PDA

View Full Version : Quad MX--Iowa April 9th The Farm

QUADROOKIE
02-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Does anyone know of any "BiG" names that will be here racing this race wekend? Is it possible that any wellknown riders will race the MX on saturday, and/or the XC on sunday? Just curious.-----------------------------------------------------

And yes, Snowgasm and the Mo. boys are wellknown, but I'm talking "BIG NAMES";)

UbeenSmoked
02-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Maybe Nate Freeze will be there

Johnny & Monica
02-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Chance an Taylor will be there rolling out on the 90`s:devil: Chance is a big name spelled out with 6 letters:D

QUADROOKIE
02-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Chance an Taylor will be there rolling out on the 90`s:devil: Chance is a big name spelled out with 6 letters:D

:D Thats awesome!!! Funny chit!!!:D

burrows
02-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Bradley is bigger..7 letters lol.........mommab

the Z Man
02-21-2005, 05:36 PM
I heard that Riechtmier, Kunkel, The Karaidous crew, Shipley, Burns, Ellerbroek and Team TRXZ is all gonna be there.

QUADROOKIE
02-21-2005, 05:59 PM
:eek2: Cool!!!

Shawn H
02-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Im not sure Im even racing Sat, it will be a last minute descision.:(

I wonder if theres going to be heat races for qualifying and how many laps we running?

Also it says district cards required does that apply to the XC guys?

Also 4-11yr olds for 50cc thats just dumb, Im thinking thats an error since the 90cc is 9-15.

Christian will not be racing with any 11yr olds:(

How about some more info if ya got any?
Any prizes for the xc classes?Whats the Master of the farm award and how far do they award too>

the Z Man
02-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Andy was saying that its a 2 day event with 100% payback in A and senior class. he is going to total the points for the 2 days and that is what decides. not sure on the laps and heats. Should be a pretty good turn out.. Bob

Leschj03
03-12-2005, 06:06 PM
at The Farm MX track there is a seperate youth track that the little kids ride on!!!!!!

Hawk III
03-13-2005, 10:03 AM
does anybody know if they are going to have a practice day at the farm before the first race?

QUADROOKIE
03-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Hawk III
does anybody know if they are going to have a practice day at the farm before the first race?

They dont allow riding the track before the race for the XC races, but not sure on the sat. MX race. I know usually Dave has an open practice on thursdays for the bike guys, but dunno if he would let the quads practice then too or not. Prolly the best thing to do would be to email Andy at IATVHSS.COM and also Dave at THEFARMMX.COM and just ask them. Are you racing both days?

Hawk III
03-13-2005, 04:20 PM
i am racing the mx part for sure...if i can get my xc quad done in time i will be racing both....my original question was directed for the mx track.

UbeenSmoked
03-13-2005, 07:44 PM
u wont be getting a answer from dave at the farm cause he broke his back sunday riding so i doubt he will be answering any calls or emails. there will be a practice that day before the race were each class runs around the track to practice but its only 3 or 4 laps, but i doubt there will be any practice days before the day of the race

QUADROOKIE
03-13-2005, 08:27 PM
:eek: Dave broke his back?!?!?!? Dang!!! Thats too bad. I hope he will be ok.

Hawk III
03-14-2005, 08:46 AM
:(

ml450r
03-17-2005, 05:44 AM
How much is a district card. I have an Atva card but not a d-22 membership card. Flyer says you need one, anyone know?
Merrill

Shawn H
03-17-2005, 08:49 AM
I know ya dont need 1 for the XC races on Sunday but not sure on the Saturday XC MX races?

UbeenSmoked
03-17-2005, 07:37 PM
the district 22 cards are 20 0r 25 dollers. i was thinking i dont know if ur just going to race the xc classes if u will need ones cause i think it would kind of be a waste for out of state people just to spen that money and only use it once. that would be a question for Andy or Tracy.

i know u need a ATVA for the xc harescramble day

5valves
03-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by UbeenSmoked
the district 22 cards are 20 0r 25 dollers. i was thinking i dont know if ur just going to race the xc classes if u will need ones cause i think it would kind of be a waste for out of state people just to spen that money and only use it once. that would be a question for Andy or Tracy.

i know u need a ATVA for the xc harescramble day
Would an AMA card work?
We are thinking about doing some Iowa races this year.
whats the competion like? I race B-Vet in MHSC, and my budy races A class.
whats the +30 class like up there, I am guessing A class is about the same.

