PDA

View Full Version : 400ex v.s. Blaster

400exdave
02-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Ok... A friend of mine has a blaster, actually it's his girlfriends. And we were talking one day about the two machines. And he told me that if the blaster were to have a full fmf pipe system, that the blaster could take my 400ex (mods in signature) on a 300ft drag race. He did say that the top speed of mine would waste the blaster, but in the take off and acceleration....the Blaster could be equal or better than my 400ex. I thought he was kidding at first, but he wasn't.

So give me all your input on this. I know for a fact that my 400 would smoke this blaster in every aspect of racing, whether track or drag. keep in mind, that this blaster is totally stock, except for skid plates and nerf bars. it is an '01.

Thanks

dave

Dannys400ex
02-18-2005, 01:01 AM
your friend is need of medical attention fast....... no way its not even close

sharkinthepool
02-18-2005, 05:28 AM
The blaster is a two-stroke and I will give your friend that much credit, just for relizing the power potentials of two-strokes coming out of the hole.

But dude seriously get your bud some medical attention, like Danny mentioned. The event he is talking about is not going to take place.

Well wait a minute, just how terrible of a rider are you? If you are that bad and can not hit gears correctly, yeah he could get lucky!:devil:

397ccEX
02-18-2005, 07:11 AM
You would have to be a realy bad rider a 400ex with tear a blastear up anywhere

400exdave
02-18-2005, 01:21 PM
well, I am not a bad rider is the thing. Me and this guy are probably about equal in our riding skills. My plan is, to print off these posts that you guys say about this, and let him read them so he can understand what he really said.

UglyMotha™
02-18-2005, 01:53 PM
whoa wait a minute let me get this straight................... this kid is threatening you with his GIRLFRIENDS blaster :huh ...................... I don't think it gets any gayer than that :huh

H_W
02-18-2005, 02:15 PM
One of my friends has a blaster with a toomey B1 pipe on it. Back when my 400 only had a pipe and air filter we drag raced alot. I smoked him every time. I thought he might give me a good run coming out of the hole, but I just left him from the start to finish each time. Now, with my mods, he will not even race me.

dirt308
02-18-2005, 02:15 PM
He doesn't know what hes talking about I just went from a blastter to a 400 and theres no way a blast will touch in anywhere, bottom,mid range or top end. My blaster had a full exhaust reeds and a reedspacer and still wasn't as fast as the 400.

Jay99400ex
02-18-2005, 04:34 PM
I've only seen one blaster that could beat a 400ex, actually this thing could take out a stock banshee with just pipes, but it had a huge bore kit, ran on alcohol, drag pipes, wheelie bar, ect. the guy had like $7000 in it.

400exdave
02-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Thanks a lot guys... keep up the posting on this, I am enjoying hearing all this good stuff!

dondiesel444
02-19-2005, 04:48 AM
Blasters suck. I had a Blaster and a Warrior and they were about equal in a drag and a 400ex could whip both of them easily.

02-19-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
whoa wait a minute let me get this straight................... this kid is threatening you with his GIRLFRIENDS blaster :huh ...................... I don't think it gets any gayer than that :huh

yea it does, a thread asking "which will win" is gayer than that..

if you want to know GO RACE! it will solve any questions you may have.

Jesse

400exdave
02-19-2005, 02:14 PM
well for one dirt merchant, I am not asking who will win. Because I know who will win, me, no doubt about it. I just want to see what you guys say just so I can show him. Funny thing is.... is that I showed him everything you guys said lastnight, and he told me that I should expect everyone here to say the 400 will win because this is a EX site. And that everyone is "pro-400ex" and that he could still take my 400 despite all the truth here. haha. but oh well, i give up on this kid.... Its funny, because his girlfriend never wants to go riding so he can't ever really race me unless she wants to go, but she doesn't want him to ride the blaster "to hard"... its hilarious actually.

