PDA

View Full Version : Step Bro's First Quad HELP PLZ!

darkstar15
02-16-2005, 05:44 PM
My stepdad has started looking for a quad for his six year old son. He want to buy used to save some cash. What kind of mini do you suggest??? I think he will want something that is easy to make faster because a kid get used to a mini very quickly. We are a Honda-Loyal family, but the trx90 may be to big for him. I like the Kasea 50. Any other quad suggestions? Any help is geartly appriciated.

Ride Red (and whatever color my bro's quad may be)

:devil: :mad: :devil: :mad: :devil: :mad: :devil: :mad: :devil: :mad:

foleyit
02-16-2005, 09:49 PM
I recommend the Kasea Skyhawk 50 or the LRX. They are both the same quad. It's a great beginner quad and you make it faster as needed as the rider gets older. The Kasea Skyhawk 50 is the same chassis as their bigger quad the Kasea 90. There are few items about the Kasea that sold me on the quad.

-- It has a foot brake where others don't. Usually, the levers are a little stiff for the little riders.

-- There are a lot of aftermarkets parts available for Kasea/LRX (a-arms, axles, shocks, piston kits, pipes, hydraulic brakes)

The only other quad that comes to mind would be the eton.

Livin4Real
02-16-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm on the Kasea boat as well but I would recommend getting a 90 as the only difference aside from displacement is tire size. This way he won't outgrow it anytime soon and you can always govern it down. My son is 7 and races an 05' Kasea 90.

Livin4Real
02-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Another thing on the Kasea if you do get one. They changed the exhaust on them in late 04' and it is a much better design than the previous one and makes a big difference performance wise.
So grab a newer one if possible.

foleyit
02-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
Another thing on the Kasea if you do get one. They changed the exhaust on them in late 04' and it is a much better design than the previous one and makes a big difference performance wise.
So grab a newer one if possible.

Yep, I have one of these late model '04 Skyhawk 50. There is a very noticeable difference in them.

spliffy
02-19-2005, 07:06 AM
http://www.kidatvs.com/unisondesertcat50.html

there is also a smaller 50 that is $75 cheaper.

Ericthered rdr
02-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by spliffy
http://www.kidatvs.com/unisondesertcat50.html

there is also a smaller 50 that is $75 cheaper.

Looks like the Dinli wich is inferior to the Kasea. You get what you pay for........ Send Pappy a PM for a price he hooked me up and we love the Kasea.

spliffy
02-19-2005, 09:50 AM
ok? all I have to say is, heh...you know who makes your Honda Tranny? UNISON They are the biggest OEM Transmission mfg in the world. Watchem...they are up & coming & will give Kasea & Eton a run for their money...

Livin4Real
02-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Actually a friend of mine runs a dinli and there isn't anything inferior about it. There are only subtle differences in all the miniquads out there with exception to the cheapies you find someone selling out the back of their pickup on the street corner.
The kasea is built stronger than others I agree with the double knuckle design and adult style swingarm but my 7 yr. old still managed to rip the exhaust flange off along with snapping exhaust mounts and a motor mount in the process. This wasn't a crash this was from jumping 4 or so ft. in the air on stock suspension. If you haven't owned one of each brand you aren't in any position to call another one inferior. The kasea was "inferior"
when it came onto the market then certain folks got ahold of it and improved upon the design and now it's a frontrunner.

PHAT400
02-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Well, I'm not sure about everything else posted here but my son (6) is done with quad's. He has turned his attention towards sno-xross.

We have a 03 Polaris scrambler 50. New pro kill switch and no rev limiter. (we were going for the pipe and tranny upgrade this summer). It's sitting in the barn covered waiting for someone to ride it..

I'm looking to sell.

PM me if you think your step dad is interested or has any questions..

Thanks..