PDA

View Full Version : Goggles and tearoffs

maynard22
02-17-2005, 11:16 AM
I have just a plain pair of Scott goggles and I am starting to race this weekend and I am afraid it is going to get muddy, do the tearoffs work on any goggles or do you have to have a special kind of goggles? Dumb question maybe, but I don't want to have to buy a whole set of goggles if I don't have to.:confused: :devil: :devil:

300ex13
02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
if u have like little "posts" on the side of the goggle then u can get tearoffs but if not then no tearoffs...u may hafta get a new set

shamisc
02-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Depending on the model of the goggles you have, you can buy a replacement lens with tear-off post on them for $5-$6.

MXracer16
02-17-2005, 02:24 PM
While where on the same topic, what are your guys opinions on roll offs. I also would like to know how they work compared to the very simple tear offs.

XANDADA
02-17-2005, 02:28 PM
I've never tried roll-offs but I think tear offs suck ***. Mine always get water and mud inbetween the layers and I end up tearing them all off and I'm back to wiping them as I ride...

spudss
02-17-2005, 02:31 PM
I have a buddy that has the roll-offs and I thought they were sweet.. It clears a spot in the middle of the lens and one quick pull and your good to go.. We were riding in slop and I could not see out of mine most the time and he was rolling his off like nothing.. I would like to have a set if I wasnt sponsored by another company...But this company doesnt offer them..

CannondaleRider
02-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Roll offs are nice.

With tear-offs, you can only get to about six and your vision starts getting unclear and kinda distorted. But with roll offs, you never deal with multiple layers, pull a string and your good.