PDA

View Full Version : Jetting.

Metzroth
02-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Well I got bored last weekend and I had my K&N airfilter and a jetkit sitting in front of me and couldn't resist. So I took everything apart took the carb off and took out the main jet. I replaced it with a 165 and i'm running airbox lid off with a K&N. It runs awesome doen't seem to get hot and sounds great. Is it possible i could go leaner or should i stay with this setup. (Leaner = More Power (right?) Soon I will have to rejet for my HMF anyways but i'm just curious. Should I have messed with my air/fuel mix screw and if so how do I adjust it? Turn it all the way in and then out to what people say? Or do I adjust what they say from where it already is? What sould i mess with the mix screw at all yet? If i do need to adjust it how do i do it and what should i set it at? Should i change any of the other jets or are they ok? Thanks alot. -Metzroth

400exrider707
02-16-2005, 04:39 PM
leaner doesn't necessarily mean more power. Neither does richer. Spot on jetting is key to the most power. To me it sounds rich for just a filter but every engine is different. I would say look at the plug. I wouldn't think you would need to go much more than a 152 with just the filter. Also the screw adjustments are from bottomed out. So screw it all the way in and then out to the number.

Metzroth
02-16-2005, 04:48 PM
k... what should the mixture screw be at? anyone know? also when I rejet i will go a little smaller.