PDA

View Full Version : Help With Truck Exhaust

Jingle 11
02-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi i got a 89 gmc 1500 with a 5.7 in er. I got flowmasters on it. I have been wanting to take the catalytic converter off of it for some more sound. I saw these things called test pipes. They have flanges welded on them and everything and all i would have to do is weld it up. I cant find one for my truck. do they make them for trucks or is there an easier way to take the cat off?

Jingle 11
02-17-2005, 08:00 PM
b to the ump

Honda4trax250x
02-17-2005, 08:09 PM
just ditch the cat and slowmasters and run straight pipes:macho

HiperEX
02-17-2005, 11:29 PM
tip just gut the cat and sick a pice of straight pipe through and weld it up , so then if ya get pulled over and they check for a cat you still got one:devil:

dn1911
02-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by HiperEX
tip just gut the cat and sick a pice of straight pipe through and weld it up , so then if ya get pulled over and they check for a cat you still got one:devil:

actually a very good idea.

please don't run straits, they sound horrible in the upper RPM.

cut them off in front of the cat. then measure the pipe and head to an exhaust chop and ask for a peice of pipe the same diameter with an expanded slip fit on one end and a slightly compressed fit on the other end. use this peice to replece the cat.

i was able to use some peices from Meijer/Autoparts stores to do my last truck. it helpd if you or a friend has a welder to weld it up tight for no leaks.