PDA

View Full Version : will new shocks give less body roll?

maxamillion
02-17-2005, 04:07 PM
For all you guys with aftermarket front shocks did you notice if your shocks helped get rid of the body roll when you go around fast corners. I have the stockers on my 400ex and was curious if aftermarket shocks would help cut down on this. I know they would help over the rough stuff but I would like to find out if they help prevent body roll. I mostly ride aggressive woods and fields. I would consider PEP limited mass w/ rear rebuild and Elka piggybacks w/ rear rebuild.

Thanks

Out_Sider
02-17-2005, 05:50 PM
i dont think ive ever heard of body roll on a quad? have you tried leanin inwards while turnin aggressively?

maxamillion
02-17-2005, 06:55 PM
i think it may just be how this certain trail throws me. Yea i lean through the turn but the way the trail is laid it is just kind of awkward when you hit it going at a faster speed. I really only notice it in that one section. thanks for the reply

Dust_1503
02-18-2005, 12:10 PM
There is body roll with a quad if you go into a corner and feel the front end dive that is part of body roll, it has to do with the center of gravity your quad has, and the stiffness of your shocks. What you might want to do is stiffen your front shocks that will help prevent that. Aftermarket shocks would def. have a big help with that. IMO shocks are the best mod you can buy for a quad.