PDA

View Full Version : 770 Craptor

02REDEXRIDER
05-03-2002, 07:26 AM
i haer there is a 770 raptor kit now. it's sad that a 660 can barely outrun a 400 EX (with a good rider) but they have to go to 770 cc's to hang with a 440 or a 416 if honda made the 750 EX like in the April issue of dirt wheels(by the way that was a mean trick)nuthin could touch it.:blah

Sparkles
05-03-2002, 08:40 AM
umm yeesss

JustRace
05-03-2002, 08:52 AM
02REDEXRIDER,
You really have no clue do you? The 770 kit is not built to run against the 440 or 416. Its built to run against the Sparks 690 (really 686) Raptors and the KNUTZ DS650's. The only EX's that those built DS650's and Raptors have to worry about are the really built ones like Alky472's 480cc EX and ChadEXer's TC505 (once he gets it back :D ).

BADASSBOMB
05-03-2002, 12:02 PM
i was about to say the same thing JustRace. the big bore 4 strokes are bad *** nowadays .

05-03-2002, 03:32 PM
if you read the march 2002 issue of 4 wheel atv action youll see the raptor beat the ex by 10mph on top end and also had faster 1/8 mile drag time. the kicker was the banshee whoopinn both with its antique design from the 80's.

its not that the raptor needs a770 kit its that all us speed freaks love making our bike flat out haul.honda needs to wake up and offer some pure unadulterated hp. right now they have the best handling bar none but if you ex rider want out of my dust youll have to get a lot more engine or go buy a yamaha:square

stick that in your crack pipe and smoke it!

honda350r
05-03-2002, 10:08 PM
Yeah,I get my info from Dirt Wheels too..............!

05-04-2002, 12:41 AM
Ya but can you keep that Banshee in the band in TIGHT woods? I mean really tight woods none of them 4th gear pinned woods. Woods like 1st and 2nd gear wheelin' over logs and rocks? I tried it and it was so much easier and funner on a 400EX Just my .2

ChadEXer
05-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by JustRace
02REDEXRIDER,
You really have no clue do you? The 770 kit is not built to run against the 440 or 416. Its built to run against the Sparks 690 (really 686) Raptors and the KNUTZ DS650's. The only EX's that those built DS650's and Raptors have to worry about are the really built ones like Alky472's 480cc EX and ChadEXer's TC505 (once he gets it back :D ).
If I ever get mine back:( I should get it in about 3 more weeks! After I break it in Im going straight to the dyno at Highlifter in Shreveport,LA !!!

bluebaron
05-06-2002, 09:26 PM
if honda made the 750 EX like in the April issue of dirt wheels(by the way that was a mean trick)nuthin could touch it.:blah [/B][/QUOTE]

wtf is up with people wiinng becouse there was false artilcal in dw. there is 1 every year. i mean u a pretty stupid if you though that was true. i nuw it wasnt true before i even opend the front cover

ChadEXer
05-07-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by banshee_ex07
if honda made the 750 EX like in the April issue of dirt wheels(by the way that was a mean trick)nuthin could touch it.:blah

wtf is up with people wiinng becouse there was false artilcal in dw. there is 1 every year. i mean u a pretty stupid if you though that was true. i nuw it wasnt true before i even opend the front cover [/B][/QUOTE]
Step back chief:grr he didnt say he thought it was true,,he said he wished it was true.

WyoDuner
05-07-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Honda4hundredEX
Ya but can you keep that Banshee in the band in TIGHT woods? I mean really tight woods none of them 4th gear pinned woods. Woods like 1st and 2nd gear wheelin' over logs and rocks? I tried it and it was so much easier and funner on a 400EX Just my .2

Yes, we get it already. The 400ex is great in the tight woods. Thanks for letting us all know that. What a friggin revelation!!!
Now I feel as though I know all things about all ATVs. Whew!!!

Oh, by the way, there are a few other machines that do real well in the tight woods. Especially those that have liquid cooling and fans. Some examples would be: Any utility quad almost, 300ex, Warrior, Raptor, a lot of Polaris quads, Mojave, ...

RideRed04
05-07-2002, 11:46 AM
No mortal 400ex will keep up with that raptor. 70ish hp and a 24 hp nitro boost on top of that? Think a lil here buddy. The reason the raptor is slow(er) is because it is highly restricted. I dislike yamaha, but I am not blind to the facts.

4punksdad
05-07-2002, 06:06 PM
I ride with raptors and banshees and many other kinds of quads and I don't eat much dust. I can tell you this, there is no need for us to neglect the fact that there are VERY few places to open these bikes up. Why argue top speed???? just strap on your helmet & jump in line. I don't care what brand you ride or how fast you think you are. You will have a chance to tell me all about it the first time I decide to pull over for a break. Until then.............its a high speed game of follow the leader through the woods, nothing more. now, can we all play nice?

