PDA

View Full Version : Fuel That Makes Power...

Maryland 400EX
05-03-2002, 09:55 AM
I've read many threads on this site concerning what gains would be had with race fuel. The fact of the matter is that unless you're running a high compression motor you're wasting money. The object is to run the LOWEST octane gas you can without detonation. This will provide you with the best performance. Now, with that said, I want to introduce you to a fuel that I burn in my Hayabusa which I've seen produce more power on a dyno. It's called Nutec. Nutec is an oxygenated fuel rated at 90 octane that costs roughly $7/ gallon. With my Hayabusa on the dyno I produced 207 Rear Wheel Horsepower with 94 octane Sunoco. Later, I drained the tank and put the Nutec in straight and yielded 215 RWHP... The bike has 13:1 compression which isn't all that high but what I'm getting at is that this gas is the real deal. I have yet to put it in the 400 EX but I will shortly. I know, $7 a gallon is awful high but if on a particular weekend you want to try and keep up with the Banshees and Raptors of the world, this will help. Nutec has a website on the net... Check it out.

mikeboone
05-04-2002, 11:03 AM
Wow, you have quite a collection of rides. Do you have any pics? I like the Turbo Supras--even in stock form they are fast.

Maryland 400EX
05-04-2002, 08:24 PM
I just got a new set of 19" rims for the Supra... I'll get a pic soon.

Breyon55
05-05-2002, 01:47 AM
a 215 hp hayabusa huh.....hmmmmmmm...whats it run? Im not into much of the drag scene but here in northern cali(bay area) stunt riding has really taken off..I ride a 02 R1...bike is amazing..if u want check out our web page
http://www.sbfreaks.com
if you have fast internet, check out the videos
Brian:D

Chef
05-05-2002, 01:51 AM
13:1 isnt very high? then what is high? Check this supra out\/

Breyon55
05-05-2002, 02:01 AM
god those r ugly cars........i dont get why american kids are buyin imports sinkin 25k into them and only running 12's or 13's..when u can buy a domestic sink 6 grand into it and run 10's?

Woodsrider
05-05-2002, 09:03 AM
That car would look better in a different paint. that metal flake looks cheap. Like a 70's SoCal lowrider:blah :blah
I like this better!\/

RideRed04
05-05-2002, 01:59 PM
I hate supras. I am sorry, but I dont see the draw to them. $50,000 gets you a z06 vette, and that comes factory with 415 hp. How much do you have into your supra?

05-05-2002, 03:50 PM
I dont care what any of u say that is one of the tighest cars i've ever seen!:cool:

phatswinn
05-05-2002, 05:35 PM
:huh wooow:huh

68 mustang gt will do you the same exept is way more fun to drive.. nothin like good old american muscle!
and if ya want way faster think about a 70' mustang mach1 with a cobra jet under the hood, it looks beter too

400exRacerX
05-05-2002, 08:28 PM
Yeah man 13:1 is pretty high for a gasoline motor.

Maryland 400EX
05-06-2002, 09:30 AM
Yea, Supras have a look that either you love or you hate. Yea, the Supras are a hot commodity right now with the release of Fast and the Furious movie and all... In my humble opinion, the Supra is a phoenominal car in terms of performance potential. The motor is super stout and the stock block has been proven to withstand 800 RWHP without modifications. In my case, I make a lillte over 550 RWHP at 26 psi boost which is typical for Supras with aftermarket turbo kits. My best time at the strip was a 11.42@ 126 mph and there is more. I could run 30 psi boost and get another tenth or two but I have 110K miles and don't want to chance killing my ride. As for cost, I bought my '95 Supra in '97 for 27K then spent about 12K for performance items( Turbo kit, intercooler, boost controller, fuel management, etc.) and another 4K in rims (19X10.5) so I've spent a few dollars. I could have just went out and got a Z06 instead but I'd be down on HP, not to mention the fact that every Tom, Dick and Harry has a C5 body style Vette. In regards to the bike, it makes 215 RWHP and I've been 9.30's @ 153 mph. My time could be better but I don't frequent the track the way I should so I'm not as sharp as I should be. The 13:1 compression is the highest ratio recommended for the street and I do cruise Georgetown and other places where traffic is a problem and the motor sits quite alot. I'm still trying to get my camera set up for pics at this time.

JustRace
05-06-2002, 09:51 AM
I'm just a fan of sports cars. I really love the F-body. I like some foreign cars just not the ones that are all show and no go (RICE). Some one in my small town has recently gotten a red 3000GT-VR4. Now thats a nice car.

Sidenote:
You know the white Jetta from The Fast and The Furious? Franky Muniz (the kid from malcom in the middle) bought that car for 100,000 dollars. No Joke.

Maryland 400EX
05-06-2002, 06:46 PM
A $100,000 Jetta? Was that kid sniffin' glue? He must have bumped his freakin' head! Damn... All of a sudden I don't feel so bad about my poor spending habits...

whiteknuckle
05-06-2002, 06:49 PM
come on guys i know were guys but isnt this a quad site??? lol anyway i run93 octane from my local bp and add octane booster i get this package of four canasteres for ten bucks! its great cause the canaster fit in the tool kit tube and for not too much money im running almost 100 octane and i believ it helps i would at least run the highest you can find at the pump yeah maybe its unnescesary but the higher the octane the cleaner the motor stays as well not all that junk in the gas and higher octane gives me better mileage in my car so i figure it does the same in my quad too!

whiteknuckle
05-06-2002, 07:03 PM
oh yeah guys as far as cras go that friggin car on gone in sixty seconds! what was it a 67 shelby mustang gt 350 four cam or something that car has got to be the baddest *** mother ive ever seen i would give my left testicle for that damn ride! **** thats a pretty machine!

Maryland 400EX
05-06-2002, 07:12 PM
Speaking of testicles, you'll need two big ones to handle this baby through the quarter mile. Here's my roadburner...

EricB
05-07-2002, 07:55 PM
god damn thats a nice supra! my dream car hehe. i love that car. as far as people knocking imports, yea most imports are ****ing stupid (all hondas imo) only imports i like that are fast are mitsu 3kgt vr4s and supras. you gotta do a lot to get the 3kgts lighter and their whole drivetrain is pretty weak. just save up and get a supra, lots faster and way easyer to squeez hp outa, plus its a friggin yota.