02-19-2005, 06:22 PM
my old blater and my friends old blaster killled 400ex all the time in drags i could miss a gear and still win 400ex suck blasters are good qauds sad to see them go in 2006 the only reson guys say that a 400ex would win is its a 400ex site lol if any 400ex want to come up to silver lake sand dunes MI and race let me know cuz i whould love to put some 400ex to sham

thanx raptor nate and banshee kyle

Dannys400ex
02-19-2005, 06:36 PM
you are out of your mind, there is no way you are going to beat a 4ooex with a blaster. its nearly impossible. go with the guys friend and get a good checkup at the doctor.........

dondiesel444
02-19-2005, 07:10 PM
dude I had a Blaster and it was the biggest POS quad I've ever had. there is no way in hell a Blaster could beat a 400ex, my Blaster was neck and neck with my Warrior and Warriors REALLY suck, not even in the same class as a 400ex. I've had Yamaha's but I'll never own one again.

crazyatvn
02-21-2005, 05:33 AM
what is up with this WhiteLakeMotors guy? he is the only one here that thinks a blaster will take a 400. Why is this guy in a 400ex forum if he does not own one? I thnk this guy is tring to make us 400exer's mad. I think he needs to go to a yamaha forum!

02-21-2005, 10:47 AM
um so u guys are just saying a 400ex would win just cuz its a honda site and i dont know a yamaha fourm

Sc_Wrestler
02-21-2005, 10:50 AM
why would u say that though...i dont own a 400ex but a z and i know for a fact the blaster would be left in the dust

I mean ur talking a 200fs to a 400ex???

blue416ex
02-21-2005, 11:00 AM
ok heres my spin on this subject i had a blaster with alot of money in it it had a 32 mm carb monstrous port job wiseco prolite piston or w/e and a procircuit piep air filter and all that it was quick as hell it would keep up with an ex and would come close to winning if you missed a gear or didnt beat it off the line yea it would win but if he doesnt have a ton and i mean A TON of money into it its not going to touch you ive wned a banshee too (LEMON) it couldnt even keep up with ex's my blaster was faster idk y the shee had money in it too nothing would make it fast now my 416 is the fastest bike ive ever owned so far :devil: and i would never even think that a blaster would beat a ex especially a near to stock one or bonestock wouldnt touch it anywhere on the holeshot or even close to the end of a race it would probably be about 5 bike lengths behind depending on the length of the strip probably more thou :D ;)

02-21-2005, 11:26 AM
yeah ur proble right but my old 1 beat them i had 2500 in to it the upgrades are here 2000 yamaha blaster 2004 front nose fmf powercore2 silencer fmf gold serise pipe 35mm kehin carb dg alloy nerf bars bored 80 over sand shark paddle tires dyno jet kit vitos reed spacer boyison reeds green frame and more

UglyMotha™
02-21-2005, 11:37 AM
:o cute had to throw the green frame in there, just how fast did that make your little blaster :rolleyes:

well next time we are up at silverlake i'll be sure to give you advance notice so you can be there and me and my buddies will be more than happy to repeatedly hand you your arse so we can put your cocky punk kid mouth to a rest :o

http://ohiomafiariders.com/images/silverlake/i.jpg

02-21-2005, 11:50 AM
it went around 60 65 depends the weather

Dannys400ex
02-21-2005, 01:41 PM
did it go any faster in the rain?

your an idiot.......

02-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Dannys400ex
did it go any faster in the rain?

your an idiot.......

lol hey buddy dont fricken call me an idiot maybe if you were faster then me you could but i would fricken put u to sham any where i could bet u with my raptor my banshee and maybe even my sportsman so if you want to talk trash to some1 find some1 who has a slower qaud you dumb fock

UglyMotha™
02-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by WhiteLakeMotors
lol hey buddy dont fricken call me an idiot maybe if you were faster then me you could but i would fricken put u to sham any where i could bet u with my raptor my banshee and maybe even my sportsman so if you want to talk trash to some1 find some1 who has a slower qaud you dumb fock

YOU ARE AN IDIOT :huh :rolleyes:

Dannys400ex
02-21-2005, 02:01 PM
take a spelling class before you try and talk trash...as for your raptor banshee and whatever else you can think of anytime....

and remember your still an idiot