PDA

View Full Version : Closing eyes :\

LazeR
02-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Wondering if anyone else does or has done this, and how you quit doing it!

When i jump i somehow subconsciously close my eyes! Which is not a good thing. So i besides from just keep jumping a small jump or what not what have you guys done to not do taht ? or am i the only one ? :grr: :mad:

02-18-2005, 12:13 AM
you know what, i would like to tell you if did also. But after every jump i cant remember being in the air:o . i go blank, its weird

LazeR
02-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by sEX
you know what, i would like to tell you if did also. But after every jump i cant remember being in the air:o . i go blank, its weird

thats EXACTLY! what i do, i figured its just closing my eyes subconsciously :ermm:

02-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
thats EXACTLY! what i do, i figured its just closing my eyes subconsciously :ermm:

i highly doubt i close my eyes tho:p i just go blank. even my brother goes blank after he hits jumps also

Mxjunkie
02-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Maybe you need a bigger jump so you remeber being in the air?? :confused:

LazeR
02-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Maybe you need a bigger jump so you remeber being in the air?? :confused:

I'll go hit a 80 footer and see how it is then :blah: For some reason i think i close my eyes, i dunno i'll figure it out so i remember and see it all!

UglyMotha™
02-18-2005, 08:53 AM
you guys are wierd :huh

bansheeguy77
02-18-2005, 08:58 AM
its probably because of fear. but either way thats not very good and i wouldnt recommend going big incase something goes wrong u wont know whats going on

nosliw
02-18-2005, 09:30 AM
i know it's completely stupid but sometimes when im bombing through the woods as night i will close my eyes just because i know i probably shouldn't......wierd

LazeR
02-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
its probably because of fear. but either way thats not very good and i wouldnt recommend going big incase something goes wrong u wont know whats going on

That could be the problem i don't know, i guess i am a lil scared because i havent jumped before but i guess i will start off smal and get it so i can keep my eyes open or whatever and just work up to bigger stuff, i consider myself a decent rider besides my jumping ability :o

Quad18star
02-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Close your eyes and hope to god you make it .:blah:

I've never closed my eyes .... I like to know exactly when I'm gunna land and smack my testies on the tank . :grr:

Quad18star
02-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by nosliw
i know it's completely stupid but sometimes when im bombing through the woods as night i will close my eyes just because i know i probably shouldn't......wierd

LMAO .... I've done that before also ... while driving my car . Not a smart thing to do though .... close your eyes for about 8 - 10 seconds while going 60 mph ..... it's a rush sometimes !!!! I don't recommend people try it though .:ermm:

02-18-2005, 12:33 PM
u m0f0z is crazy....when i jump my eyes are :eek2: and when im riding through the woods at night my eyes are :eek2: dont jump if you close your eyes

jvd182
02-18-2005, 01:01 PM
just do sominthing like a little freestyle move or somin so you have to look. The only time i close my eyes is when im crashing so i dont remember

LazeR
02-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Trust me i don't purposely close them!

bulkdriverlp
02-18-2005, 03:11 PM
use toothpics to hold em open.lol:macho

jonc623
02-18-2005, 04:29 PM
here is a good one that i know alot of people do and dont know it i used to concentrate so hard racing mx that i held my breath ( would actually forget to breathe ) took along time to break that

JDiablo
02-18-2005, 04:45 PM
wow if you close your eyes when your jumping your missing out on the best part!

bama400ex
02-18-2005, 05:51 PM
well i dont do it on a quad but i know what you are talking about. i use to do it alot when jumping off something kinda high in to the water. and im not scared of heights but as soon as my feet left the ground to leap off i would close my eyes. i finally got where i could hold them open but it took awhile. and i found out its alot worse to close your eyes like that. it just feels weird falling and not knowing how high you are.

WOracing
02-18-2005, 06:30 PM
i kind of know what you guys mean. i can remember being in the air but right off the face of the jump i blink... its really noticable but i dont think i close my eyes for the whole jump.

LazeR
02-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Well hopefully i'll find a nice jump tomorrow that isn't to crazy to get some practice on and i wont be closing my eyes anymore.. I figure if i concentrate on keeping them open hopefully i can keep em open :o

hardkoratvmxr
02-18-2005, 07:12 PM
i used to hold my breath until i almost blacked out racing and then i got scared i guess and dont hold my breath any more

LazeR
02-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
i used to hold my breath until i almost blacked out racing and then i got scared i guess and dont hold my breath any more

How do you forget to breathe lol!! I dunno which i rather do, not breathe or close my eyes :ermm: I think i'll just learn not to do both!

2002400ex
02-18-2005, 09:29 PM
I sometimes did this in football. Try your hardest to keep your eyes open cause u will be more aware of what is going on.

450Racer
02-18-2005, 09:37 PM
i close my eyes when i crash. however, i always get a real good look at the front bumper right before i close them. :scary:

Martin Blair
02-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by nosliw

same hear

Narly R
02-18-2005, 11:18 PM
I close my eyes while driving sometimes, or see how far I can go by looking in my rearveiw mirrow, or somthin. It makes driving more fun! Pick something out to look at when you jump, like a tree or something, and try to look at it when you jump, and see if you remember what it looks like maybe...:ermm:

LazeR
02-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Narly R
I close my eyes while driving sometimes, or see how far I can go by looking in my rearveiw mirrow, or somthin. It makes driving more fun! Pick something out to look at when you jump, like a tree or something, and try to look at it when you jump, and see if you remember what it looks like maybe...:ermm:

That sounds like a good idea, i was thinking about also trying to look down at my boot or fender or something, i think if i think about keeping them open i should be able to, or at least i hope so:ermm:

Scott-300ex
02-21-2005, 04:12 PM
«¦-£ǻźûЯ-¦» <--> Yoncalla officially sucks if you like to ride quads says:
dude i dont close myeyes!

I'm eating cake. says:
for the jump on exriders?

i used to close em subconsciously when i jumped!

I'm eating cake. says:
this guy on exriders said he closed his eyes when he jumped his quad

I'm eating cake. says:
oh, was that your thread?

lol that was me

I'm eating cake. says:
lmao

I'm eating cake. says:
eek:

lmao!

LazeR
02-21-2005, 05:10 PM
I was jumping earlier today, nothing big just a lil jump at my house but i had previously closed my eyes on it, i knew that i was closing them and i hit the jump and closed my eyes for a second but then i opened them!!!!! and then i hit it several times and never closed my eyes! im hoping i got it all worked out now!