PDA

View Full Version : Bone stock 400ex jetting?

bansheex
02-16-2005, 04:34 PM
My 02 ex has a mid range bog if you arent winding it out hard. If you try to lug it around a corner then hit the gas it falls on its face but soon after takes off ok. What jetting would be better for it? It is showroom stock with airbox lid and abot 800ft above sea level. Should I just drop the clip one position? or go one size bigger on the pilot? or main? Anyone else experiance this on their 400?

brian-250
02-16-2005, 05:25 PM
sounds like you main jet fell out of place, mine done this not to long ago it runs OK at low RPM but when you get it into high range it bogs? that would be a main jet its to big or it fell out.;)

crazyatvn
02-16-2005, 08:06 PM
I would say check your carb out. Might have a main just problem.

bansheex
02-17-2005, 07:30 PM
No it is stock jetting but it is kind of flat in the mid range. The main jet is intact, it runs ok but if you try to lug it through a corner in 2nd then hammer the throttle it coughs and then takes off. It isn't a real bad problem but it is a little annoying, if you keep the rpms up it won't do it.

SHARPMACHINE
02-18-2005, 11:03 AM
I would consider a needle adjustment as you stated, but do a half throttle plug check afterward. If it makes it better it can only be to your advantage because you may be more on the rich side. Rich is better than lean. Give it a try and post your results.

good-luck:cool:

BLEEDRED
02-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Rich is better than lean.

Agree, I'll take fat and happy over lean and mean any day!!!