out! Very Possible no myth to it, it's been done!

muddy400EX
02-18-2005, 09:56 PM
mine starts in gear with the clutch pulled in, i do it all the time

tryken
02-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Mine too. Nothing too it.

FoxRacing81
02-19-2005, 10:53 AM
I actually started mine in gear without the clutch pulled in one time. I snapped a clutch cable and was riding it by putting it in neutral then just poppin it in gears and riding without the clutch. Well, I stopped it in gear so it stalled and someone came to chase us out of where we were riding. We were on a slope and I forgot about my cable so i pulled the lever in even though it did nothing and hit the start button. The quad started to rolled and lurch forward and i gave it some gas and it fired right up and I we left the place haha.