PDA

View Full Version : Quad washing and decals!

balls2da-wall
02-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Alright everytime I go wash my quad whether its a home with a hose or at the car wash my sponsor stickers always seem to come off...anyway to solve this? I also have white plastic which is a pain to keep from staining...and tips on that too?

muddy400EX
02-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by balls2da-wall
Alright everytime I go wash my quad whether its a home with a hose or at the car wash my sponsor stickers always seem to come off...anyway to solve this? I also have white plastic which is a pain to keep from staining...and tips on that too?

thats wierd cuz ive never had mine fall off. maybe just dont get so close to the stickers:confused:

400Rider022
02-17-2005, 05:17 PM
if ur using a powerwasher dont get so close to them cuz thatll take em right off

Out_Sider
02-17-2005, 05:54 PM
i take me a SOS pad and take it to the stains on white plastic, white plastic is the EASIEST to keep clean man, just scrub your *** off gettin the stains out, but only scrub the stains, and dont go so crazy with the pressurewasher on the plastic and your stickers will stay on

MX174
02-17-2005, 06:48 PM
on the side panels on my old race bike i used comet with bleach. look like new

vtwoodsrider
02-19-2005, 07:26 AM
for the stickers i buy some clear vinyl and put that over the stickers. its the same thickness as your number plate backgrounds. it works great i pressure wash my quad all the time and it never peels. as for the plastic i used to have a drz400 dirtbike with a white tank which showed dirt really bad. i used simple green and a soft bristle auto detail brush (looks like one you clean your finger nails with) to scrub the stain/ scratches filled with dirt then just rinse off. worked great i also clean my white tech8 boots like this

project R
02-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Use brake cleaner on those stubborn stains in the white plastics, works great.;)

balls2da-wall
02-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by MX174
on the side panels on my old race bike i used comet with bleach. look like new

Comet with bleach? Last time I checked that produced harmful vapors:D

RideRed250ex
02-20-2005, 01:02 AM
If you power wash spray it DIRECTLY on the decal like at a 90 degree angle. Don't spray at one from the side that is what peels it off. At least thats what i always do and mine are still on there... Don't have white plastics but everyone else seemed to answer that question...

balls2da-wall
02-20-2005, 10:46 AM
well ive even washed it with just a garden hose at home and certain stickers seem to come off real easy!!! I guess im just going to have to wash around them then hand wash the stickers.