WyoDuner
05-08-2002, 09:05 AM
4punksdad, that's not really true. Remember that you live on the East coast which is mainly woods and trails and not a lot of high speed places or areas that NEED high horsepower.

For those on the West coast we have the woods and trails but most people I know ride with are sand duners where high horsepower and high speed rule and handling is secondary.

I lived in NJ, NY and CT and rode all of thise areas on my Warrior and was perfectly happy with what it had to offer; like you said there aren't a lot of places to really open it up anyway.

Now that I live in Wyoming my Warrior sits in my garage and almost never gets ridden except by my wife. I'm on the Banshee 99.9% of the time. Heck, I even ride my Banshee to work or the grocery store since I am street legal here.

The point is this: Don't forget that this is a big country with all kinds of terrain to ride in. Don't think that everybody rides the same stuff as you do. Out East 4 strokes are the standard, out West 2 strokes and big bores are the standard.

Zero Z400
05-08-2002, 09:55 AM
Thats sweet your street legal!! Wyoming it where i want to live. What did you have to do to get street legal? (tires, who did u talk to, etc.) I can't wait, in 4 years when i'm outta highschool, i'll be at Wyotech.

Later

05-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by WyoDuner

Yes, we get it already. The 400ex is great in the tight woods. Thanks for letting us all know that. What a friggin revelation!!!
Now I feel as though I know all things about all ATVs. Whew!!!

What he said.haha

WyoDuner
05-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by zero
Thats sweet your street legal!! Wyoming it where i want to live. What did you have to do to get street legal? (tires, who did u talk to, etc.) I can't wait, in 4 years when i'm outta highschool, i'll be at Wyotech.
Later

Zero, it's pretty simple here you need insurance and get registration and plates. You need headlights, taillights, breaklight, horn and mirror... That's it. Oh, you have to have a motorcycle drivers license or a "recreational" MC endorsement on your license which is just the written portion of the motorcycle test.

I ride a piped (loud) Banshee with the stock tires and headlights. I changed the taillight so it would have a brqakelight and used a squeeze bulb horn for a bycycle and a bicycle mirror that attaches to your grips with velcro. He he he... Gotta love this place. The DMV or Sherrif's office can tell you anything you need about this.

05-08-2002, 03:49 PM
a squeese bulb huh?:huh

what no handle bar streamers?:p

just kiddin. wish i could ride streets. illinois bites!

4punksdad
05-08-2002, 04:26 PM
wyoduner...........I understand that you have space to ride a banshee........and in that element the liquid cooled big bores, the 500 quadracer and the banshees rule. I agree with you.
so far there is NO quad that is the king of everything.
we will assume our members are smart enough to choose the quad for their terrain & riding ability. Since this is Exriders.com, we will also assume that most of the members own EX's. Therefore, the majority of the members here do not drag race at Glamis. see where I am going with this?

you are right..........in the open spaces, there is no replacement for displacement.

WyoDuner
05-08-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by rick350twin
a squeese bulb huh?:huh

what no handle bar streamers?:p

just kiddin. wish i could ride streets. illinois bites!

LOL!!! Streamers Haa Haaa... That's pretty funny. I never saw that coming.

Well, you won't have me to kick aroundt for a while... I'm off to Idaho to hit the St. Anthony Dunes...

05-08-2002, 05:17 PM
illinois anaint that bad, nice long backroads...

Zero Z400
05-09-2002, 03:17 PM
Up where I live its filled w/ rich people. Sucks... I live in a more rural area unfortanutely, but i have a bunch of farm feilds behind to ride on. I think in Rick's territory it has more field but no backroads that i know of. But i'm not sure, rick would be the one to ask...

Later

4punksdad
05-14-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 02REDEXRIDER
rick350twin needs to get his *** off of the honda forums and find somebody else to tell how bad he his and no one in the whole world can touch him. us ex riders won't be rebuilding our engines every six months.:blah

I am not sure if this is an inside joke that I don't understand, or if you are flaming this guy for no reason...........if its a flame, do us a favor & remove it.

05-14-2002, 05:50 PM
if its an inside joke im not in on it.:(

lil400exman
05-15-2002, 09:24 AM
its all how we view and the terrain is to and what we like to do if we like tuning our motors for 3 1/2 before we ride my banshee buddies do and us who just like to grab a sparkpulug adjust the chain and go its all how you view it and how you run it thers is nothing better or worse its just whats good on that trail at that momentt!