PDA

View Full Version : Hole in Exhaust

YLW400
05-03-2002, 10:46 AM
I have a quick, and probably easy question. A couple of my riding buddies took out their spark arrestors and drilled a 2" diameter hole in the plate in the factory exhaust. Is this a bad thing for the motor? I know it is bad for the ears and neighbors, but will it hurt anything? It does have a distinct sound unlike any aftermarket exhaust I have heard. I know know you cant really do any organized trail rides due to the noise level, but you can ride tracks and private properties without a problem. Thanks.

VegasEx'r
05-03-2002, 11:18 AM
Sounds like they sort of did the "Gabe mod". That involved drilling a hole in the silencer. Do a search for Gabe mod & it'll tell you all the details. From what I have heard, it helps performance, and you leave the SA on so it doesn't get too loud (I think).

YLW400
05-03-2002, 02:09 PM
Ok. I appreciate your response, I will look into it

RED121572
05-03-2002, 02:15 PM
Hey Vegas,

Do you like your trail tech computer? I took mine off just recently. I found when riding in muddy conditions, it would go haywire!! lol

VegasEx'r
05-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Sometimes the display fades in & out, like the battery is wearing out. I have replaced the battery & it still does it. I think it is vibrating a little in there, so I need to find a spring or something to hold it in place. Other than that, it is really nice.