Thanks
Ryon

UbeenSmoked
03-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 5valves
Would an AMA card work?
We are thinking about doing some Iowa races this year.
whats the competion like? I race B-Vet in MHSC, and my budy races A class.
whats the +30 class like up there, I am guessing A class is about the same.

Thanks
Ryon

AMA is the same thing as ATVA. correct me if im wrong.
u should come up here great series. the compition is great i would say 150 or more people, not sure on numbers. +30 is a decent size class, and the A class is pretty good size.

5valves
03-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by UbeenSmoked
AMA is the same thing as ATVA. correct me if im wrong.
u should come up here great series. the compition is great i would say 150 or more people, not sure on numbers. +30 is a decent size class, and the A class is pretty good size.
Is the +30 a B class?
I would like to hear from some of the MHSC people to see how the classes compare?
Thanks
Ryon
MHSC #226

QUADROOKIE
03-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Is the +30 a B class?
I would like to hear from some of the MHSC people to see how the classes compare?
Thanks
Ryon
MHSC #226

Our classes are a little different than Mo.'s I think. The +30 is just that-plus 30. No restrictions on machine or experience(I dont think anyway) I would say that there are prolly usually about 15 quads in that class, especially with the +40 class this year, those should be fairly small classes. About 25-35 in B-class. C-class Id say will be over-full most races with about 50 or so give or take a few. And A class prolly about 15-20. There prolly needs to be 2 separate c classes od some sort, but time will tell on that issue. All the Mo. guys that come up here absolutely LOVE it!! We have a great bunch of people racing and running the series.
I may be off a tad on some of these num,bers, but Im sure someone will correct them for me!!:D

Varmit57
03-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Would an AMA card work? No, The District cards are in addition to that. If you want to race on Sat at The Farm you will need to buy a District card also, BUT any district card will do. For example if you live in IL and already have a District 17 card then that will work. If you don't have a District card then they have applications for D22 at the track and they are $20 a year. They will alow you to race in ANY district, at ANY track, that is recognized by the AMA.

QUADROOKIE
03-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Varmit57
No, The District cards are in addition to that. If you want to race on Sat at The Farm you will need to buy a District card also, BUT any district card will do. For example if you live in IL and already have a District 17 card then that will work. If you don't have a District card then they have applications for D22 at the track and they are $20 a year. They will alow you to race in ANY district, at ANY track, that is recognized by the AMA.

I think he was asking if the AMA card will work for the Harescramble race. Which I think the answer to that is yes. The only difference is that the AMA card doesnt specifically benefit ATV related legislation and so on and so forth. I was thinking on the original site it said must have an AMA OR ATVA card.

Varmit57
03-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
I think he was asking if the AMA card will work for the Harescramble race. Which I think the answer to that is yes. The only difference is that the AMA card doesnt specifically benefit ATV related legislation and so on and so forth. I was thinking on the original site it said must have an AMA OR ATVA card.

Sorry I missunderstood! :O

QUADROOKIE
03-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Varmit57
Sorry I missunderstood! :O

:D No problem! Its usually me that misunderstands, I just wanted to make sure he got all the info he wanted. But you explained the District rules as good as I have seen it explained. There have been alot of people asking how that all works It seems anyway.

5valves
03-17-2005, 09:35 PM
My AMA card worked for the GNCC races.
Sorry i race Bikes and quads. So my AMA card should work. If not i guess i wont go to Iowa.
It works just fine at all the other races i do. I am heading to arkansas this weekend to do a Blackjack Enduero race on the the two wheeler.
Ever ride at white rock????

QUADROOKIE
03-17-2005, 10:06 PM
My AMA card worked for the GNCC races.
Sorry i race Bikes and quads. So my AMA card should work. If not i guess i wont go to Iowa.
It works just fine at all the other races i do. I am heading to arkansas this weekend to do a Blackjack Enduero race on the the two wheeler.
Ever ride at white rock????

Yes it will work for the harescrambles, but not for MX. You will enjoy Iowa I guarantee!:D

burrows
03-17-2005, 10:12 PM
You mean if we come up to race Saturday, the day before the 1st Iowa race we have to buy a district card for $20 that we probably won't use the rest of the year? mommab

rpmquad
03-17-2005, 10:24 PM
momma b your local dist card will work for the mx race on sat...

