PDA

View Full Version : Turn over front rims (dangerous?)

sleeman300
02-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Hi. Is it dangerous to turn over my fronts rims to make it larger (they are offsets)??

EvilJester400EX
02-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Flipping your rims to make the front end wider? Yes, it is dangerous. You are putting more stress on your tie rods and spindles.

crazyatvn
02-16-2005, 08:04 PM
you will get alot of bump steer.

sleeman300
02-16-2005, 08:30 PM
K Then it's dont a good idea !!?? :(

Jay99400ex
02-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Naa I wouldn't do it, plus it makes your rim way more vulnerable, the stock offset on rims to put more strength towards the outside for rocks and trees ect, you'll have a bent rim or worn out ball joint before ya know it

sleeman300
02-16-2005, 08:49 PM
I think that I will buy a pacer!!

TBD
02-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by crazyatvn
you will get alot of bump steer. Agian, wider wheels have nothing to do with bumpsteer. Bumpsteer is only affected by relocating the tie rods in relation to the a-arms. What you are refering to as bumpsteer actually has to do with the pin angle and tire location where the tire meets the ground. By moving the tire out makes the steering more sensative because of the increased leverage on the steering. I do not recomend a spacer or flipping the wheels.

Jay99400ex
02-17-2005, 12:42 PM
There alot wider than a quad, i'd recommend a yugo before a pacer, better gas mileage

Originally posted by sleeman300
I think that I will buy a pacer!!

Flynbryan19
02-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Jay99400ex
There alot wider than a quad, i'd recommend a yugo before a pacer, better gas mileage

LMAO....... ^^^

Xrider06
02-17-2005, 08:01 PM
i had tried this when i had my 250x and i didnt notice it at first but the tire stem would hit the brake guard every time around and i ended up with to bad stems once i was done riding but it works good on blasters i know

blue416ex
02-18-2005, 01:11 PM
theres nothing wrong with doing it i am doing it on my ex didnt do it yet you can put in a nw valve stem too you have to pull out the old one and put it in backwards so the the stem is on the inside then on the other side ( this is all with the tire off) you drill a hole the size the stem needs and FILE it down so that it is smooth (so you dont cut the stem ) then you put it in and bolt em up bakwards (after you put ar in it ) lol had it done on all my bikes and i like it its the cheap way out of buying aarms and getting the width

UglyMotha™
02-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by blue416ex
theres nothing wrong with doing it i am doing it on my ex didnt do it yet you can put in a nw valve stem too you have to pull out the old one and put it in backwards so the the stem is on the inside then on the other side ( this is all with the tire off) you drill a hole the size the stem needs and FILE it down so that it is smooth (so you dont cut the stem ) then you put it in and bolt em up bakwards (after you put ar in it ) lol had it done on all my bikes and i like it its the cheap way out of buying aarms and getting the width

listen to this boy here if you want to be on the Monkied Motosports Team :o

My favorite qoute "its the cheap way out of buying arms and getting the width" LMGDAO oooooohhhhh that was great :rolleyes: