PDA

View Full Version : Alien Exhaust

fasterthanyouex
02-16-2005, 05:23 PM
can any one give me info. bout a DMC ALIEN pipe..?? likes .......dislikes.... noticable power gains....???

thanks

uber hacks

awj8074
02-16-2005, 05:54 PM
i have it on my 450r its really loud but the power is great.

oste
02-16-2005, 07:34 PM
I got one on my 400ex, it is really LOUD! I got measured at 101 db's.

The build construction, and fit is really good. It's easier to install than stock or the white bros full series.

I bought the spark arrestor for mine, they charge $60.00 for a piece of screen! If you think that is gouging, a new silencer core (muffler packing) is $95.00 and you can only get it from DMC!

If I was to do it over again, I'd go with the full white brothers e-series. Head pipe and all. They are cheaper, the spark arrestor is less restrictive, tunable (can be made quieter, or louder), and repacking material is way cheaper (mid $40's)!!!

dpizz450
02-16-2005, 07:36 PM
i dont know much about alien pipes. i have heard that they are loud as said above. but if your looking for a new setup i would go with th HMF full system, loud, but one of the best out there.

fasterthanyouex
02-17-2005, 11:45 AM
thanks for the information

YFZ450Ridr
02-17-2005, 02:10 PM
ive herd that you should stay away from DMC Alien, Cobra, and DG because they are crap. i dont ahve any first hand experience that is just what every one around here says.

Out_Sider
02-17-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
ive herd that you should stay away from DMC Alien, Cobra, and DG because they are crap. i dont ahve any first hand experience that is just what every one around here says.

the dmc is no where near crap my friend.. no where near

Quad Dude
02-17-2005, 08:26 PM
my dads friend said that on a 400ex the dmc gave him the most gain than any others and he uses dynos all the time. when i bought my ex from him i asked him what pipe should i get besides dmc and he told me just to save for the alien they are worth it. he said this info came form all kinds of testing and hes probally had all the pipe out their tested.cuz he races for a dealership and gets all kinds of deals

but he does run a rossier on his 450r. he wished rossier made a ex pipe.

Quad Dude
02-17-2005, 08:26 PM
my dads friend said that on a 400ex the dmc gave him the most gain than any others and he uses dynos all the time. when i bought my ex from him i asked him what pipe should i get besides dmc and he told me just to save for the alien they are worth it. he said this info came form all kinds of testing and hes probally had all the pipe out their tested.cuz he races for a dealership and gets all kinds of deals

but he does run a rossier on his 450r. he wished rossier made a ex pipe.

and yes they are extermly loud in my opinion