PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Dune/Sand Fest

BigDon
05-03-2002, 08:10 AM
Just heard about something called the Oregon Dune Fest (Others have referred to is as Oregon Sand Fest).

I understand it's sometime in August this year? Anyone gone to this event before? Any stories / experiences you care to share?

Thanks!

Don

CBW
05-03-2002, 08:19 AM
i been there!!! for sand fest in 2000,,,,,,,,,, And man was it a haul from colorado.......ne way it was a blast...just make sure to take some sweat shirts or light jackets...i dont know where you are coming from but there it gets chilly when that evening fog rolls in,,,and the days are only about 65 i think...or at least it was when we were there...

Matter of fact my wife and kids got in a shot of the show and shine contest that was in sand sport mag........

id say go.....i would if i had the time this year......about 30k people and who knows how many trikes, rails, jeeps, ,,and quads the year i went ,,,,,,oh at and the discovery point campgorund you can hear that sounding bell to tell the ships where the coast is or whatever,,,,,,,,,after a while you get used to it and it was hard to go to sleep without it when we left..........LOL,,,,,,,,,

EricB
05-04-2002, 03:26 PM
yeah oregon coast gets cold at night, tons of people goto sand fest, not really a family environment i'd say though...

brokenbones
05-05-2002, 07:40 AM
we have been going even before they change the name it is a blast but it does get kind of crazy down at winchester thats why we stay at driftwood and ride at florence and on friday and saturday we drive the 45 minutes to winchester just to see the more dollars then sense quads and buggys also we do take are kid and all of my friends take theres so i think it is still a family event

broken bones
build them fast or stay at camp

CBW
05-05-2002, 08:09 AM
we had our family there,,,,,,,and met some other really nice families also...........and like you said brokenbones,,,there sure quite a few of the "more dollars than sense" items also. Since our quads are set up for mostly trail riding i think we were the only ones running skid plates :D :D

rc3
05-05-2002, 10:15 AM
It'd pretty good, you should check it out sometime. Lots of cool machines there. People who don't care how much money they blow.

BigDon
05-06-2002, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the information...

I can leave the house and be riding at South Jetti (Florence) in 2 hours, so I'll have to give it a try this year.

I found this web site that has all the information if anyone is interested.

http://www.winchesterbay.org/dunefest.html

BigDon