PDA

View Full Version : Broken FMF Megemax, removal?

jmetteer
02-17-2005, 09:38 PM
My FmF Megamax silencer broke at the end of the stock header. Has anyone else had this happen? The silencer was on it when I got it and I have no idea how it is supposed to go on. It seems like it is a press fit, there is no clamp or anything. Since it broke at the end of the stock header I have nothing to grab on to and no leverage to try and twist it off.

I have tried heating what is left of the silencer pipe and I have not been able to get anywhere with it.

Any ideas? Someone has done this before I know it. Please help.

Later,

the yazer
02-18-2005, 06:24 AM
mine did the same thing.......... the pipe is just a slip fit no clamp it should just pull off. yours is just rusted i bet. just keep working it !and soon as you get it off go out and buy a different pipe cause that fmf mega-max pipe is crap and it will break many more times on you. trust me mine had to be welded 3 times in 3 different places.

jmetteer
02-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by the yazer
mine did the same thing.......... the pipe is just a slip fit no clamp it should just pull off. yours is just rusted i bet. just keep working it !and soon as you get it off go out and buy a different pipe cause that fmf mega-max pipe is crap and it will break many more times on you. trust me mine had to be welded 3 times in 3 different places.

Yeah, I noticed the Megamax is a POS. I am trying to find a stock one to use untill I have the funds for a new system. Stock can not be much worse than the megamax.

Witch system is the cheapest, the quietest and gives the best performace? That is my order of importance.

Thanks,