PDA

View Full Version : digital video cameras

ny300exrider
02-17-2005, 06:44 PM
ok so i really want to start getting into filming and editing movies. I think the whole editing and filming factor looks really fun and i think i would enjoy it. I take photography in school and shoot 35mm pics but would love to start making some riding movies. Now for all of you people who film, what is a good entry level camera that is pretty basic, low in price, but will take ok looking footage. Im kind of partial to sony and canon since my mom bought a jvc dvm90 a couple years ago and broke right after the warrenty ran out. Im pretty tight on money since i have alot of different things going on involving saving $. If you have any clips online, itd be great if you could post them and tell me what camera you used so i can get an idea of what it looks like. Thanks for the help

T.Hopp
02-17-2005, 07:26 PM
My set up is:
Camera - Sony TRV38 Mini DV
Helmet Cam- Sony CCD PVS 6 PRO (sportzshot.com)
Computer- Dell w/speed and LOTS of hard drive.
Program- Pinnacle Studio version 9

My suggestion for starting out.
Get the best Mini DV camera you can afford.
Buy a .7 zoom lens. This is a wide angle lens.( Adds depth to film.)
When filming, stay out of harms way but get close to the subject.
Use flowing movement while following the subject. To fast of movement will make you want to throw-up as you watch it on tv.
Be creative and have fun. Try different filming angles. If you can't hear the bike you are filming it will tend to be boring. Hope this helps!