QUADROOKIE
03-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by burrows
You mean if we come up to race Saturday, the day before the 1st Iowa race we have to buy a district card for $20 that we probably won't use the rest of the year? mommab

The way I understand it, that is correct...UNLESS Andy has made special provisions for the guys racing the "XC" MX class since it is a specially designed class for a one-time-only race, which would make more sense. Hopefully Andy will see this discussion and offer up the answer, or someone should prolly email him and get it clarified.

Or, if you have a district card from Mo. that will work too.;)

burrows
03-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by rpmquad
momma b your local dist card will work for the mx race on sat...

The only card we have to use down here is the ATVA card. mommab

rpmquad
03-17-2005, 10:38 PM
my bad lol

burrows
03-17-2005, 10:41 PM
my bad lol

Remember we do alot of camping at the Iowa races. Watch them doors at night time. You never know what the missouri guys and gals will do........are ya scared yet. lol mommab

Shawn H
03-18-2005, 09:30 AM
I also think that it would be very dumb for us XC guys to have to buy a District card even know I already have a D-23 card so Im good.

It would be such a total waste cuz it would not be used again. I know when I raced in District 17 they charged me 5bucks for a 1 day pass. Maybe they have them?

I hope everyone has there MX skills honed:D

Varmit57
03-19-2005, 01:16 AM
Yes Any District card will work for the MX race! Come in, Enjoy!

Also Did you guys see the artical about it in the May issue of ATV Sport! Great boost for Quads in the Midwest!

Shawn H
03-19-2005, 09:29 AM
I seen the article, Als 1 in Cycle USA I thought was cool too!!

If it as Muddy as last year I'm not racing the MX:grr:

QUADROOKIE
03-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Well it is very dry here right now, so we just have to pray it stays that way. Even if it doesnt rain a drop before then, you will still find mud down in the woods in places I am sure!:D

rpmquad
03-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by burrows
Remember we do alot of camping at the Iowa races. Watch them doors at night time. You never know what the missouri guys and gals will do........are ya scared yet. lol mommab

:grr: starting the head games already i see lol

burrows
03-19-2005, 08:32 PM
:grr: starting the head games already i see lol

wanna keep ya on your toes. Keep looking over your shoulder. You never know who is going to be there. lollllllll mommab

Shawn H
03-20-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
Well it is very dry here right now, so we just have to pray it stays that way. Even if it doesnt rain a drop before then, you will still find mud down in the woods in places I am sure!:D

Im not worried about mud for the XC race;) But the whole MX track was muddy last year:grr:

There were soome jumps ya could not clear due to know traction to get enough speed!

QUADROOKIE
03-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by snowgasm
Im not worried about mud for the XC race;) But the whole MX track was muddy last year:grr:

There were soome jumps ya could not clear due to know traction to get enough speed!

Oh I see. Well there are alot of jumps I can't clear even if its dry cuz I just aint got the nutzz to try anyway! But it will make for a beeter race to watch if its dry definately:D But if it is muddy, then those new tires should help me out a bunch!;)

Shawn H
03-20-2005, 08:53 AM
lol
Thats the only reason I still have them was for this race but not no more:cool:

Did you guys get any snow from that last storm Friday?

QUADROOKIE
03-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Haha! I can hit some of the 30 foot table tops or step ups on the "play" tracks, but thats about it. Naw, we didnt see a drop of snow or rain down here. They are talkin some chances tthroughout this week, but who knows. I am sure it will be muddy as all hell for the race.:(

the Z Man
03-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Well guys,, here they are!!! FINALLY. Iowa stickers for your truck or trailer, I have white and black..
White ones are 10 bucks and the black ones are 15, they are about 28 inches in length and a foot tall, you can also cut them to be one length, say for like across the windshield.
Just pm me or email me at bobcatrojo@aol.com

the Z Man
03-20-2005, 09:49 AM
and the Trailer ones

the Z Man
03-20-2005, 09:51 AM
here is the truck one in my window...

UbeenSmoked
03-20-2005, 12:12 PM
i would love to get one but i have no were to put it, my truck has the slider thing in the rear window, so those wouldnt work for mine?

the Z Man
03-20-2005, 05:34 PM
You can cut it so it goes on your windshield across the front of your truck, :D

Hawk III
03-23-2005, 02:49 PM
hey Z...whats a sponcor? :p

the Z Man
03-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Sponcor sponcer sponcir sponcur ? I suck at spelling, but you can be one if ya want,,lol:D