PDA

View Full Version : 300ex suspension choice

ben41884
02-17-2005, 09:41 AM
I've got a 300ex and i want to improve the suspension so it doesnt bottom out all the time. I wont be able to afford a 450r for a long while so im making do. Ive read and read about the 400ex a-arm conversion and I know about the pros and cons of it. That is not an issue, its the whole shock relocation part im worried about. I dont have much confidence in that peice of metal to withstand some big jumps. Basically i need more travel combined with better shocks. So, 300ex burgard +2+1 with stock length works shocks. Or 400ex stuff with works 400ex shocks?......with the burgard/works...i think id still bottom out though.
let me know your opinions...thanks

bradley300
02-17-2005, 10:01 AM
i would not go with the 400ex stuff, if youve read the threads, then you prolly know i'm one of the big addvocats against it because i have spent MY time and THEQUADSHOP has spent thier time studying diferent set ups and the 400ex is the worst. i do belive american star is making LT a-arms now for a 300ex, they use a 16.5 inch shock.

you will always bottom your shocks, if you dont, then you dont have them set up right. they need to bottom lightly on the biggest jump o the track. plus 3 burgaurds with works would be a good set up. plus 2's work, but for mx, i think plus 3's would work better