PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good everyday riding pant?

Foxyangel0425
02-17-2005, 05:47 AM
What would be a good everyday just regular riding pants? We are looking into getting my hubby a pair but don't know what kind to look at. We typically just ride trails and such in PA and Ohio.

:p

thomps6s
02-17-2005, 06:27 AM
I just bought a pair of Shift Recon pants. I love them. They are the over the boot "freestyle" style and they are very comfortable. Oh yeah, they have two zip pockets, one on each side.

XANDADA
02-17-2005, 06:56 AM
I got some Thor "over the boot style" riding pants at the Akron/Clev Honda dealer off of 271 for $50 a pair. They work great and are much more comfortable than the mx style...

atvmx14
02-17-2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by thomps6s
I just bought a pair of Shift Recon pants. I love them. They are the over the boot "freestyle" style and they are very comfortable. Oh yeah, they have two zip pockets, one on each side.

Yeah I have the recon pants as well I like them alot.. Alot of the company's now are making them so you can zip them off just above the knee. So they become shorts.

thomps6s
02-17-2005, 07:12 AM
That is my only problem with them, i wish i would have bought the style that zip off into shorts, it is nice to zip them open a little ways so that cool air will go in the pants when riding on a hot day.

oldschool
02-17-2005, 07:30 AM
I prefer Troy Lee or AXO, both good quality and comfort.
I have a set of 02 Troy Lee gear that i have beatebn to death, no rips or worn through spots in the knees etc, great buy i feel.
they are pricey, but if they last a few years, it is better than buying 3 pair of cheap pants.

Thump_It
02-17-2005, 12:32 PM
I got the Shift Squadron pants. I like them alot, they have lots of zipper pockets and the legs zip off at the knees into shorts. They are sorta spendy but I feel they are well worth it.

brian-250
02-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Levis blue jeans.:macho

Foxyangel0425
02-17-2005, 04:58 PM
We are going to go to state 8 to look at some pants...everytime he rides his craptor the pant leg gets burnt up (sorry can't spell)....we had rain pants than he had those work out gear pants kind of sweat pants thing..anyways :D Those all burned up so we need good pants that won't burn on the engine when he rides. Will those pants you all bought work?

TM426
02-17-2005, 05:16 PM
I like the Shift recons. They are much cooler then my MX style shift pants. You get a nice breeze up your pants with the recons:D . I wish I got the ones that zip off though.

MXracer16
02-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Does he have motocross boots? If he doesn't I would get those first. Then you wont burn your pants as easily. I have the 04 Thor phase pants, there really comfortable and plenty cool. Id recommend them.

kicken250x
02-17-2005, 07:35 PM
i rock the big haggard stiff dickies. wear them out on one good muddy ride and get them broke in and theyre the best pants youll ever ride in! thats pretty much all i wear anymore theyre the best

dunnonuttin
02-18-2005, 05:56 AM
i like my FLY style 303. as many times as ive taken the dirt, they are still holding up really good. them damn paramedics cut my last pair off:cuss:

HiperEX
02-18-2005, 09:16 AM
yah why not just wear blue jeans and keep the race pants to the races

thomps6s
02-18-2005, 09:30 AM
I rode jeans and whatever pants i had lying around for a year and I just got the Shift Recon Pants. I would never go back to riding with jeans again. Ridingpants are more comfortable and with a good pair of riding boots they just give you a better feeling of protection. Just my $.02

XANDADA
02-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Unless your putzin around the back yard, I don't see how anyone can wear jeans:huh They got absolutely no stretch in the material at the knees or thighs..:ermm:

dunnonuttin
02-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
Unless your putzin around the back yard, I don't see how anyone can wear jeans:huh They got absolutely no stretch in the material at the knees or thighs..:ermm: i wear jeans at the track when i practice and i sure as hell aint putzing around the backyard. pants leg gets hung in the sprocket alot but thats what i have rubber bands for

BLEEDRED
02-18-2005, 10:50 AM

IMO, the best!!! Love 'em. They have heat resistant material on the inside of the right leg about to the knee.

Foxyangel0425
02-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by MXracer16
Does he have motocross boots? If he doesn't I would get those first. Then you wont burn your pants as easily. I have the 04 Thor phase pants, there really comfortable and plenty cool. Id recommend them.

No he doesn't have that type of boot he has the hunting boots that are really tall and water proof.

Foxyangel0425
02-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by BLEEDRED
IMO, the best!!! Love 'em. They have heat resistant material on the inside of the right leg about to the knee.

Thats what he needs....cause he is always burning his pants on the motor...they didn't make the craptor very well :(

BLEEDRED
02-18-2005, 11:01 AM
they didn't make the craptor very well

You can always tell him to sell the Craptor and RIDE RED!!!

Flynbryan19
02-18-2005, 11:52 AM
He's always gonna melt his pants till he gets some riding boots if its anymore than above his calf. Your best bet is to get a heat shield to mount on the pipe. The stock pipe comes with one as do most(but not all) aftermarket headers. I've melted riding pants before on the pipe when I had two-stroke dirtbikes.

Nausty
02-18-2005, 01:20 PM
The shift pants i got are freekin tough!!!! They havne been threw hell and back and still are decent shape. Few holes along my boot buckles but thats all.

Foxyangel0425
02-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by BLEEDRED
You can always tell him to sell the Craptor and RIDE RED!!!

He was riding red a 97 300 piece of BEEEEPPPPP and he sold that to his buddy and got a craptor instead He likes to ride fast so thats why he opted for a "faster bike" and he didn't want to be like the guys at work all with 400's etc. At least i can say i ride red. :cool:

Foxyangel0425
02-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
He's always gonna melt his pants till he gets some riding boots if its anymore than above his calf. Your best bet is to get a heat shield to mount on the pipe. The stock pipe comes with one as do most(but not all) aftermarket headers. I've melted riding pants before on the pipe when I had two-stroke dirtbikes.

Hmm, thanks for the advice. We will have to look into that. I think we have some header installation from our 61 Falcon still left over maybe he can put that on the pipes.