PDA

View Full Version : Alabama

Dave310R
05-03-2002, 09:28 AM
Somebody told me that there is a good place to ride somewhere south of Birmingham called "The Bowl". All the info I have is that it is near Brantleyville, AL. somewhere off county road 260. Does anybody know where it is exactly? Is it private or public land? What kind of riding is it? Will you be shot at ? (hopefully not) Any info would be helpful.

05-06-2002, 03:54 PM
Here are the directions that I made, they are from I-65 you should be able to trace the roads in any atlas or map. I will be up there this Saturday (May 11). It has been open to the public as long as we've been going (approx. one and a half years).
From I-65 going north take Exit 238:
Go left on Hwy 31;
Go left onto 119 at first light, should immediately cross RR tracks;
Travel approx 1 mile and cross another set of RR tracks;
Travel approx 1 more mile and turn right on Hwy 26;
Travel 5-10 miles until 26 ends on 17;
Turn right on 17;
Travel about the distance of 1-2 city blocks;
Turn left 270;
Veer left on 260, cross RR tracks;
Pavement ends on gravel road that leads into the bowl.
Email me if you want to hook up and ride with us, there is a lot of area to explore. jgardner@sydee.net

05-13-2002, 09:27 AM
man yall should come ride at kentuck. its south of oxford alabama. its gotta be the best place to ride in the southeast. its goes all over the bottom of cheaha mountain, which is the biggest mountain in alabama.there are miles and miles and miles and miles of trails. i go there every weekend. people come from out of state just to come ride here.

05-13-2002, 09:42 AM
You're right that place is pretty cool. We went there for a day once after riding in the bowl. It rained the night before so there was alot of mud, but the trails were great. One thing I noticed however, is that the people weren't very friendly. No waving, no getting out of the way for faster quads, no stopping to help or talk. Whats up with that? Other than the people, it is an excellent place to ride.

07trx400ex
02-07-2008, 04:53 PM
those were probably the out of staters i ride there all most every weekendd when it is open closed from jan1 to april 1 i think and most of the local people are very nice would be better if they were 1 way trails though can get a little hairy sometimes lol but other than that it is hard to find a trail system in the area that can compete

250R
02-11-2008, 07:54 AM
You used to could ride from the Hoover met to the bowl, all pipeline riding. Much, much more riding than Kentuck could offer, I do not kow if you can still do it due to new house construction f'king it all up. It was an all day deal........

You used to could ride off I-65S (or N., depending on direction), before you would begin coming into Birmingham, it was also Pipeline/trail type riding. You could see the parking area right off the interstate.

Birmingham had the BEST riding I have done and I have been all over the southeast. This was back in the late 80s and into the late 90s. I do not think there is much left now.

brandonpeake
02-11-2008, 12:16 PM
i think most of the bowl is off limits,
1- the trails from the met to the bowl have been destroyed due to housing, i have heard some say the bowl is ok but they also said they would just outrun the guard,
the ridge is pretty good near springville,
pm me and ill give you some more info riding a little north of b'ham

JM317
03-21-2008, 01:48 PM
If anyone from AL is interested, me and a bunch of people are riding at Wilborn's ATV Trails in Hanceville tomorrow (3/22/08) I ride a KTM and there's several other sport atv's, possibly a couple utes.