PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stem and Handle Bar Bend Question..

LTZ440 Guy
02-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Ok, I just baught what I consider to be a fully built bike, 440 kit, full suspension yada yada. Well the only thing I have notice about it is that I believe the Steering stem and handle bars might not be suited for my height. The guy I baught it from was my same weight of 220, but while he was at 5'10, I stand 6'3. To me it just seems a little akward(sp?) when riding. I have noticed other tall racers going to a +2 steme, with Such-n-Such handle bar bend. Now mind you I only race MX, and I want it to best suit my height, and not hurt me on the track. Any suggestions?

-Brandon

400exrider707
02-16-2005, 05:00 PM
www.ddracing.com sells some nice cheap steering stems for like $150. As far as bars, that is totally up to you and your comfort style. I personally like the 250R bend renthals because the ends are actually pointed up slightly and I feel more secure on it. My buddy has the trail tech fat bar set up with the trail tech bar clamp on his Z and he loves it. For the trail techs, the low bend is like 1 inch lower than stock, the mid is stock height, and the high is like 1 inch higher than stock. I would say see if you can try someone elses quad with different bars installed. Other than that whatever you buy you will eventually get used to anyhow, but IMO bars are one of the most important mods to make.

EvilJester400EX
02-16-2005, 06:09 PM
I would try a +1 or +2 stem and CR-Hi bend handlebars.

rollie
02-16-2005, 08:09 PM
i run "MINI MX bend" on my 300 and i love it :cool: